Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Niffelheim  (Read 13437 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Niffelheim
« on: September 05, 2017, 05:49:24 PM »

Niffelheim is a 2D action exploration game in a Nordic fantasy setting, with a huge hand-drawn world. Battle monsters, build castles, explore dungeons and conquer enemy lands. Triumph against the ancient forces that rule over this harsh world.

Official Site: Here
Official forum: Here
YouTube Channel:Here
Steam: Here

Single-player/Multi-player/Co-op/Cross-Platform Multiplayer

Intro Trailer 2016

Teaser Trailer 2015

About This Game
The game narrates a story of a fallen brave warrior, whose burning ship is stolen by the demons of death in Niffelheim. Demons resurrect the hero to help them realize their sinister plans.

The main goal of evil spirits is to force the protagonist to explore the huge underground caverns swarming with primeval monsters and discover an ancient artifact that threats their very existence. Players will face a choice: either surrender to the demons and grant them the artifact, or revolt against the demons of death.

Facing the demons alone will be quite a challenge; therefore players will have the opportunity to unite forces with others. They will have to forget petty territorial animosities to fight against demons enslaving these lands. Team play will help to conquest this world easier and faster, allowing the bravest player to crown himself the konung of these lands and stand up for his superiority over vassal neighbors.

Players will have to work and fight a lot in this hostile world, as well as hunt and trade, build, destroy and complete many narrative and secondary quests. There will be a lot of battles, where players will have to fight off swarms of evil inhabitants of the world of Niffelheim.

Each in-game action will award players with professional experience. Moreover, the game features “demon seals” which will have to be destroyed in order to unlock unique hero abilities. The introduced system differs from the skill tree in the fact that players cannot predict which skill will be available next. The order of unlocking skills is hidden within the game code to encourage players to replay the game over and over again. Moreover, this approach as part of team play is sure to diversify the balance of skills and powers.

Players will be required to develop underground workshops. These shops will allow heroes to easily craft weapons, armor, various items, potions and even food. This will help players use the gathered resources and convert them into money required for trading purposes.

Another interesting feature in Niffelheim are the altars with the power to turn artifacts into allied spirits protecting the hero from various dangers in the game. The main altar is located in the city temple, where demon priests are waiting for the artifact which has the power to doom the hero or make him the lord of Niffelheim.

Our goal is to create a visually stunning and interesting world and give the game a unique feel to encourage players to return again and again to explore the game universe. The world of Niffelheim includes 4 large areas to choose from. The central city includes a shop to trade goods as well as the temple with demon priests and the battle arena. Arena is the place where players can raise some quick money entering fights against AI opponents or invite friends to fight. In future we may add more playable locations and send our hero off to discover new lands inhabited by spirits and mythic creatures from other parts of the world.

Key Features:

•   Discover the world ruled by ancient spirits.
•   Beautiful high-detailed graphics painted by hand.
•   Cold and hostile feel of the world of ancient burials and gravesites.
•   Uniquely implemented random generation of the underworld.
•   Endless caverns and dungeons with more evil than gold inside.
•   Creatures and monsters of all kinds inhabiting the savage lands.
•   Diverse quests. Warfare and alliances within the struggle for supremacy.
•   Cooperative Multiplayer. Play alongside AI or your friends or against them.
•   Battle for your domain. Harvest resources. Build your castle and farms.
•   Travel and hunt. Progress in real time.
•   Upgrade your character’s abilities. Forge unique weapons and tools.
•   Find a way to break free from the demons of death grasp.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Niffelheim
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 06:23:17 PM »
Update 0.9.018 (Dungeons)

Hi everyone,
please welcome a new update with some game play features.

First of all, a few words about the new features:

1. We're introducing ore types that you will be digging for under the ground. There are 6 types overall (coal, iron, copper, silver, titanium and gold) with different visual appearance and durability. The loot corresponds to ore type. So the gold mine will be the rarest and hardest. Building stones, salt and clay will drop out of a common rock.

2. The character will lose health near mob respawn points. So try not to spend too much time near the acid fog. These are the only places under the ground where the hero will lose health.

3. Right next to the underground entrance you'll find a chest. It's required to add a tutorial later on and you can store your first findings in it right away :)

Bug fixes:
1. Fixed the bug with underground walls.
2. Fixed the bug with saving health level.

Currently, we are working on the game's flora. Soon we are going to add drought and the Witch's ultimatum. Right after that, we are going start changing effects system for characters to improve the balance with equipment and weapons. At the same time, we are designing new UI schemes based on your feedback as well and working on animations for new locations.

Congratulations to everyone with the start of the school year. :)

Have fun in school!
Ellada Games Team
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 12:29:21 AM »
Update 0.9.019 [Drought] & 40% OFF
27 SEPTEMBER - ANDREW

Hi, everyone,

It’s fall now in our world, leaves are changing colors and it’s rather cold outside (our team is from the North :) ). That’s why we’ve decided to release new Update 0.9.019 and announce the fall discount. Highly recommended for everyone doesn’t have to go to school early in the morning :)

And now it’s time for some Niffelheim news :)

Although Niffelheim is a cold and misty world, the witch can make it even nastier and unleash a ‘Drought’ upon your land. We’ve been conventionally calling this event a drought so far, but actually, this is a pretty strong curse causing all rabbits to disappear and resulting in flora ceasing to spawn, trees drying out, and the bushes having no berries. And only rare mushrooms that you’ll never find anywhere else in Niffelheim begin to appear in your world. In the future, we’ll add beautiful visual effects to this event :)

Now let us delve into some details.

What’s new:
•   You should consider accepting witch’s ultimatums, otherwise, she casts a ‘Drought’.
•   Daytime mobs don’t spawn in drought.
•   Plants cease to spawn, but rare mushrooms appear.
•   Mushrooms grow at nighttime; some plants grow only during the daytime. For example, bees (we are testing such conditions so far).
•   There are small stones instead of large ones now. Players don’t need a pickaxe to collect them.
In the future, we plan to add a possibility of cursing other lands with the help of the witch or even order a skeleton unit to attack your enemy’s castle. But it’s only in plans so far :)

Balance improvements:
•   Pickaxe and axe can be crafted from stones and twigs. They can be collected in the upper world, no tools needed. Stones and twigs can be also used for building the first-level carpentry workshop. So, it’s impossible to stay in the game with nothing in your pockets.
•   Dragon deals more damage and is a lot easier to be activated.
•   Bot’s chests are constantly replenished, so they can be robbed forever. But they also constantly develop.
•   Twigs can be collected from bushes.
•   We increased the iron ore deposits.
•   Throne restores health faster.
•   Now throne placed next to the kitchen in the upper world also restores health.
•   Skeleton waves attacking the castle will appear only if the witch gives you an ultimatum and you fail to meet its conditions. Waves will march to the castle only from one randomly picked side.

During this time, we managed to update the game to the new Unity 5.6, so in future, we’ll be able to add beautiful effects. Also, we redesigned several scenes to support screens with 21:9 aspect ratio and will release this update 0.9.020 separately in a week or so.

Now our team is working on the buff system and the new item balance. We’re also working on the crow and will add it to the game very soon. Fixing multiplayer bugs with mobs appearing and disappearing. And creating new interfaces that you’ll certainly like, but it’s a lot of work to do :)

We are always looking forward to your feedback and bug reports!
Sincerely yours,
Ellada Games Team
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 02:20:06 PM »
0.9.019 FixNew [21:9 support]
Niffelheim - Andrew

Hi there,

meet new patch with some bug fixing, improves and 21:9 support.

1. so, we change few scenes and now 21:9 screen ratio supported.
please test and give us feedback, we have not these type screen and we tested it in Unity.

2. we fixed bug with stone respawn in old saves. have to work. please check.

3. we deleted iron from some receipts. now you can easily craft traps to execute ultimatums, some arrows and some lamps.

thanks for reports
EG
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 04:40:27 PM »
Work on new scene
Niffelheim - Andrew

Hi there,

Working on the new scene in Niffelheim [One-Eyed Wolf Forest]. It is the entrance to Crypt.

How your Saturday is going?

Have a nice day!
EG team
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 08:06:06 PM »
Update 0.9.020 [Raven]
Niffelheim - Andrew

Hi everyone,

please welcome Niffelheim ver. 0.9.020 introducing a new important NPC – the Raven!

Who is the Raven?

1. Raven appears as soon as you enter the world of Niffelheim and starts issuing quests.
2. Raven also tells stories about the world of Niffelheim. The stories are accessible through your Journal at any time.
3. After completing the last quest of the Raven you’ll get a Fragment of the portal to Asgard. Therefore you must complete this story arc by all means.
4. Raven issues quests for the entire team. Every player who currently online gets the reward for completion!
5. Raven comes flying to you only during daytime. But he won’t appear if there is nothing to tell you!

Sounds and balance for the new characters are still in development! We will complete this aspect once all new NPCs are in. Sorry for the temporary loose ends, this will surely be fixed!

Tweaks and changes:

1. All quests in the game are now issued for the entire team, as well as the rewards for completion. But only for the players currently online.
2. The “Conqueror” achievement has been fixed.

Please let us know about any bugs you encounter in the game, as some could escape the clutches of out testers. Many thanks to everybody for you reports. Incase you message has been missed, please write us via all communication channels. I’m doing my best to enter all bug reports to our tracking list right away,

The Beggar will be the next NPC to be introduced shortly.
We are still working on global GUI changes, new scenes, characters and balance. Please don’t mind the large updates, many new features are already included, but disabled for the time being or still in testing:)

Are you celebrating Halloween? Don’t go scaring people too much:)
Ellada Games Team

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 02:55:40 PM »
Portal to Asgard Update soon
Niffelheim - Andrew

Ellada Games Team

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 02:56:43 PM »
Asgard [Update 0.9.021]
Niffelheim - Andrew

Hi everyone,

It so happened that I had spend the last three weeks in hospital. And as long as I am the one responsible for testing and update release, we had to postpone the update. As you al know, Ellada Games is a small team and each member has a lot of responsibilities. But when something like that happens in your life it inevitably has an impact on the development process. In fact, this is typical of any small indie team. But no worries please, most issues are solved eventually and we return to work. I am almost healthy again and testing of a new update including the Wolf lands is well under way :)

So after a small delay please welcome Niffelheim ver. 0.9.021.

What’s new?

1. The Portal to Asgard is up and running. If you have the Portal Fragments, just approach the Portal and see everything for yourself.
2. The Beggar started issuing quests and telling her story.
3. The team that gets to Asgard first, wins.
4. From now on the Dragon Forebearer is located in the Crypt. Its activation no longer requires a lot of resources, we’ve lowered the costs. But you still have to kill all the bosses.:)
5. You can keep playing after you finally get to Asgard.

Guys, there are still some weird bugs with 3 achievements related to castle siege and defense, as well as workshop building. But we assure you that they will be taken care of. The thing is, these achievements work in new games, but there are bugs in the old sessions. We’ll get to the bottom of that, we promise.

Also in about a week we are going to release another update adding a new land – the One-Eyed Wolf Forest.

And so, I am back online and hope to see your feedback:)

Ellada Games Team
Wishing you Happy New Year!
Be well!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 07:18:46 PM »
Update 0.9.022 [The One-Eyed Wolf Forest]
Niffelheim - Andrew

Hi everyone,

We’ve finished working on new playable locations. And as promised earlier, the
Forest of the One-Eyed Wolf
is now available in the game. The remaining two locations are complete as well, but will become available at the day of the game launch.

Currently we are working on several core tasks that will be implemented prior to release:

1. GUI and game controls are currently at the active development stage.
2. New characters and new mobs – the art is completed and integrated into the game. What are left now are playable characteristics and sound effects.
3. Global balance in the game and some new items. We have a new system implemented, which is now being tested.

What else we are planning to add or improve prior to the actual release:

1. Various effects and visualization.
2. Game optimization.
3. Earthquakes in the dungeons to restore resources.
4. Description for all items in the game.
5. Tutorial for newcomers.
6. Gamepad control.

What else we’d like to add prior to release:

1. New achievements, as well for the multiplayer mode.
2. Additional in-game statistics.

These would be the key features to implement in near future!
We will keep you posted!

Ellada Games Team
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 02:42:53 AM »
Updates news
24 MARCH   - ANDREW

Hi folks,

I know that many of you are waiting for the next game update, since it’s been two months since the last update. First of all, I’d like you to know that we are working hard on the game. The next update will introduce a lot of changes, these are still in development. Here are a few words on what to expect.

First of all, I'll show you all playable characters coming in the next update! For now we are still polishing them and working on characters balance. As we mentioned before, there will be 4 characters: Viking, Valkyrie, Berserker and Shaman. The playable characters will differ in their specifications.

And as you may have noticed, we are working on a new interface. I hope you’ll like it :)

By the way, we will be attending PAX East in Boston this year, so if you are there, come visit us at the booth 24102 to say hello and play the beta version of our new update :)

More news coming up soon :)
Ellada Games Team
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 07:20:49 PM »
Update news #2
Niffelheim - Andrew

Hi folks,

I’m back with more info on new interfaces and what to expect in the next update.

Quests, ultimatums and stories will be displayed in a special fancy journal that you can access any time in the character window.

We’ve decided to store info on all completed quests.

Tutorial will appear here as well, so you can go back at any point and read some tips from developers:). There will be full-scale navigation via keyboard and mouse, as well as full gamepad support.

I’ll be back a bit later with more info on the tweaks and changes in the character development system.

Ellada Games Team
Writing to you from PAX East 2018:)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2018, 07:21:33 PM »
Update News #3
Niffelheim - Andrew

Hi everyone,

We’ve just returned from PAX East and back to work on a new update.

Today I am going to focus on the changes we’ve made to hero level up process.

Firstly, we’ve reduced the overall Professions number down to 7 by uniting The Carpenter and Blacksmith in a new Craftsman profession.
Secondly, now you don’t have to search through dungeons for sigil stones and activate those to level up. Hero progresses through levels automatically as you amass enough professional profession and gets bonuses on skill levels 3, 6 and 10.

We came up with a solution on hero control during PAX and we’re positive you are going to like it. More news about that coming up on Friday. As for now, our first priority is fixing bugs in the new GUI and wrapping up work on gamepad support and in-game tips.

Also more info on the new Diplomacy and Character screens coming soon.

Wishing you a nice gaming week,
Ellada Games Team
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2018, 07:23:04 PM »
Update News #4
Niffelheim - Andrew

Hi everyone,

I’m back with more news on upcoming changes in Niffelheim update 0.9.023.

Running
During PAX we’ve finally decide to use running instead of walking as the default movement method. Therefore stamina as a hero stat is no longer needed. But now you can run around as much as you like and forget about stamina.

As you can see in the video, stamina is no longer depleted and, naturally, soon there will be no traces of it at all :)

Mini buildings
As you can see in the picture, we’ve changed the UI of our growing farms. Now you will see what you are building from the very start and also all recipes will be available right away. You will see what is needed to produce a certain item.

Traps
From now on we are using only 4 types of traps. They all have different durability and chance to capture an animal. We won’t use a separate trap for sheep anymore. You will be able to capture the following animals: Hedgehog, Rat, Rooster, Hen, Rabbit, Piglet and Sheep.

In 7 days it will be 2 years since our release in Early Access and this has got to stop :) Thank you for being with us all this time, for your patience, advice and bugs - send us more :)

And next week I’ll be back to tell you about castles and their interfaces!
Your (not the fastest in the world) devs from Ellada Games :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2018, 07:24:56 PM »
2 Years Old and 40% Off
Niffelheim - Andrew

Hi everyone,

This week it is 2 years since our game Niffelheim was released in Steam Early Access, and we still continuing its development. Very soon we will release an update with new characters and new GUI. Then we can easily anticipate and set the release date. And for the time being to celebrate our 2 year anniversary on Steam we offer everybody 40% off until the end of this week!

There are over 35 000 players in our group on Steam – a big shout out to everybody! :)

Let there be less bugs in games,
Ellada Games Team
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2018, 07:25:32 PM »
Update News #5
Niffelheim - Andrew

Hi everyone,
I hope you all are having a great weekend. Today I am here with a few words about the latest changes to the store:

1. As you can see, now everything is displayed on a single screen, with your backpack on the left and the store on the right side of the screen.
2. The store initially displays random items - a little bit of everything.
3. The store, as well as store slots are refreshed every 5 days. You cannot sell anything until there is a free slot.
4. You have only the following options in the store:
- Purchase 1 item
- Purchase largest possible amount (use all the money available)
- Sell 1 item
- Sell a full stack

5. Dynamic tips are now displayed in the store window. The tip will not show up if you don’t have enough money for purchase. So the tips indicate actions that are actually available for the item or stack of items.

That is all for now. I will be back shortly with more details on inventory and the character window.

Have some nice trading,
Ellada Games Team.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: