Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Friday 24/11/17  (Read 9693 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Friday 24/11/17
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 08:37:58 PM »
I play

General Mitra welcome to the battle  :Lancer
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Berthier

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 08:40:54 PM »
Ready
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Sargon

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2017, 08:46:53 PM »
I'm in.  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2017, 08:50:25 PM »
Generals Berthier and Sargon welcome to the battle  :French sodier with flag
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2017, 02:39:11 PM »
Great battle  :thumbsup

I was on the oalition side. I was pushed hard by general Colbert. I had an understrength division. I held Colbert back but he made me pay dearly.  :beatings

Taff did well with the Cavalry. He supported our centre.

General Sandman took and held the objective against a ferocious attack from the French  :French sodier with flag

Jason suffered injuries on the battlefield so his command was severely diminished.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2017, 08:47:12 PM »
Our plan works quite well. 

You, Jason and Taff with orders to intercept and delay the enemy coming from east while Sandman manoeuvre to reach the objective from southwest.

The French manage to force the block with a cavalry brigade and an infantry division moving towards sandman.

He resisted until the situation became too dangerous for his small division then cunningly decided to fall back waiting for reinforcements.

Me and Taff arrived on the French flank near the end of the battle to help him. Who knows what could be the outcome at the objective...
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline JasonPratt

• Now let us see what the future will bring...
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2017, 11:20:06 PM »
Specifically, my brigade of four British infantry regiments (a nice elite and veteran mix from all over the isle, playing their traditional music by the way), came through the battle amazingly well-preserved considering that for a little while we were roadblocking the entire French army on the road! -- and the French had the high ground, too! (The road was on a ridgeline.) It helped that we could retreat back into a handy fort area (La Haye Sainte), although this fort also generated some typical engine wonkiness as units got stuck on it, including my general a few times. A lone French regiment which someone kept nearby to watch the fort in case we sallied, caught my general from behind as I was trying to chivvy my regiments out from within and around the fort for a sally onto the French flank, and overran me.

I was consequently rebooted across the whole map to our starting position (central south). I instantly started racing down the road back to La Haye Sainte, where my brigade fortunately kept to their last orders and took up a defensive line around (but not in) the fort area, and (according to the replay) weren't particularly harried by the French despite being caught outside and out of effective command. Unfortunately, the evil, eeeeeevil game engine rebooted me facing south, so in a couple of minutes I realized I didn't recognize this terrain from my previous ride northward and managed to catch myself before I withdrew totally off the map! This naturally did not hasten my return to effective command.   :chg

Incidentally, Wellington never seemed to move from our starting area. I noticed him behind me (I thought) as I started racing to the rear (mistakenly); and then passed him and his aides while correcting my course northward up the road. Wasn't that supposed to be Biondo?  :bonaparte I never heard that you got killed or booted out of the game, much less that you sat back at our starting position for ten or fifteen minutes...

Having returned to La Haye Sainte, I found my brigade in decent shape, and sent orders ahead as I approached for them to march up to the ridge road away from the fort -- a maneuver I finished as I arrived. We then marched west in good order to catch the eastward elements of the French army by surprise from the rear (overrunning some French marshal with our own infantry by surprise in the process. I hope he was the same player whose little regiment of infantry got me!!) As the game ended we were lining up to harass the French rear, although without good cover I didn't think we would survive very long. Upon checking the replay, I realized we were still too far away to affect the battle around the main (and sole) objective; but we might have been able to relive pressure on the remnants of Asid's division (who was also my immediate commander, since we only had four divisions for five players and while I can play a small division I'm more comfortable with operating a brigade anyway.)

Again, much to my surprise my brigade's score ended up only slightly minus, naturally dipping more during my absence but not greatly and then recovering near the end. (I suppose by scoring points for completing short marching operations.) Despite having to friction the whole French advance as the vanguard, we kept our losses reasonably low, and (with Asid frictioning their advance farther to the west -- and being sandblasted away!) we kept them from pushing their whole force forward to the objective. Had we been curbstomped instead, our team might have lost the battle on points, since we only won by around a thousand points (out of around twenty thousand). I'm glad we were able to contribute materially to our edge of a win.  :howdy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Mp Decisive Campaigns: Blitzkrieg videos (finished)

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

Survive Harder! Season Two complete; Blood Bowl Amazons AAR

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2017, 09:20:20 AM »
Bella e combattuta battaglia, complimenti a tutti :howdy eravamo in marcia, avevo ricevuto l'ordine di marciare e occupare  dal mio hougoumont comandante in capo. ero la retroguardia, ad un certo momento, ho notato movivento truppe nemiche ad ovest, ho avvisato immediatamente il mio comandante chiedendo il permesso di schierare le mie truppe(ero in una posizione buona(, per intercettare il nemico,il comandante, mi ha ordinato di continuare verso hougoumont,  praticamente,  avanzavo in fila dando il mio fianco sinistro al nemico, non avevo possibilità di arrivare  a hougoumont .La mia divisione ad eccezione dell'artiglieria che  ha seguito il mio generale, ha ingaggiato il nemico, a nulla è valso il mio intervento a distoglierli dalla battaglia, sono ritornato indietro per riprendere il controllo della mia divisione ordinando anche all'artiglieria di seguirmi.Purtroppo,  la mia artiglieria e rimasta da sola ed è stata attaccata dalla cavalleria che praticamente l'ha distrutta quasi completamente, si sono salvati solo due cannoni. Si è creduto che solo un battaglione avesse fermato la mia divisione, ma, non è stato così, oltre al battaglione sdraiato a terra, ce n'erano altri verso ovest in più, alcuni battaglioni si erano fermati ed avevano iniziato a scendere dalla collina che avevo conquistato e poi lasciato per raggiungere l'aoobiettivo, difatti, ho distaccato una brigata per fronteggiarli.Da lontano, avevo visto che avevamo conquistato l'obbiettiva credendo che ce l'avessimo fatta, purtroppo non è stato così. :dunno :Soldier_salute
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2017, 06:39:24 PM »
From Mitra's saddle

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline JasonPratt

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2017, 09:15:28 PM »
I can't be entirely sure, but I think that video starts at the point when the first cannons along the ridge road had rolled up to try to shell the leading regiments of my brigade as we rushed past Lay Haye Sainte to take a position in shrub cover next to the ridgeline road along which the French Army was advancing. (The crossroad is back at the tall tree near the shooting cannons in the near distance, if I'm correct. But I'm not sure.)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline JasonPratt

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2017, 09:17:37 PM »
By the way, I liked the new toolbar design pack version 7.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2017, 09:56:14 PM »
Visto. ho letto alcuni messaggi mandati da mitra in cui diceva che  potevamo  decidere il da farsi se si fosse presentata un eventualità che lo richiedeva, purtroppo, a me non è arrivato un messaggio simile, ma come si è visto, mi dovevo sgangiare  e proseguire , purtroppo, non ci sono riuscito. ho proseguito solo col generale perdendo come ho già scritto,il controllo della mia divisione e perdendo quasi tutta l'artiglieria.Peccato aver perso l'obbiettivo nell'ultima fase della battaglia. Come giustamente ha detto mitra e lo diceva anche Napoleone, i generali, debbono avere una certa autonomia decisionale se si presenta o un imprevisto o, un opportunità di agire.Ci rifaremo alla prossima  :Soldier_salute :Vive
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2017, 11:19:04 AM »
By the way, I liked the new toolbar design pack version 7.

Glad you enjoy it. We're keep improving it also with user's suggestions :thumbsup

Visto. ho letto alcuni messaggi mandati da mitra in cui diceva che  potevamo  decidere il da farsi se si fosse presentata un eventualità che lo richiedeva, purtroppo, a me non è arrivato un messaggio simile, ma come si è visto, mi dovevo sgangiare  e proseguire , purtroppo, non ci sono riuscito. ho proseguito solo col generale perdendo come ho già scritto,il controllo della mia divisione e perdendo quasi tutta l'artiglieria.Peccato aver perso l'obbiettivo nell'ultima fase della battaglia. Come giustamente ha detto mitra e lo diceva anche Napoleone, i generali, debbono avere una certa autonomia decisionale se si presenta o un imprevisto o, un opportunità di agire.Ci rifaremo alla prossima  :Soldier_salute :Vive

During a battle it's good to check sometimes the Message Received list because you could miss some important message.

Anyway, looking at the replay you can see how well my generals played. Everyone had an important part on this victory :winner

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Multiplayer Battle Wednesday 28.03.2018

Started by General Sandman

Replies: 5
    Views: 3496
    Last post March 28, 2018, 08:55:36 PM
    by Colbert
    SOW Waterloo MP AAR Seen from Div commander perspective army vs army

Started by ushiri

Replies: 2
    Views: 4558
    Last post December 19, 2016, 09:54:58 PM
    by ushiri
    SOW Waterloo play today 28/11/16 + AAR

Started by Asid

Replies: 17
    Views: 10497
    Last post November 29, 2016, 12:41:09 PM
    by Mr. Digby
    Subscriptions for the beta version of DOW Scourge of War Multiplayer Campaign

Started by mitra76

Replies: 10
    Views: 9475
    Last post November 11, 2019, 06:12:18 PM
    by Morhys
    SOW Multiplayer With D.O.W.

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 12496
    Last post November 16, 2016, 06:04:19 PM
    by Asid