Translations for our friends around the world.

New URL: www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Click image to go to main site  www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Author Topic: WWII-Europe v1.09 Status  (Read 7357 times)

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt Games Developer
    • Schwerpunkt
WWII-Europe v1.09 Status
« on: August 29, 2017, 03:37:51 AM »
WWII-Europe v1.09 Status

Hello,

Decided to start this thread as we make the run towards the next version release.  I have been working on the game since Friday, since I am cutoff due to road closures due to Hurricane Harvey.  The house is dry and the power is still on.  Many of my friends and day-job coworkers were not so lucky.  It has to stop raining sometime in SE Texas. Current status is:

1. Autoscroll has been improved.  It now works on all edges. For scrolling left or right, just move the mouse cursor to the narrow band (3 pixels wide) from the edge.  For scrolling up or down, there is a narrow band where autoscroll is active.  Just move the cursor until you find it. Note the Autoscroll is off while the cursor is in the Command Panel. 

2. Air Ground Support operation has been modified so that it works for both attack and defense.  Just move the air unit into the same hex as friendly ground units during the Turn Deployment phase.  If that hex is attacked in the enemy Combat Phase, then the air unit performing this op will be included as a defender.  Note that Air Ground Support for attacking units work the same way as it has in previous version.  i.e. The friendly air unit performing this op in an enemy unit ZOC can be selected a an attacker.

3. Design Note icon has been added to the main Command Panel.  Clicking on it will display the Design Notes for the current scenario.  Works similar to Game Status.  I am converting the information in a form that can be displayed rapidly.

4. New scenarios for this version are 39, 40, 41, 77, and 79.  There may be a few more by October when the release is planned.

That is it for now.
Happy wargaming!
Ron
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:04:04 AM by Admin »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: WWII-Europe v1.09 Status
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 04:00:25 AM »
Great news Ron. I look forward to the update.

Glad you are safe and well  :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Ronster

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 05:32:17 AM »
Good news about the defensive air support.

Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mere Nick

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 09:42:13 PM »
[

4. New scenarios for this version are 39, 40, 41, 77, and 79.  There may be a few more by October when the release is planned.

Ok, cool.  I joined the forum to find out about the scenarios that aren't yet ready.  It's great to see you are on it.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mere Nick

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 09:47:05 PM »
Are 36 and 38 available?  I just get a blank map.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Kemmo

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 02:43:31 AM »
You can download 36 and 38 from dropbox.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 05:00:35 AM »
Also note that the 2 scenarios will be part of v1.09, along with about 8 more scenarios.  I have been busy building as well as coding.

I should have v1.09 out before Thanksgiving.  Could be earlier, just a matter of when the best time to go "pencils down" is.

Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Schwerpunkt Valencia

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 12:45:55 AM »
Hi Ron,

After checking some scenarios I have come across with some bugs I will list here below. Also included some remarks that might be interesting for those specific scenarios:

Scenario (no. 35) Overlord
-   No German artillery units are present although they exist in later scenarios.
-   Some Germany infantry units have too many losses. Historically 243 Inf. Div. was only slightly understrenght with 11.500 men, 353 Inf. Div. had 14.000 men thus being equal to 352 Inf. Div. 3rd Parachute division was at strenght with 17.400 men. 6th Parachute regiment that had been split from 5th Parachute division is not present on the board. Source for these figures is Niklas Zetterling, “Normandy 1944”
-   However 17 Pz Gr. SS shuld have some losses as it was not complete at the time.

Scenario (no. 36) St. Lo Breakout.
-   All the German fighter air units have factors too low (FW190 rated at 8-7-2 without losses) and are not consistent with scenario 35. They should have losses so can be rebuilt or merged.
- There are no German artillery units in the Pas de Calais area, yet there are in Bretagne.
- Not a single German unit is entrenched although there were 4 weeks before in port areas.
- Some of the German units garrisoning ports are not even there.
-   The 370 US unit apparently an air unit belonging to the 9th US airforce but featured as a ground placed in Gloucester (it was a P-38 wing in Overlord scenario)   
- There is not a single turn with bad weather -storm- although 1st July week was very stormy.

Scenario (no. 37) To the Seine.
-   The 370 US unit apparently an air unit belonging to the 9th US airforce but featured as a ground placed in Gloucester (it was a P-38 wing in Overlord scenario)

Scenario (no. 41) Bulge & Nordwind
-   Weather is always good although in first turn air forces should not be able to operate.
-   Although Axis is the player with initiative, playing against the computer results in Allies playing first.
-   There are two US 9th Armoured divisions. They cannot be reformed into a single unit though.
-   Not a single unit is entrenched or dug in.

Scenario (no. 46) Typhoon
- Soviet 13 unit placed near Briansk seems to be an air unit but is featured as a ground unit.

Scenario (no. 65) Uranus
- Whilst playing against computer the 148 Soviet Tank brigade that is attacked by the computer and destroyed on the first turn. It seems that is not properly coded.

Scenario (no. 73) Zitadelle
-   There is a Soviet ground unit numbered 91 belonging to the 3rd Gd Tank army on the Northern part of the map that is not properly featured.

As a general remark there seems to be too few replacements at least compared to AGW or RGW.

Kind regards

Schwerpunkt Valencia

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 01:45:24 AM »
I know I addressed many of your comments as part of v1.09, but must have missed these.  Appreciate your analysis and comments.  Will make sure these get on my list.

Thanks,
Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Schwerpunkt Valencia

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 11:33:54 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply Ron.

Some few additional comments...

a) I did not find any Axis air units (Romanian, Hungarian & Italian) in the East scenarios. Are they absent or modeled into the German air units ? It would give some good historic flavor to display them on the game even if they are not too powerful.

b) Zitadelle scenario has really too many attacks -around 50 for each army-

c) Overlord scenario has two little bugs:
- Two German corps (84th, 74th) that are wrongly linked to 25th Corps. They should be under the 7th Army.
- 2nd Parachute corps is not present on the game

Kind regards

Schwerpunkt Valencia

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt