Translations for our friends around the world.

IL-2 Sturmovik

BO-9IyACUAAxqUu

Author Topic: Tank Crew – Clash at Prokhorovka  (Read 37186 times)

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
Re: Tank Crew – Clash at Prokhorovka
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 04:44:08 PM »
Yes, they are excellent, and I wish that Steel Beasts had graphics that were that good. At the same time, I do like the graphics it has now.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I ride inside Steel Beasts.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 04:55:34 PM »
Yes, they are excellent, and I wish that Steel Beasts had graphics that were that good. At the same time, I do like the graphics it has now.

We always wish for more....SB has an old engine which the developers are finding very difficult to update/add new things to. SB is still a great Tank simulation  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Oleg

• =RA= team
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 05:07:35 PM »
You did not play this game? I would like to get feedback.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lusik

• HAVOC
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 11:50:32 PM »
It's still in development although some vehicles have been released already. I tried Pz. III and T-34/76 which were quite immersive Tank behaviour seems very realistic but these two vehicles are modelled completely, like Tiger or KV-1 for instance. Driving is more realistic than in Steel beasts. You can feel the weight of the tank. It takes time to gain speed and the vehicle bounces on every bump. Damage modelling is also very good.

Regarding Steel Beast, I prefer realism over visuals although its driving experience could be better in SB. It's for more immersive in Il-2 or Steel Armour Blaze of War. I actually drove a real T-55 so I have something to compare it to.  ;D

Overall Il-2 as a flight sim is much more immersive than I initially expected.  I am a fan of DCS, in spite of its shortcomings, but comparing DCS WW2 aircraft and Il-2 I tend to enjoy the latter a bit more. There's something in it that takes you back 75 year into the past.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Oleg

• =RA= team
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 11:45:34 AM »
Thank you, there seems to be no alternative to the Steel Beasts yet.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 03:46:13 PM »
Thank you, there seems to be no alternative to the Steel Beasts yet.

Games/Sims like iL-2 and Steel Armor Blaze Of War (SABOW) are not an alternative but can add to your tanking fun.

I have found that the T62 in SABOW is a great simulation of a real tank, as is the M60. You really get a good feeling of weight, acceleration, deceleration. It can make you feel like you are in a tank. The engine struggles depending on the surface. There are many surfaces simulated in SABOW and each is different and lets you "feel" you are on mud, grass, sand, water etc. It also has great physics. The immersion is very high. You "feel" part of a crew. You can swap a dead driver with a loader if you wish........Oh the devs are easy to talk to  :thumbsup

Tank Crew – Clash at Prokhorovka is a new title in development. It allows multi-crew. I have done it with Beef and Wilso  :thumbsup . It is very promising. It has the weight and feel that I would associate with a tank. Oh the devs are also easy to talk to  :thumbsup

There is room in your collection for all of them  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Oleg

• =RA= team
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 06:45:47 PM »
Thank you, I will follow this game.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2019, 12:41:55 AM »
Dev blog #214

Hello everybody,

The year has just begun, but we're already preparing the new update for you. Version 3.010 will be focused on improving the functionality of several modules of the sim and some of the changes are long-awaited and important. In the meantime, the work on all the Early Access projects progresses according to the schedule and many new things will be ready shortly after 3.010 release, in Q1 2019.

Our map designers are finishing the map of the Southern Kursk salient that includes Prokhorovka. As we announced before, it will utilize the higher detailed landscape wireframe and higher detailed buildings damage. When it is finished, the work on the scenario campaigns for "Clash at Prokhorovka" will begin. The campaigns will recreate the large scale historical events of July 1943 to the South-West of Prokhorovka. Today we can show you several screenshots of this map:

We plan to show you the new tanks soon - M4A2 Sherman, Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.M (to be released at the end of the Winter) and T-34 mod. 1943 and PzKpfw IV Ausf.G (to be released at the beginning of Spring). We also started the implementation of the major feature - animated tank crewmen. This is a very laborious and time-consuming task since each tank has 4-5 crewmen and each one of them has his own unique pose and animations (many can also lean out of their hatches). This forced us to find new technical approaches for character animation that open new prospects not only for the Tank Crew but also other projects:

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2019, 05:42:55 PM »
Update 08/02/19

This week we finished the map of the Southern part of the Kursk salient while two next tanks, M4A2 and PzKpfw III Ausf.M, will follow soon. The new tanks and the map will be released into Tank Crew Early Access after beta testing. Today we can show you the first in-game screenshots of them taken near Prokhorovka:

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline zakblood

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2019, 07:10:58 PM »
sure does like nice,
look forward to it even if it's another one i'll see but never have the time to play :howdy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2019, 12:24:00 AM »
I have been trying it an I am impressed so far  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2019, 12:48:43 AM »
Update

From Dev blog #216

Hello everybody,

Before we return to telling about the Battle of Bodenplatte and Flying Circus in our DDs, today we'd like to tell you more about Tank Crew. The most important thing is that we prepare the next big update that will include two new tanks, M4A2 "Sherman" and Panzerkampfwagen III Ausführung M, that were used in Kursk area and the map of the southern part of the Kursk salient made for joint ground and air warfare. But of course, we work not only on the new content.

The main areas of the Tank Crew development at this moment are:

1. Improving the damage and armor-projectile interaction model both for the player controlled tanks we're making for Tank Crew and the other objects. Several consequent updates for the sim we released this month contained most part of this work, but this was only a part and we continue. Ricochet modeling will be improved and 'simple', non-player controllable, vehicles will get even more detailed armor (which will be noticeable especially when you attack them from the air). We're beginning the work on the detailed systems of the player controllable tanks (fuel, electric, transmission, cooling, etc.) which will allow for more variable and realistic damage of Tank Crew vehicles. We also plan to make them repairable in the field.

2. Developing and expanding the tank and tank platoon commander functionality. The basic commander functionality is done - a commander can give all the orders we planned for this stage of development in relation to the current position, target, firing, maneuvering and some additional commands that make the playing experience more diverse. A commander will be able to give orders to other players in his tank in multiplayer and to AI crewmen alike. It looks like the commander role will be the most interesting one.

3. Developing AI for crew members. Again, the basic functionality is done and now detailed tanks controlled by AI can follow the orders that can be specified in a mission like the simple AI vehicles always did. This means that detailed tanks can be fully used in a mission scenario. Now we begin the work on implementing the functionality that will make possible for a player to give orders to crewmen of his tank and other tanks in his platoon. We hope to have this functionality mostly done by the end of Spring and release it into Tank Crew Early Access.

4. Developing the scenario campaigns which should carry out the main idea of the project - let you experience not the fictional gladiator-like balanced tank duels, but the tank warfare of July 1943 with its balance of power and technical characteristics of the armored vehicles involved. Moreover, we'll try to show the historical events since the scenarios will be based on the tour of duty of the units that participated in these events. Later we'll tell you more about these scenarios.

All this - detailed, true to history tank models including interiors with crews, the historical map with variable detail level, buildings with detailed damage modeling, realistic movement kinematics, improved tank damage modeling, detailed weaponry, all important crew roles, especially the commander one, acting as a part of a tank platoon, history-based and educational scenario campaigns telling about the major event of WWII, ability to control one tank with several people in multiplayer - all this combined should give you the new experience and impression you can't get anywhere else.

To make this DD less dry, our studio and our partners Digital Forms prepared several WIP screenshots for you that show what will be released in the next big update.

The map of the southern part of the Kursk salient you'll see in the game. The zone containing detailed buildings developed for tank warfare and scenario campaigns in the historical events of Clash of Prokhorovka project is marked inside (106x106 km, the detailed zone is 19х23 km):

KV-1S crew:

PzKpfw III Ausf.M impact shot demonstrating the improved damage modeling with certain parts detaching:

M4A2 "Sherman" interior renders:

PzKpfw III Ausf.M interior renders:

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2019, 12:01:22 AM »
Update 05/03/19

Tank Crew project finally includes visible crew for two already released tanks. Since we'll be releasing four new tanks and Prokhorovka map really soon, this project is also maturing at a good pace.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2019, 01:25:20 PM »
two new toys: M4A2 and PzKpfw.III Ausf.M

Third, Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka customers get two new toys: M4A2 and PzKpfw.III Ausf.M. Both tanks were interesting machines and they are recreated painstakingly and with passion. It should be noted that M4A2 could stand its own even against the heavier German adversaries thanks to its maneuverability, good turret traverse speed and sufficient armor penetration ability of its solid AP round. The medium tank PzKpfw.III Ausf.M also had a good chance against medium Soviet tanks - APCR rounds could penetrate their armor while its frontal protection was relatively good thanks to the spaced 50 and 20 mm armor plates. It also had a low visible profile, good maneuverability and high rate of fire.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2019, 12:57:11 PM »
Update 08/04/19

In the tank project, we are working on the functions of the tank commander, which will allow you to control both your crew and subordinate units. Also in the next update, we plan to significantly expand the model of damage to the systems and parts of the tank.

Today we also will dedicate a couple of screenshots to the almost completed crew of the M4A2 tank. Since the tank has an extremely wide range of possible positions for firing and driving by various crew members - this work was not easy, but the result is interesting too:

And another screenshot shows a new particle-based effects technology inside the cockpits in the first-person view. In the first stage, we will introduce this system for tanks (the effect of a fire starting from spilled fuel, the effect of extinguishing this fire, smoke when the engine is damaged, powder gasses when firing from a cannon and a machine gun). In the medium term, we also plan to use this technology for airplanes:

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: