Translations for our friends around the world.

Click on banner for Theater of Operations website

Save

Author Topic: November Update  (Read 5083 times)

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
November Update
« on: November 28, 2017, 09:13:03 PM »
I apologize for my recent absence, but events have conspired to prevent me from being as active as I have wanted to be here on the forum. I have talked a lot about game concepts, etc, but I have not talked development in quite awhile. I wanted to let you all know that we are close to finishing our boardgame project. When I get the green light from the publisher I will give lots of details, but the important news is that we are close to releasing our first official software!  ;D What I can tell you is that the boardgame is 1980's cold war-gone-hot that will have 2-player and solitaire play modes.

Perhaps just as exciting is that once the boardgame project is done, our current plan is to jump straight in to development of Theater of Operations! While this may not seen like a surprise, I can tell you that this has not always been the plan. Coordinating funding and dedicated project manpower prevented this from being a certainty until recently. So there is a *chance* we may have some software to demo for you in summer of 2018!  8) No promises, but it seems possible at the moment...
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline A Canadian Cat

Re: November Update
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 02:52:22 PM »
Cool
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 07:14:23 PM »
Ha, thanks! I wish I could provide more information, but good information to broadcast has been somewhat difficult to get. I wish I could talk more about our current project, but I am not at liberty to say anything yet. But there is progress behind the curtain!   ;)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 07:24:47 PM »
Oh, I have some other items I should add. When I say "development on TO", I mean actual software development. As for the game design, mechanics, research, and algorithms they get worked on almost every single day in some fashion. Whether I am analyzing after action reports, developing tables of organization, or whatever... I am plugging away.

What have I been working on lately? I am so glad you asked! ;) I have been working on a major revision to the combat system. It's nothing you would see or probably notice from what I have shown so far, but there were some algorithms I needed to adjust to be represent a multitude of combat situations. It specifically had to do with where the defender was placed on the battlefield in relation to the attacker and how it impacted the combat.

Also, I am getting ready to get another round of the scenario posted soon.

OK, back to work for me!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

July 1st Update

Started by choppinlt

Replies: 1
    Views: 2021