Translations for our friends around the world.

Click on banner for Tacview website

Author Topic: 3D objets for civil aviation in X-plane  (Read 5239 times)

Offline GADGET

3D objets for civil aviation in X-plane
« on: October 19, 2017, 11:46:28 AM »
Hi all

Yesterday I was trying to include several free download 3D objects in Tacview without success, to represent civil and GA aircraft in the recordings.
I have seen in the Tacview website that it is represented a DA20 Katana, that I can not find inside the program.

I miss some generic 3Ds for civil simulations, as well as some popular, such as C150, C172, Piper Cherokee, Piper CUb, etc... Also A320, B737, MD80, etc...

Including a even more generic "dart" or "pointer" when a non registered aircraft is tracked is always better than a F-16 3D.
I was trying to publish a document for the factory of my aircraft (Blackshape Prime) with several flight profiles, but I am unable to present it with an F-16 3D figure. I would love to have the 3D for my aircraft, or at least a generic that would be useful for those purposes.

Thank you all

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Vyrtuoz

• Tacview Developer
    • Tacview The Universal Flight Analysis Tool
Re: 3D objets for civil aviation in X-plane
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 04:28:43 PM »
Hi Gadget,

Tacview needs two things to properly display the 3d model of your choice: A valid Wavefront obj file. And a proper object name (in the telemetry file) or in the database.

The obj filename must be all in lowercase. It is possible to rename an object from the tools menu of Tacview -> Edit Selected Object. And set it to the appropriate name which should either match a valid entry in the database or the obj file name without extension.

I know it sounds complicated. All of this will be much simpler soon, because I am currently implanting a new public database where you will be able to teach Tacview how to display the 3D objects, the way you want.

Meanwhile, if you can share some of your telemetry data as well as you 3d model(s), I will be glad to assist you, to setup everything properly. I can also integrate it in Tacview 1.7 to make your work easier in the future.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Click.gif

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: 3D objets for civil aviation in X-plane
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 04:48:12 PM »
 :Welcome to the forum   Gadget

I asked for this option as well a short while ago. I have seen some of the work the dev has done for this and it is just what we need  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags:

FSX et objets 3D

Started by Pascal

Replies: 10
    Views: 8948