Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Tigers on the Hunt  (Read 28113 times)

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
Re: Tigers on the Hunt
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2016, 11:07:46 PM »
Hey Red, I think its a good game thats a good representation of a classic tabletop wargame.  I think it suffers from no PBEM greatly as everyone wants to play these types of games against their friends.
It has an amazing number of scenarios because of the community and it is nice that you can cover all theaters in one game like this.  Is it worth $50?  Hell no! If it had PBEM I would say absolutely yes!
Is it worth picking up on sale?  Yes if you are interested in an ASL-like experience against decent AI.  Yes.  But alot of that comes down to what you are looking for.  Its a real shame that PBEM is not included it could be really great if it had that.

Hi Stardog!

Hmm, thanks a bunch!  Once again I agree with you, it´s the PBEM that´s missing indeed! Been playing Flashpoint PBEM++ for about a month now (we set a one turn per week at least rule) and that is so practical to be honest!  Iam pretty tied up lately to be able to play on a given date, so PBEM is so cool just for that. I joined the Blitz club just for PBEM and there´s plenty of people who are willing to play, it works just great if your into wargames really and this game is missing just that, pitty!

Will be playing Combat Commander Europe (boardgame) next month so my GAS in that sence will be pleased  ;D

To tell you the truth and with all my respect´s to the designer, even on sale right now at 35€, I rather buy another John Tiller title for two euros more (37€).  I recently bought Battles of  Kursk southren flank which is John´s newer look just as Battles of Normandy.  They both have a sort of graphical 2D face lift which is very much appreciated and well it´s JT´s gameplay.  At 20€ I would have grabbed it but not at 35 with the JT games at 37 Iam afraid not unless something you said would have convinced me in some way, and I was hopeing you would have said something like "oh there working on PBEM in the future just hang in there".  Shame LNL Heroe´s of  Stalingrad has been abandond, it was the next ASL clone besides TotH.

Thanks Stardog for your opinion!

Best regards,

Red
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 11:21:23 PM by Red2112 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2016, 07:55:06 PM »
New update v1.0.51.

Change History:

v1.0.51
Bug fixes:
•   Russian SU 122 now has HEAT rounds (ISU 122 now does not have HEAT rounds)
•   Fixed 1024x768 resolution issue for Log Window being too big as well as the Pop up window was not positioned properly
•   When firing with an Ordnance/AFV vs target hex that only has AFV, the Infantry Target Type button will be disabled on the Target Type Dialog
•   An AFV was sometimes stuck in a Close Combat/Melee even after Close Combat Segment was over
•   Broken+ personnel unit in a Brush Hill hex is cannot be interdicted since Brush is not a clear terrain
•   Broken+ personnel unit in a Woods Hill hex is cannot be interdicted as Woods is not a clear terrain
•   AI, personnel unit firing with Flame Thrower will not now crash the game
•   Un-possessed support weapons/Ordnance do not impact Fog of War, this is big impact to FOW and LOS processing
•   Scenarios using Two OBAs will now get associated with Radios support weapon properly
•   Selecting Bogged/Mired AFV on a map will not display Start Forward/back and Stop buttons
•   AI, Bogged/Mired non-turreted AFV will not try to fire outside of its cowered arc
•   When AI places units designed by “Die <= CT”; the placement die rolls will not be displayed in the Log Window
•   AI, both Personnel units and AFVs will be now move more aggressively when AI is on attack

•   AI, improved AFV pathfinding logic
•   AI, both Personnel units and AFVs were sometimes not able to exit a map through Exit Hexes
•   AI, a leader can now use Demolition Charge support weapon properly
•   AI, a leader can now use Panzerfaust, Panzerschreck and Bazooka LATW support weapons properly
•   AI, a broken+ leader sometimes did not rout away
•   Fog of War and Line of sight algorithms were updated to better detect blind hexes
•   AI now better differentiates between tanks, TD/Assault guns, Mobile Artilleries, Armoured Cars and Half-tracks
•   Panzerfaust is now only available from October 1943 and not before
•   AI, severely reduced AFV driving back and forth around a VPO
•   AI, severely reduced AFV starting and stopping (and not moving) in the same hex
•   Scenario Editor, addresses the issue were a unit could not be given an ATTACK Special Command when AI was in Hold Attitude
•   For each new day in a campaign, Special ammunition for Ordnance and AFVs will be reset
•   Display Fire Range Tool is only enabled for player controlled units and not AI
•   Display Rout Tool is only enabled for player controlled units and not AI
•   Manual minor updates

New Feature:
•   Added APPENDIX C: Terrain Effect Chart dialog into the game/scenario editor under the Help
  Send Private Message     Report | Post #: 1 

Original source and download link:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4194664

--
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2016, 07:59:58 PM »
Red no problem bro.
Glad I could help or not help depending on how you look at it. :)

Ya I am a big fan of the Tiller games especially the new Panzer Battles series since its the same scale as one of my all time favorite wargames, his Campaign Series.
As for Blitz its one of the best wargaming clubs without a doubt.  All very nice guys over there and zero drama!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2016, 09:23:42 PM »
PBEM as in play by email?

Sorry this is a topic I am completely ignorant of.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2016, 11:47:49 PM »
I had that sence you were a Wargame fan Stardog and glad you are!  :)  Will have to play a PBEM someday! I have some John Tiller titles, just let me know.

Yes Longknife PBEM is just that (Play By E-Mail). You also have PBEM++ which is about the same thing but with some added features.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play-by-mail_game

Basicaly you play your turn then send the file to your opponent which in turn opens the file and see´s your turn fase and dose his turn and sends back the file to you so you can do the same.  With PBEM++ you don´t need to send the file, the file is on a server (you send it to a server and your opponent downloads it dose his turn and it uploads it again). Something like that. You then play your turn when ever you like or have time.

I decided to get Lock N Load Heroes of Stalingrad which is a nice game and ASL alike but also has multiplayer.  It´s not that it´s abandond, the game is finished and they don´t plan to do anything else for it, but you have a editor so thats cool, besides no battle will be the same with the AI. It seems that LNL are working on a new title "Heroes of the Pacific"...
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/heroes-of-the-pacific-digital-edition.860/

--
Glad to see there´s plenty of "warheads" in DOW  ;)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 08:47:39 AM by Red2112 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2016, 01:56:03 AM »
Cool man!
Ya I picked up Heroes of Stalingrad with my Matrix Anniversary coupon this year a few months back.  Havent even installed it yet.
You like so far?

Good you see your quite the wargamer :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2016, 07:09:44 PM »
Cool man!
Ya I picked up Heroes of Stalingrad with my Matrix Anniversary coupon this year a few months back.  Havent even installed it yet.
You like so far?

Good you see your quite the wargamer :)

I haven´t had much time with it, just played the tutorials for now, but so far so good. I never played ASL but from the videos I looked at in YT this title seems a decent "wanabe" ASL clone. Like I said, I don´t know up to what extent of rules ASL has (I imagen alot from the price of the rule book and what I hear) or for the same matter compared to TotH. I just see it as a good "tactical" wargame. It´s not to hard to learn but it´s hard to beat. The scope is just in my ballpark, tactical squad level with till now small maps, so that fill´s my bill just fine. It also has multiplayer, I joined the lobby but no one was there, I guess if you meet with someone at a given time/date it should work just like any online (lobby) multiplayer game. So all in all very good for me, and I see folks still buy it and play it now day´s which means the game is good.  We should try a online session some day.

Salut my friend  ;)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2016, 09:05:20 PM »
Thanks for the feedback so far Red. It will help others who are undecided so let us know what you think when you have more time with it.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2016, 10:55:11 AM »
Ok getting back to Tigers on the Hunt...

All is not lost folks regarding online play  ;)

See below the use of "Team Viewer" as a "Hot-Seat" option which I find very doable, and not only for TotH.  Actually a couple of months ago I got support from Steinberg (Cubase) via Team Viewer for some issue I had with there sofware.

I guess we are going to have to think twice our purchase of TonH  :)

Care warheads,

Red
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 10:57:19 AM by Red2112 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2017, 05:19:48 PM »

Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2017

On July 1943, the German war machine had the chance to deal a mortal blow to the Red Army. After the defeat at Stalingrad, it was necessary to regain the initiative and secure the Eastern front. For this purpose, the German High Command massed a huge quantity of Panthers and Tigers tanks in proximity of the Kursk salient, hoping to destroy the bulk of the Russian forces in this area.

But the Soviets, knowing in advance the Hitler’s plan, created over 190 miles of depth defense to stop the Panzerwaffe and they moved their armored forces in reserve for the counter-attack.

The largest tank battle of the entire Second World War was about to commence…

Tigers on the Hunt: Kursk is a DLC containing three Campaign Game Scenarios for Tigers on the Hunt, focused on the key operations during Operation Citadel. This nice addition features a different type of gameplay from the original base game, giving the players a more challenging experience!

A Campaign Game Scenario is a much larger scenario with a lot of units on a large map. The battle lasts generally over several days and nights before the Campaign Game winner is called. To do this the Game Turns are divided into portions for Day (8 Game Turns) and Night (4 Game Turns). See more information on how it works on the official product page here.

Following the steps of the base game, Tigers on the Hunt: Kursk will make you toiling for every inch conquered, fighting against an unforgiving AI!

Tigers on the Hunt: Kursk will be available soon! Check its official product page for further information.

Tigers on the Hunt: Kursk is a DLC containing three Campaign Game Scenarios for the Tigers on the Hunt Game.

The Campaign Game Scenarios portrait three different battles during the German Summer Campaign 1943, more known as the Operation Citadel. The first Campaign Game Scenario is about 3rd SS Panzergrenadier Division Totenkopf crossing of river Psel, the second 1st SS Panzergrenadier Division Leibstandarte Adolf Hitlers drive towards Prokhorovka and the third XLI Panzer Korps attempt to penetrate the Russian lines at Ponyri.
Playing a Campaign Game Scenario
Playing a Campaign Game Scenario is a different taste of TotH. A Campaign Game Scenario is a much larger scenario with a lot of units on a large map. The battle lasts generally over several days and nights before the Campaign Game winner is called. To do this the Game Turns are divided into portions for Day (8 Game Turns) and Night (4 Game Turns). Dependent on how long the full Campaign Game Scenario is it will be divided like this:
Day 1: Game Turns 1-8
Night 1: Game Turns 9-12
Day 2: Game Turns    13-20
Night 2: Game Turns 21-24
Day 3: Game Turn 25-32
Night 3: Game Turn 33-36
Etc.

As the Campaign Game Scenario last for a while there are some differences from a normal scenario. This is to depict the possibility for a side to do some refit of their units during the night.

The differences are that at the start of a new Day:
•   Broken and Broken+ units will Rally to normal status
•   Broken Weapons will be repaired
•   Broken Ordnance will be repaired
•   Immobilized vehicles will be mobile again
•   Off Board Artillery will be back to possible access again

Official page: http://www.matrixgames.com/products/679/details/TigersontheHunt:Kursk
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2017, 09:09:35 PM »
Sounds interesting. Will depend on the price for me.  I do very much enjoy the game though.

In the spirit of the Eastern Front here is a shot of winter with my winter terrain mod :)

« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:58:13 PM by Stardog765 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2017, 03:15:18 PM »
Tigers on the Hunt: Kursk screenshots!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2017, 04:08:32 PM »
Tigers on the Hunt: Kursk will be released on 9th of February!

Good news from the Front! Siliconsoft, developer studio behind the wargame Tigers on the Hunt - heavy influenced by games like ASL - is proud to reveal the Release Date for its first official Expansion!

Brace yourself! Tigers on the Hunt. Kursk will be available on our store from February, 9th!

Stay tuned!

Get more information about the game from its official product page! http://www.matrixgames.com/products/679/details/Tigers.on.the.Hunt:.Kursk

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2017, 06:16:58 PM »
Tigers on the Hunt: Kursk - A video introduction

The release date of the first DLC for Tigers on the Hunt is approaching, so it’s time to take a closer look!

In this video introduction, our friend idjester will give an overview of the three scenarios featured in Kursk. These scenarios are three times larger than the ones in the base game, covering different moments of the greatest armored battle in the entirety of World War II!

With a huge focus on historical accuracy, Tigers on the Hunt: Kursk will be a nice addition for every lover of tactical wargaming!

Get more information about the game from its official product page! http://www.matrixgames.com/products/679/details/Tigers.on.the.Hunt:.Kursk

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2017, 03:50:00 PM »
Tigers on the Hunt: Kursk gets a Twitch Stream!

Tigers on the Hunt: Kursk will be released tomorrow, and to celebrate this important occasion, our friend Idjester will stream the game on his Twitch Channel on Thursday Feb 9th from 6:00-9:00 pm EST and again on Friday Night from 6:00-9:00 pm EST!

Watch the Stream here:

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Silent Hunter series - what maketh a Man

Started by Frankie

Replies: 4