Forum > Games Discussion

Combat Mission Shock Force 2

<< < (2/6) > >>

Stardog765:
Let me qualify my last statement a bit so no one will think I am just picking a side in the comparison of two of the same kinda games.

The reason I feel the Graviteam games come nowhere close to Combat Mission is tactical realism from a commanders perspective.  I think they are great games but at their heart they are RTS wargames.
Now if they would offer the WeGo system of command then I might give them more of a serious look as they are beautiful games no doubt but for me WeGo and the option of PBEM is what makes Combat Mission of of the all time great tactical wargames.

Yes you can play Combat Mission as an RTS but you can also put ice in your wine but that doesnt mean its morally correct to do so.

Asid:

--- Quote from: Stardog765 on October 20, 2017, 04:48:58 PM ---Because we expect them to give away or charge $10 for going to all of the trouble of updating  one  of their oldest games to the new 4.0 standard.  I see!

--- End quote ---

Nope

Remember when Paradox stopped selling CMSF? Then Battlefront wanted people to pay so that the bug fix patches, which they gave for free, would work on the Paradox version? That is what gets me.

I have no issue with a company charging for their work. However the Paradox patch thing was, FOR ME, Greed.

As for preference for developer and system? It is just that. A preference.

Stardog765:
Ya I remember. It was a $5 patch to convert the Paradox version to the standard Battlefront version when Paradox stopped supporting the game they sold.

As I recall there was also a difference in price between the Paradox supported version and the digital download Battlefront version.

I get what you are saying though.

budd:
I don't really have a dog in the hunt as i don't own CMSF. It does sound like it will be more than $10 and wonder how those that already own CMSF will feel about it, i'm sure we'll get to read about it :). I'm not sure how i feel about this upgrade issue and your talking to someone who bought some Command Ops modules three times and i know i will be buying the Campaign Series remakes.The third time i bought modules for CO i did start to question my judgement on the matter but i wanted to support Panther and i imagine the same thing for CM supporters. It's so subjective i'm not sure it matters anyway. Developers can price how they want and buyers can buy or not

Asid:

--- Quote from: budd on October 20, 2017, 08:38:20 PM ---but i wanted to support Panther and i imagine the same thing for CM supporters. It's so subjective i'm not sure it matters anyway. Developers can price how they want and buyers can buy or not

--- End quote ---

Exactly  :thumbsup

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version