Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Mashinky  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Greybriar

Mashinky
« on: October 06, 2017, 03:38:13 PM »
I just received an email advising me: "Mashinky is now available in Early Access on Steam"

Mashinky's Steam Store page states: "Mashinky is a transport strategy game about trains. The goal is to create your own transport empire on a procedurally generated map. It’s a unique blend of realistic graphics combined with an isometric construction mode and board game-like rules."

I rarely spring for an Early Access title, especially one selling for full price, but I need something to scratch my itch for a railroad game--at least until Railway Empire is released next year.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not: The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." --Calvin Coolidge

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Mashinky
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 04:16:37 PM »
Thanks Greybriar  :thumbsup

I have had my eye on this for a while. If you do get it then please let us know what you think.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Greybriar

Re: Mashinky
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 04:34:30 PM »
You're welcome, Asid.

The game crashed 6 minutes into the Tutorial. :(

The building interface of the game is not very user friendly and will take some time to learn. So don't buy the game expecting to lay track and build stations like I did in the Railroad Tycoon or Transport Tycoon games; it is more complicated than that in Mashinky.

Once the railway network is built, the view can be switched. It is in that mode that it is possible to view the nice graphics associated with the game.

In a nutshell, there is a game there if one has enough perseverance.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not: The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." --Calvin Coolidge

Tags: