Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Wednesday 01/11/17 + AAR  (Read 8957 times)

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
Re: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Wednesday 01/11/17
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 07:10:17 PM »
Welcome general Skoop :Soldier_salute
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Berthier

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 08:51:20 PM »
Present  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2017, 08:52:06 PM »
General Berthier is ready for battle  :cool_2
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 03:27:04 PM »
What a great battle

French:
Colbert
Praetoria
Mitra
Berthier

British:
Taff
Biondo
Asid
Skoop

It looked like defeat for the British early on due to a great attack from the French but the British held on and turned it around. Well played the British  :cheers

Special mention for General Skoop. This was his first HITS game as well as mp. He was instrumental in our victory  :Soldier_salute
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Taff43

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 05:09:27 PM »
Great game Sorry I had shoot off before wash up
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 05:51:31 PM »
Presentat arm!!!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline Skoop

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2017, 07:53:40 PM »
Great time playing last nite Guys, here's a pic of the carnage.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2017, 07:14:16 PM »
THE SITUATION

I was the CinC, Taff command the Guards division, Asid a corps where he controlled an infantry and a cavalry division; the second infantry division of Asid's corps was under Skoop command. I also command a second cavalry division and heavy artillery battery.

We started from SW. French from north, but due to HITS we don't know this. Objective was Troisieme Carrefour, in the east

THE PLAN

The plan was to send Asid's corps between the two woods of Bois Une and Bois a Trois as a pinning force while me and Taff move from north to take the objective.

THE BATTLE 1 part

As Asid and Skoop approached Bois Une they found the enemy deploying in face of them. I galloped towards them to see with my eyes and it seemed that a french division was moving south. My first order was to keep marching east with cavalry on the right flank to cut off that division from its LOC but immediatly the light cavalry division showed up followed by a second infantry division near Bois a Trois.

I detached my heavy batteries to support Asid while Skoop engaged from south. Taff and my cavalry were still moving north following our plan.

The french push very hard in the center well supported by light cavalry. The battle here quickly turned bad for us. And as another bad news we saw the Old Guard moving between the two french divisions already engaged.

To me was enough. I ordered to fallback to Asid close to the new heavy battery position, some yards back. My hope was that the objective was free now that also the french guards were moving forward but the fear was that we couldn't disengage properly to avoid to be destroyed in the center-south.

I left the position in the middle and galloped north to join Taff and drive our men to the east. In the meantime Asid and Skoop reported very high pressure on them.

What to do? Ignore their request of help and move to take the objective or turn back and came in their rescue?

THE BATTLE 2 part

I was thinking that if the French completeley broke Asid and Skoop, they could turn on me and Taff and quickly destroy us. So my decision was to hit the french in the northern flank with our best troops trying to relieve pressure from Asid and Skoop.

Was not so easy because while we try to turn around the Bois a Trois from east the french started to move forward. So we had to stop and change our direction because otherwise we simply followed the french advancing without having a possibilty to hit them.

I moved fist my cavalry, Somerset division. The attack on a brigade held in reserve didn't surprise the french which calmly stopped and formed squares. Taff moved against this brigade and engaged them. He also had to form squares because some french squadrons came in help of the infantry.

The second wave of my cavalry attack took from the rear all the divisional battery of the northern french division. For some moments I joined Asid in the middle, I asked him if he could push to his left to close the gap between Taff and himself but he couldn't because he had suffered a lot from first french assault.

Attacked by their cavalry, I had to fall back near Taff.

Apart the artillery and a couple of french battalions I had not so much luck with my attack but this was enough for the french to move back their guards and dragoons from Skoop and Asid position to reinforce their northern flank.

Near the end of the battle they tried to attack Taff' battalions formed in squares but he resisted and repulsed every attack they made.

END OF BATTLE

As Asid said, we held and turn the battle in our favour near the end, at least looking at the points. Asid and Skoop played very well, it's always difficult to disengage from an enemy which is attacking you so strong. Taff was the second reason of our victory. He held against every french attack routing some enemy unit.

Needless to say, we don't know what could happened if the battle lasts another half an hour. They were coming north with Guards and heavy cavalry.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 09:46:03 PM by Biondo »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Wednesday 01/11/17 + AAR
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 04:38:14 PM »
Great AAR Biondo. Thank you  :notworthy

This battle swung back and forth. The enemy tried to flank me in the south but did not account for General Skoop. He stopped them in their tracks. However the enemy pushed in the centre very hard. I sent messages to the CIC (Biondo) but the couriers path was difficult. I could see General Colbert on my left. He was trying to flank me. I had to fall back to a ridge with the heavy battery. I managed to hold there and stop the enemy advance.

General Skoop used the trees very well.

I started a counter. I started to press Colbert on his left. They must have been surprised.

We managed to turn this from a certain defeat to a victory.

The French played very well but they did not take into consideration the resolve of the allies  :Soldier_salute

Great battle guys.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Taff43

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2017, 09:32:07 AM »
Good game Strange because I usually snatch defeat from the jaws of victory lol
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 09:58:39 AM »
Avvisai il mio generale in campo di movimento truppe provenienti da  nord, difatti, dispiegai delle truppe e l'artiglieria verso nord, ma le truppe nemiche erano  soverchianti, richiamai il resto della divisione  dal fronte sud Est per rinforzare il fronte nord ma, fu tutto inutile  :) :howdy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2017, 02:32:57 PM »
Good game Strange because I usually snatch defeat from the jaws of victory lol
:coffeescreen
You did well. You had enemy cavalry around all the time. You played cunningly :winner

Avvisai il mio generale in campo di movimento truppe provenienti da  nord, difatti, dispiegai delle truppe e l'artiglieria verso nord, ma le truppe nemiche erano  soverchianti, richiamai il resto della divisione  dal fronte sud Est per rinforzare il fronte nord ma, fu tutto inutile  :) :howdy
Yes, your artillery, I remember it :drink pint  :laughing4
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2017, 02:52:48 PM »

I saw that move. I then started to push you harder  :poke
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2017, 03:10:13 PM »
Statistics

French
Number egaged: 20500
Killed: 1895
Wounded: 3464
Missing: 1176
Total: 6535
% casualties: 31.9

Allies
Number egaged: 21258
Killed: 1621
Wounded: 2963
Missing: 1006
Total: 5590
% casualties: 26.3

Our losses were slightly less than the enemy. It could have been higher as we were attacking the enemy objective. In the end the enemy lost the objective and the battle

Download Replay file Click here

To play the file. Download and extract it to the C:\Users\Username\Documents\SowWL\Saved Games\Replay folder. Only place the ".rep"

file in the folder.

Single player > Load Replay > Select file > Press "Load replay"

Download Battle stats Click here

To play the file.
Download and extract it anywhere.
Double click: SOW Outcome Calculator.exe
Click " Calculate overall score" at the top of the screen.
Selecting each named person on the left or right will reflect specific results.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

SOW Waterloo MP AAR Seen from Div commander perspective army vs army

Started by ushiri

Replies: 2
    Views: 4555
    Last post December 19, 2016, 09:54:58 PM
    by ushiri
    ***June 16th 1815, 10:30 AM Battle of Ath*** Wednesday 26/01/2022 at 21:00 GMT

Started by Biondo

Replies: 2
    Views: 1238
    Last post January 26, 2022, 05:45:55 PM
    by Colbert
    SOW Waterloo play today 28/11/16 + AAR

Started by Asid

Replies: 17
    Views: 10494
    Last post November 29, 2016, 12:41:09 PM
    by Mr. Digby
    Subscriptions for the beta version of DOW Scourge of War Multiplayer Campaign

Started by mitra76

Replies: 10
    Views: 9475
    Last post November 11, 2019, 06:12:18 PM
    by Morhys
    SOW Multiplayer With D.O.W.

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 12495
    Last post November 16, 2016, 06:04:19 PM
    by Asid