Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Dangerous Waters - To Kill a Kilo - Part II  (Read 2573 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Dangerous Waters - To Kill a Kilo - Part II
« on: August 25, 2017, 04:10:02 PM »

Wednesday, August 23, 2017
By: JC
Dangerous Waters - To Kill a Kilo - Part II  Part I Here

This is a continuation of my previous post. A battle between my Los Angeles III class submarine against two Iranian Kilo class diesel submarines.

Quick recap: I located one of the Kilo submarines and fired two Mk 48s at him. A loud explosion was heard. But a few minutes later, I was pinged from the same direction of my target. That was enough to make me lose my marbles and two additional ADCAPs just in the direction of the ping

Although I love the ADCAPs, they give away my bearing for every enemy sonar that is paying attention. So, I get out of my firing position with a trail of countermeasures.

And I change course, at flank speed away from the ping. Just in case there is an enemy torpedo coming my way.

Anxiously waiting for my countermeasures to be reloaded, an explosion in the bearing of the ping is heard. That must be a Kilo.

At this point of the scenario, I didn't know if I destroyed one or two of the Iranian Kilos. Contact Sierra04 was 14 minutes old (I lost track of it) and I could not get it back into the sonar.  Caution was still on order. Note torpedo 0017, still in the water, seemingly not tracking anything.

Read on: Click Here
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags:

Choosing a Team Yankee List for your IDF force and paint it Part 2: Infantry and

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2296
    Last post May 01, 2020, 03:02:51 PM
    by Asid
    Elite: Dangerous Role Playing Game (ED RPG)

Started by Asid

Replies: 3
    Views: 3935
    Last post January 20, 2017, 07:24:51 PM
    by Longknife
    Elite Dangerous Discussion

Started by Asid

Replies: 18
    Views: 14451
    Last post June 17, 2016, 06:01:37 PM
    by Asid
    Panzer Doctrine and Land Doctrine are now part of the Matrix/Slitherine Catalog

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 3087
    Last post December 12, 2018, 04:01:04 PM
    by Asid
    Cold Waters

Started by Asid

Replies: 90
    Views: 42658
    Last post April 03, 2020, 04:41:48 PM
    by Skoop