Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Friday 27/10/17  (Read 7683 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Friday 27/10/17
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 07:04:41 PM »
My men are ready

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Sargon

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 07:36:31 PM »
I'm in.  :)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 07:43:51 PM »
I'm in.  :)

General Sargon. Your men are ready  :Soldier_salute
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2017, 03:18:04 PM »
Good game yesterday.

Me and Colbert against Asid and Sargon, Ligny map.

Objective was Fleurus town, southwest part of the map.

I had a French corps made by two infantry divisions, a light cavalry division and a heavy battery.

Colbert had a corps made by a guard infantry division and a guard cavalry division.

We started north of the map.

Thinking about the plan I had to consider the terrain feature around the objective. Fleurus is in the middle of a sort of triangle with two sides being rivers with the northern vertex at st.Amand, one mile away in the north. From east there are four/five bridges which allow to cross the river and take the objective, a windmill east of the town.

My plan was to move my corps south towards Ligny and then deploy a first brigade, supported by cavalry division and a horse battery to take the bridge northeast, the second brigade to probe to the bridge east supported by divisional and heavy batteries. The second division had to move south and cross the last bridge to outflank the enemy which was supposed to guarding the eastern approaches.

The orders for Colbert were to move to Brye then st Amand and attack from north after I had engaged from east trying to push more on his left to join with my troops from northeast.

When I was near my regrouping point I saw British guards looking at the eastern bridges but only some squadrons of heavy cavalry guarding the northeast bridge. I started bombardment against that perfect sight and I heard Colbert doing the same from north.

The battle began!

After some casualties the squadrons in the northeast were forced to fallback and redeploy near their heavy batteries on the hill of the windmill.

I saw also British guards moving a bit to the south, probably they spotted my second division but my attention was all on the objective.

I galloped to Colbert to talk about the imminent attack then I came back and gave orders to the brigade commander to cross the bridge, followed by a cavalry brigade. Once my infantry was on the left side of the river they came under heavy battery fire and suffered casualties but it was mandatory because this saved my cavalry to be pounded.

Cavalry moved to the right flank of my brigade gaining the front and deploying in line. I ordered them to advance. In front of them stayed the squadrons fell back before and on the far left a guards battalion was forming in square. Behind them, their artillery.

My attack was partially broken to the left by fire from the square and part of the artillery but I made contact in the centre right with enemy cavalry repulsing them and capturing some guns.

From the rear came a second cavalry brigade which countercharge my men down the hill stopped only by my infantry quickly formed in squares.

I had to reorganize the attack.

My second light cavalry brigade crossed the bridge and again my first brigade move forward. On their left, the second brigade cross the second bridge and engage guards battalion slightly south of the windmill.

This time the attack went better. My cavalry broke in the middle of the cavalry which had just countercharged and dispersed them, followed by the infantry which took the objective supported by the advance of the horse battery first and foot battery then.

South my second brigade and the other division under AI control were attacking British guards position which was very strong and very well supported by their artillery. This position fell only close to the end of the battle. Hats off to Sargon.

After capturing the objective I turned my brigade to north to probe Asid reserves but I couldn't push too much because my infantry was already tired.

I saw very little of the fight between Colbert and Asid but they reported was kind of epic!

Colbert's guard resisted to many Asid attack, charges, countercharges, flanking manoeuvres.

Hope you guys have time to describe the battle from your point of view. :duel

« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 07:23:49 PM by Admin »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2017, 03:54:11 PM »
Lascio al generale Asid l'onore di descrivere la battaglia, sono ancora stanco per gli assalti ricevuti  :D
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2017, 06:30:33 PM »
I will try and do an AAR in the next day or 2. This was an immense battle. I faced General Colbert. He used great tactics and cunning. The battle swung back and forth.

This is waht makes this game one of the greatest  :notworthy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Multiplayer Battle Wednesday 28.03.2018

Started by General Sandman

Replies: 5
    Views: 3495
    Last post March 28, 2018, 08:55:36 PM
    by Colbert
    SOW Waterloo MP AAR Seen from Div commander perspective army vs army

Started by ushiri

Replies: 2
    Views: 4548
    Last post December 19, 2016, 09:54:58 PM
    by ushiri
    SOW Waterloo play today 28/11/16 + AAR

Started by Asid

Replies: 17
    Views: 10490
    Last post November 29, 2016, 12:41:09 PM
    by Mr. Digby
    Subscriptions for the beta version of DOW Scourge of War Multiplayer Campaign

Started by mitra76

Replies: 10
    Views: 9473
    Last post November 11, 2019, 06:12:18 PM
    by Morhys
    SOW Multiplayer With D.O.W.

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 12492
    Last post November 16, 2016, 06:04:19 PM
    by Asid