Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Tigers on the Hunt  (Read 27947 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Tigers on the Hunt
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 12:19:58 AM »
Tutorial Video

In this first Tutorial you will discover the basics of infantry movement and fire, featuring assaults with Officers charging you main attack, flamethrowers units, combat engineers with satchel charges, line of fire and more!

Published on 25 Jan 2016

Welcome to the first video tutorial of Tigers on the Hunt!
Get more information about the game from its official product page: http://bit.ly/1KzbhfR

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC, and its goal is to simulate with a level of realism barely seen before the tactical combat between ground units during the Second World Conflict.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers. Players can enjoy massive battles across up to 12 connected geomorphic maps with over 200 Infantry units, 100 Support Weapons, 100 Ordnance pieces and 50 Vehicles per side.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 12:09:37 PM »
Tigers on the Hunt Gameplay Video

Published on 9 Feb 2016

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 12:11:16 PM »
Release date: February 25th 2016
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2016, 12:21:01 PM »
Defending Meximieux AAR.

By: xavutrecht

This AAR will see German forces attacking US forces defending a small village.
On the menu infantry, leaders, tanks, half-tracks, self-propelled artillery, mortars, machine guns, anti-tank weapons, satchel charges.
Turns are divided in 2 player phases; phases are divided in segments.
First turn is quite detailed; the next ones are more straight to the point.
Hope you will enjoy reading it.

Scenario: Defending Meximieux: 1st September 1944 Meximieux, France
History: After the Allied breakout from their bridgeheads in southern France, Operation Dragoon became a northward race between the retreating German cover force, 11th Panzer Division, and the advancing Allied 45th and 3rd Infantry Divisions. On the 30th and 31st of August 1944, elements of the 45th Infantry Division, "The Thunderbirds", shifted eastward to avoid the German cover force and then moved north to capture the town of Meximieux. To protect the eastern flank of the retreating German forces, 11th Panzer Division received orders to dislodge the advancing 45th Infantry Division from the town. The Germans surrounded Meximieux on the 31st of August. An understrength Battalion from the 45th took up positions and awaited the attack. When the Germans attacked, the Americans managed to slow down the advance and separate the grenadiers from the panzers. This made the Panzers easy picking for the Americans. The Germans were forced to withdraw with heavy losses.

Unit strength for Human Players: German: 15 Squads, 1 PSK, 8 AFVs
AI player (strength may vary): American: 19 Squads, 4 AFVs, 2 Bazookas, 2 MTRs
Terrain: Rural/Village
Victory Objective: The side with the most Victory Points at the end is the winner. Both sides get VPs for controlling Victory Objectives.
Turns: 7

Scenario configuration:
Fog of war: On
Difficulty: Hard (Both the computer and human players follow the Command and Control rules, ie units can be ‘Out of Command’)
Scenario is set I will play the German attacking against an US AI entrenched in a small village. According to the description the German force is supposed to take a beating, let’s try to re-write history and take that village.

Full AAR: Click Here
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 09:26:01 AM »
Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial 2: Off Board Artillery

https://youtu.be/5-xQSEtFkKc?list=PLk5K-IfEIqTtIO5GM4p2l4e1eZKljbeX7

Hi everybody! Welcome to the second Tutorial of Tigers on the Hunt!
In this video, you will see how to use an important asset for every commander: the Off-board artillery!

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC, and its goal is to simulate with a level of realism barely seen before the tactical combat between ground units during the Second World Conflict.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers. Players can enjoy massive battles across up to 12 connected geomorphic maps with over 200 Infantry units, 100 Support Weapons, 100 Ordnance pieces and 50 Vehicles per side.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2016, 03:54:57 PM »
Tigers on the Hunt is Released!

It is when everything falls apart that the true nature of leadership is revealed. The ability to consistently take care of your men and make the right tactical decision at the right time is a rare commodity, found in only the best commanders.
Will you be one of them?

Tigers on the Hunt is now released, which means it is time to step up!

Discover an extraordinary computer wargame inspired by the best classic wargames, simulating tactical battles in the Western, Eastern and Mediterranean Fronts of World War II, with over 200 Infantry units, 100 Support Weapons, 100 Ordnance pieces and 50 Vehicles per side and an unforgiving AI!

This game recreates with stunning precision tactical confrontations between American, British, German and Soviet forces, each of them with their proper historically-accurate equipment thanks to an immense library of units!

Tigers on the Hunt also employs a very versatile editor, allowing you to easily craft your own scenario for an unmatched level of replayability!

Fog of War, Off-board Artillery, Support weapons, Line of Sight, all of this - and more –make this title one of the most realistic and detailed ww2 tactical simulations around!

Fight on the beaches of Normandy, in the cold Russian steppes or in the Mediterranean and test your mettle as a true wargamer!

Play Tigers on the Hunt now!

Need to see some action? We will stream the game today at 20:00 CET / 19:00 UTC / 2:00 PM EST on our Official Twitch Channel!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2016, 08:57:04 PM »
Live Stream

By idjester

"Join me tonight Friday Feb 26th at 7pm EST for another edition of Tigers on the Hunt.

This time I will be showcasing my new custom made scenario called Omaha Beach, 6th June 1944. The American's are trying
to land on the beach and get to the German Buildings which are on the other side of the map. Should be interesting to
try out this scenario.

But wait there is more...

We are going to be using another totally awesome mod called Vasl Unit Mod made by JMass. You can find this mod in the
mods and scenarios forums.

Come join in the fun as we experience "The Longest Day" live and in person through the power of the internet."

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2016, 04:59:01 AM »
My contribution to the game.

My winter terrain mod. :)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2016, 04:34:03 PM »
My contribution to the game.

My winter terrain mod. :)
Excellent.

Thanks for posting this.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Tigers on the Hunt New Game Executable
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2016, 01:58:22 AM »
Tigers on the Hunt New Game Executable

There are some bug fixes that I thought I would share with you as soon as possible. Work on official UPDATE2 continues but at slower pace than UPDATE1, too busy with my day job.

Bug fixes:

1) Russian SU 122 now has HEAT rounds (ISU 122 now does not HEAT)
2) Fixed 1024x768 resolution issue for log window being too big as well as the Pop up window was not positioned properly.
3) When firing with an Ordnance/AFV vs target that only has AFV, the Infantry Target Type button will be disabled on the Target Type Dialog.

NOTE: make sure you install UPDATE1 before overwriting the game executable with the 1.0.28 version attached in this message.

Download: Click Here
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2016, 12:09:00 PM »
Mr Nacro here again LOL!

Yeah well since Iam in the fence with this one and it´s on sale, and I heard Stardog´s name on one on IDJester´s video I though I would fill you in regarding recent patch...

Hi All,

Here is a list of all the items part of UPDATE2:

FIXES:

•   Russian SU 122 now has HEAT rounds (ISU 122 now does not have HEAT rounds)
•   Fixed 1024x768 resolution issue for Log Window being too big as well as the Pop up window was not positioned properly
•   When firing with an Ordnance/AFV vs target hex that only has AFV, the Infantry Target Type button will be disabled on the Target Type Dialog
•   An AFV was sometimes stuck in a Close Combat/Melee even after Close Combat Segment was over
•   Broken+ personnel unit in a Brush Hill hex is cannot be interdicted since Brush is not a clear terrain
•   Broken+ personnel unit in a Woods Hill hex is cannot be interdicted as Woods is not a clear terrain
•   AI, personnel unit firing with Flame Thrower will not now crash the game
•   Un-possessed support weapons/Ordnance do not impact Fog of War, this is big impact to FOW and LOS processing
•   Scenarios using Two OBAs will now get associated with Radios support weapon properly
•   Selecting Bogged/Mired AFV on a map will not display Start Forward/back and Stop buttons
•   AI, Bogged/Mired non-turreted AFV will not try to fire outside of its cowered arc
•   When AI places units designed by “Die <= CT”; the placement die rolls will not be displayed in the Log Window
•   AI, both Personnel units and AFVs will be now move more aggressively when AI is on attack
•   AI, improved AFV pathfinding logic
•   AI, both Personnel units and AFVs were sometimes not able to exit a map through Exit Hexes
•   AI, a leader can now use Demolition Charge support weapon properly
•   AI, a leader can now use Panzerfaust, Panzerschreck and Bazooka LATW support weapons properly
•   AI, a broken+ leader sometimes did not rout away
•   Fog of War and Line of sight algorithms were updated to better detect blind hexes
•   AI now better differentiates between tanks, TD/Assault guns, Mobile Artilleries, Armoured Cars and Half-tracks
•   Panzerfaust is now only available from October 1943 and not before
•   AI, severely reduced AFV driving back and forth around a VPO
•   AI, severely reduced AFV starting and stopping (and not moving) in the same hex
•   Scenario Editor, addresses the issue were a unit could not be given an ATTACK Special Command when AI was in Hold Attitude
•   Manual minor updates

NEW FEATURE:

•   Added APPENDIX C: Terrain Effect Chart dialog into the game/scenario editor under the Help menu

NOTE: UPDATE2 is cumulative, it covers all the bug fixes and new features from UPDATE1 as well.

Jorgen and I are currently doing final testing and assuming all goes well, we plan to submit the UPDATE2 package to the publisher on November 25th.

Cheers!

Original post:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4181399

So, what do you think Stardog worth it? To bad it´s not PBME at the moment, not sure if there´s plans for that in the future.

Care,

Red
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 12:12:27 PM by Red2112 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2016, 12:32:30 PM »
Mr Nacro here again LOL!

Yeah well since Iam in the fence with this one and it´s on sale, and I heard Stardog´s name on one on IDJester´s video I though I would fill you in regarding recent patch...

Hi Red

The developer  of this title is a friend. He used to play with DOW a while back but got very busy :)

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2016, 05:38:54 PM »
Mr Nacro here again LOL!

Hi Red

The developer  of this title is a friend. He used to play with DOW a while back but got very busy :)

Regards

Thanks Asid! Well that´s a good reason to buy it I would think, it´s just that since it´s ASL based and I never got to play ASL I was just wondering.  The good thing is you don´t need to worry about all the ASL rules.

Care,

Red
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2016, 05:53:44 PM »
Stardog has it. I'm sure he can give his thoughts :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2016, 09:47:11 PM »
Hey Red, I think its a good game thats a good representation of a classic tabletop wargame.  I think it suffers from no PBEM greatly as everyone wants to play these types of games against their friends.
It has an amazing number of scenarios because of the community and it is nice that you can cover all theaters in one game like this.  Is it worth $50?  Hell no! If it had PBEM I would say absolutely yes!
Is it worth picking up on sale?  Yes if you are interested in an ASL-like experience against decent AI.  Yes.  But alot of that comes down to what you are looking for.  Its a real shame that PBEM is not included it could be really great if it had that.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Silent Hunter series - what maketh a Man

Started by Frankie

Replies: 4
    Views: 5492
    Last post December 11, 2015, 06:37:57 PM