Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: FlyInside  (Read 4592 times)

Offline wilso845

• HAVOC
  • ArmA
FlyInside
« on: August 23, 2017, 09:49:12 PM »
Welcome to Fly inside Simulator

Questions,Answers,andInformation

What sets FlyInside Flight Simulator apart from other sims?

FlyInside Flight Simulator is a novel flight simulator built from the ground up, and engineered to take advantage of today's modern technology. FlyInside's unique flight simulator engine was designed with Vulcan support to make the most of your processor and graphics card.

Rather than being limited by single-core performance, FlyInside can comfortably spread out its work-load on 4-8 cores.

This means higher frame-rates (smoother on the desktop, and more comfortable in VR), better graphics, and longer draw-distances, without requiring a top-of-the-line PC. At the same time, you can really turn settings up on high-end hardware without being bottlenecked by one processor core.

Is FlyInside Flight Simulator 32-bit or 64-bit?

The simulator itself is 64-bit, allowing you to make the most of your RAM. It does include a 32-bit compatibility layer, allowing gauge developers to stick with the technology they are comfortable with.

Will this only be for virtual reality?

No! While FlyInside Flight Simulator will have world-class virtual reality support included, it looks beautiful on a monitor too.

When can I try it?

We'll be running a closed beta starting in late August, and adding more testers throughout September and October. An early-access release is planned for November. We'll be filling in all major features throughout the following six months, and then continuing to provide patches and improvements. If you are interested in beta testing, please fill out the survey.

What functionality will be included at the early access launch?

The early access release will include 10-15 aircraft, user customizable weather, an engaging flight model, complex aircraft systems, and scenery for the entire USA. The early access release will also support a large number of third-party aircraft. We then plan to create free updates which include scenery for Europe, ATC functionality, and a user-friendly flight-planner.

Which aircraft will be included with the simulator?

The simulator will include a variety of high-quality aircraft, including general aviation planes, WWII era aircraft, military aircraft, and jets. The simulator will also ship with an advanced helicopter flight model, refined based upon constant feedback from helicopter pilots.

How much will it cost?

When the simulator launches in early access, it will cost only $25-30. The price will then increase with each major update, reflecting the new functionality included. Anyone who bought the simulator in the past will receive these updates for free.

Will there be a discount for existing FlyInside customers?

Yes, existing FlyInside customers will receive a discount of roughly 20%, available for one month after launch. In addition, all Kickstarter backers will receive a 50% discount.

Can I recommend a feature or make a suggestion?

Yes! We want to know what features you want, and what ideas you have. We'll be listening to your feedback both leading up to the early access release, and as we work to add more features to the initial release. If you'd like to provide feedback now, please fill out our survey.

Can we import planes from other simulators?

Yes, FlyInside Flight Simulator will provide options for users to convert and import existing aircraft.

I'm a developer and would like to create planes/scenery/etc for this new simulator. How can I do that?

FlyInside Flight Simulator represents a completely open platform. There's a good chance that you'll be able to import aircraft you've created in the past with little trouble. FlyInside Flight Simulator also has custom APIs which give you direct access to engine internals, and a powerful yet easy scripting facility, allowing you to create plugins more easily than ever before. If you're interested in developing add-ons for it, please contact support@flyinside-fsx.com with the subject "FS Addon Developer."

Where will the flight simulator be distributed?

You will be able to purchase FlyInside Flight Simulator through our website, and we also plan to sell it via Steam and the Oculus Store.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 09:25:43 PM by Admin »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Another new flight sim
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 10:25:55 PM »
I saw this the other day. Thanks for posting it here Wilso  :thumbsup

So many flightsims are out/coming out  :shocker....For years there was only really FSX and X-plane, with no development for FSX for quite a long time.

Interesting how this can use existing aircraft.....I wonder if it shares anything with FSX.....

I am quite happy with P3D at the moment. I have a great selection of aircraft and scenery. Most of my FSX stuff works which is a huge bonus.

The problem with moving to a new sim is that many flight simmers have built up a collection of aircraft and scenery which cost them quite a lot. They will not want to repurchase and the thought of never using the stuff again.....  :cry2

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Beef

• HAVOC
  • Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 03:01:05 AM »
ANOTHER F***ING FLIGHT SIM ???

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 03:45:44 PM »
 :laughing4

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: FlyInside
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 09:34:49 PM »
New video and update below! - January 13th 2018

We are developing a next-generation flight simulator, and we'll be sharing our progress regularly via this website. We're looking forward to sharing our progress with the community, and we'll be paying close attention to your feedback. We aren't just building the right simulator for us, we want to build the best simulator for you!

Below you'll find the latest video of our sim, followed by in-depth Q&A.

Uploaded on Jan 12, 2018

Footage of FlyInside Flight Simulator, showing some off our new landscape system and some new US scenery.

Our new flight simulator is designed to take advantage of modern multi-core processors and GPUs to provide great frame-rates, accurate flight dynamics, and a flexible, open platform for add-on developers.

News
January 13th 2018

Although we missed our original target of a 2017 release, the simulator is still under heavy development, and on-track for a release the first quarter of 2018. We spent more time than expected developing FlyInside P3D4, and improving compatibility in FlyInside XP.

In addition, it took us longer than expected to refine our landscape scenery system. We're proud of the results though! We have created a unique system which combines photoscenery with a custom landclass system. The result is beautiful and unique throughout the world like photoscenery, but remains crisp and clear at low altitudes. Check out our latest video to see it in action.

In addition, after receiving many responses, we've closed the survey. Thank you all for your contribution! The big results:

•   Location: Europe is #1 with North America just behind. Mountanious areas receive a special mention. Our USA scenery is nearly complete, and we'll be following up with Europe soon after launch. Mountains look stunningly beautiful with the new scenery system.
•   Type of Aircraft: General aviation and airliners are most popular, with helicopters following up.
•   ATC: 70% of respondents use single player offline ATC, so this will be a priority for us. We'll focus on developing a solid ATC system shortly after our first release.
•   Requested Features: Weather, VR, Scenery, and Scenarios
1.   Weather: Clouds, rain, lightning - it's already under development.
2.   VR: This is our specialty! This simulator provides virtual reality support like no other.
3.   Scenery: Given the demand for various scenery areas, we have a plan to launch with USA, add Europe quickly, and follow up with the entire world in relatively short order. Our new system implements photoscenery in a manner that looks beautiful close-up and from a distance.
4.   Scenarios: There was a large interest in scenarios and missions. The good news is we have an amazing scripting system that we'll be creating scenarios with, and it will be easy for you to make them too!
•   Beta Testers: We received over 600 enthusiastic volunteers. We'll be randomly selecting beta testers, and contacting you via e-mail.
•   Name: We received some very good name suggestions and some very silly ones. At the end of the day, we've decided to stick with FlyInside Flight Simulator though :)

Questions,Answers,andInformation (Updated)

•   What sets FlyInside Flight Simulator apart from other sims?
FlyInside Flight Simulator is a novel flight simulator built from the ground up, and engineered to take advantage of today's modern technology. FlyInside's unique flight simulator engine was designed with Vulcan support to make the most of your processor and graphics card.

Rather than being limited by single-core performance, FlyInside can comfortably spread out its work-load on 4-8 cores.

This means higher frame-rates (smoother on the desktop, and more comfortable in VR), better graphics, and longer draw-distances, without requiring a top-of-the-line PC. At the same time, you can really turn settings up on high-end hardware without being bottlenecked by one processor core.

•   Is FlyInside Flight Simulator 32-bit or 64-bit?
The simulator itself is 64-bit, allowing you to make the most of your RAM. It does include a 32-bit compatibility layer, allowing gauge developers to stick with the technology they are comfortable with.

•   Will this only be for virtual reality?
No! While FlyInside Flight Simulator will have world-class virtual reality support included, it looks beautiful on a monitor too.

•   Which VR technology will you support?
The sim will work with Oculus, Vive, Windows Mixed Reality, and headsets which support SteamVR. We'll continue adding support for new headsets as they are released!
In addition the sim has an all-new touch system supporting Oculus Touch, Vive controllers, Leap Motion, and more.

•   When can I try it?
We'll be running a closed beta starting in February. An early-access release is planned for Q1 2018. We'll be filling in all major features throughout the following six months, and then continuing to provide patches and improvements for years to come.

•   What functionality will be included at the early access launch?
The early access release will include 10-15 aircraft, user customizable weather, an engaging flight model, complex aircraft systems, and scenery for the entire USA. The early access release will also support a large number of third-party aircraft. We then plan to create free updates which include scenery for Europe, ATC functionality, and a user-friendly flight-planner.

•   Which aircraft will be included with the simulator?
The simulator will include a variety of high-quality aircraft, including general aviation planes, WWII era aircraft, military aircraft, and jets. The simulator will also ship with an advanced helicopter flight model, refined based upon constant feedback from helicopter pilots.

•   How much will it cost?
When the simulator launches in early access, it will cost only $25-30. The price will then increase with each major update, reflecting the new functionality included. Anyone who bought the simulator in the past will receive these updates for free.

•   Will there be a discount for existing FlyInside customers?
Yes, existing FlyInside customers will receive a discount of 20%, available for one month after launch. In addition, all Kickstarter backers will receive a 50% discount.

•   Can I recommend a feature or make a suggestion?
Yes! We want to know what features you want, and what ideas you have. We'll be listening to your feedback both leading up to the early access release, and as we work to add more features to the initial release. If you'd like to provide feedback now, contact support@flyinside-fsx.com.

•   Can we import planes from other simulators?
Yes, FlyInside Flight Simulator will provide options for users to convert and import existing aircraft.

•   I'm a developer and would like to create planes/scenery/etc. for this new simulator. How can I do that?
FlyInside Flight Simulator represents a completely open platform. There's a good chance that you'll be able to import aircraft you've created in the past with little trouble. FlyInside Flight Simulator also has custom APIs which give you direct access to engine internals, and a powerful yet easy scripting facility, allowing you to create plugins more easily than ever before. If you're interested in developing add-ons for it, please contact support@flyinside-fsx.com with the subject "FS Add-On Developer."

•   Where will the flight simulator be distributed?
You will be able to purchase FlyInside Flight Simulator through our website, and we also plan to sell it via Steam and the Oculus Store. If you're interested in distributing it via your website, please contact sales@flyinside-fsx.com.

•   I have a business proposal, interested client, product idea, etc.
We're always open to ideas and proposals. Please send an e-mail to sales@flyinside-fsx.com.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 05:44:09 PM »
FlyInside Flight Simulator - Distance

Daniel Church
Published on 16 Jan 2018
We've done a lot of work to give FlyInside Flight Simulator insane draw-distance.  Just a quick preview!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 05:45:30 PM »
FlyInside Latest video

Techy111
Published on 10 May 2018
A short little video showing Flyinside flight simulator which is in beta and now our clouds have been added made from the ground up :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

FlyInside Flight Simulator

Started by Asid

Replies: 9
    Views: 8185