Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Do not watch this video!  (Read 7500 times)

Offline jhay

Do not watch this video!
« on: October 13, 2017, 02:38:17 AM »
I saw this and now I have a case of the "I wants" really bad.  I contemplating getting back to RC Soaring after 18 years of raising granddaughter.  If I came home with this after just buying War in the West,... I would be living in my car,..(but wifey would prolly have that too,)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Do not watch this video!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 02:51:16 AM »
 :Hammer

RC aircraft are the next best thing to real aircraft.....I have been doing RC helicopters for many years. Unbeatable feeling....I also have a plane.

Hey Jhay, just say it is for exercise...You will be chasing it all over  :happyhappy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline jhay

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 03:36:14 AM »
Whew!!!  I think I have found an antidote for this compulsion to sink sink tons of money back into RC.  I have been watching all the RC Crash video compilations on YouTube!  I have seen myself in them many times...And remember what it was like to spend 3 months building an aircraft and coming home with a pile of sticks.....
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jhay

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 04:41:40 AM »
Ok,  I've done it.  Bought a Spektrum 8 channel radio today,...gonna have to buy all the accessories associated with 21st century technology (all my stuff was ancient).  I'm blaming all of you because you did not talk me out of it,...  Indeed, some (Asid) encouraged me!  My ultimate goal will be to get a Multiplex Heron electric glider.  But I gotta polish up my skills before I throw that amount of money up to the limits of sight.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 02:08:53 PM »
Hi Jhay

Which Spektrum you buy? DX8? There are other options. I have a DX9. Spektrum are expensive but pretty solid. Their receivers have increased in price recently. Look for alternatives from other manufacturers. Orange is a good one. Ask advice though as you want the best link between you and the model.

Make sure the Transmitter (TX) has enough channels for now and the future.

I remember assembling and flying my first plane. It was a Bixler. Not to long ago. It was a great experience. My preference is for helicopters though  :flyaway

It is a great experience and feeling when you fly rc. It is the next best thing to flying a real plane/helicopter. I still remember...And I started RC helicopters many moons ago  :oldman rocks

Keep us informed  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jhay

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 03:39:31 AM »
Hey Asid!!!  Yes, I got the Spektrum 8, with the LiPo battery with the 8 channel receiver included.  And to get back up to speed, I bought the Horizon Hobbies UMX Timber Park Flyer.  I rejoined my old club and several of the members helped me immensely with programming the profile for the aircraft.  I really didn't know what I didn't know!   Wow, so much has changed in the hobby over the fifteen years I have been away.  So far I have had one day at the field with it and it is still undamaged.  Looking forward for more, it really was a lot of fun.
While working on the programming at the field, we heard a loud 'POP' from the helicopter area.  Looked over and up to see a shower of parts cascading down.  They were over there doing outrageous aerobatics, and apparently the copter threw a blade, then instantly totally disintegrated.  There was nothing left that even suggested that it was a helicopter!  Two or three guys spent about thirty minutes in the tall grass picking up parts.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Oleg

• =RA= team
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 09:35:13 AM »
My electric glider for fun.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 04:26:35 PM »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 04:33:38 PM »
Hi Jhay

Joining a club is the best thing you could do  :thumbsup

I once witnessed a helicopter loosing a blade in mid air. There was nothing left. The model was destroyed before it hit the ground.

Helicopters are particularly susceptible to vibration. The slightest imbalance in a rotating part can cause a lot of vibration, leading to damage. Even a few grams difference in blade weight is a problem. When a blade leaves the helicopter it creates a massive imbalance. The helicopter explodes in mid air. The helicopter is a total loss. It is also a hazard for the pilot and any onlookers.

I once lost a blade due to a faulty part. I was lucky as the model was just spooling up and had not left the ground. There was no damage but the blade which left narrowly missed my legs. I never did find it  ???

Pre and post flight checks should always be done. They can catch many issues or possible issues BEFORE it is to late.

Keep us posted Jhay with your progression.  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jhay

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 03:33:39 AM »
Hehe,...  Well, I have rejoined my old club, and have got three Multiplex  foam aircraft and a small Park Flyer.  An Easy Glider 4. Heron Sailplane. and their Pilatus PC-6 model. The Park Flyer is a UMX Timber.  I love flying the sailplanes!  Nothing like having the sailplane low in the landing pattern, noticing it really isn't coming down, then ten minutes later having to dive out of the sky to keep it in sight. 
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 05:53:38 PM »
Hehe,...  Well, I have rejoined my old club, and have got three Multiplex  foam aircraft and a small Park Flyer.  An Easy Glider 4. Heron Sailplane. and their Pilatus PC-6 model. The Park Flyer is a UMX Timber.  I love flying the sailplanes!  Nothing like having the sailplane low in the landing pattern, noticing it really isn't coming down, then ten minutes later having to dive out of the sky to keep it in sight.

:needpics

Jhay great stuff. I knew a friendly nudge would get you back in...Don't tell the ministry of finance and war though (A.K.A. the wife)  :scared1

Flying RC is awesome. The feeling of freedom has to be experienced. I have 7 helicopters and a plane. the weather is my biggest enemy....Wait so is the ground  :sifone

Post some pics of your models.

I am glad you are enjoying it my friend.  :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

RC Videos

Started by Asid

Replies: 97
    Views: 53127