Translations for our friends around the world.

Click on banner for Tornado website

Click.gif 

Author Topic: Modding Tornado  (Read 228396 times)

Offline Frankie

• From Dogs of War to Pipes Of Peace
    • Frankie's Moodurian
Re: Modding Tornado
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2018, 08:46:30 PM »
63. SAM Launcher-to-Tornado View activates with F11

Mod: SAM Launcher-to-Tornado View
By Frankie
Description: In the stock Tornado, you almost never see the ZRK "ROMB" SA-8 SAM launcher. With this mod, you can now get up close and personal with this Soviet amphibious vehicle. In the heat of battle, when you are getting locked on and suddenly find SAMs being shot at you, hit the F11 key and you will see a SAM launcher in the vicinity. And the best part is that it is facing you and shooting up Gopher missiles at you! Here's are some actual screenshots:

-AND-
-AND-

This view will have a viewpoint slightly away from the ZRK "ROMB" SA-8 that is firing at you. The view will track your Tornado, but the SAM launcher will not always be in view. This is a Frankie Kam innovation but it is still experimental. As such, you may have some weird results.

-AND-

Nevertheless, this is the first time that a reversed view (i.e., Enemy to Tornado view) has been implemented. So enjoy.

Regards
Frankie Kam
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 01:08:31 AM by Frankie »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

After the Dogs of War are let slip, let us smoke the Pipes Of Peace.

Offline Frankie

• Frankie's Moodurian
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2018, 09:04:06 PM »
64. You can slew the viewpoint left-to-right in Tracking View (F1) - applies also to Drone in Drone View (F5).

Mod: Slew the viewpoint left of or right of the Tornado on the horizontal axis
By Frankie
Description: Enabled slewing left-right of Tornado and Drones with the "2" and "9" keys. Now you can move the perspective/viewpoint of the Tornado along 3 axis'. This is different from the "Z" and "X" keys which rotate left or right by pivoting on the Tornado. This mod allows you to adjust or shift the viewpoint to the left or right of the Tornado. The video below will make it clearer what this mod does.

No sound.

The main use of this mod is to enhance the Tracking (F1) and Drone (F5) views. The keys "2" and "9" used with the other external view adjustor keys "1","0","F1","F12", now afford you with an almost infinite number of  combinations of angles to display the Tornado and drones for artistic and for aesthetic purposes.

-AND-
-AND-
-AND-
-AND-
-AND-

You can enjoy both views more and gives more opportunity for nice screenshots. The Drone view used to be mundane after a while. No longer. This is new to the simulation. Another innovation.

Regards
Frankie Kam
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 06:10:34 PM by Frankie »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Frankie

• Frankie's Moodurian
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2018, 07:25:27 PM »
65. AAA-(Shilka)-to-Tornado View activates with F12

Mod: AAA-to-Tornado View
By Frankie
Description: In the stock Tornado, you also almost never see the ZSU-23-4 Shilka AAA vehicle. With this mod, you can now see this famous AAA weapon in action. In the heat of battle, when you are getting locked on and suddenly find high-velocity tracer being shot at you, hit the F12 key and you will see a ZSU-23-4 in the vicinity. Most probably launching radar-guided cannon shells at your Tornado. Specifically, this mod gives you a view unlike any other in stock Tornado - a tracking view from a spot near the Shilka, to your Tornado.

Here's are some actual screenshots:

-AND-

A bit of dilemma with the distance of the viewer from the Shilka. Too near and you never see the vehicle in its full glory. Too far and the Shilka looks too small. I am still tweaking the distance values, so I have yet to hit the sweet spot.

Here are ALSO two Youtube videos showing the action. Enjoy!

-AND-

-AND-

This is 1993 graphics. So expect some anomalies. For example, in the videos above, the Shilka's turret does not rotate. Instead the entire Shilka itself will in seconds magically re-position to face the Tornado. Su-27 Flanker 1.5 by Flying Legends (published by SSI), did the animation very nicely with rotating turrets and highly detailed Soviet armored vehicles. But that was in 1995 and a whole different simulation. Digital Integration's Tornado graphics were designed in 1991 and by the time the game was released, the graphics engine was two years out-of-date!

As usual, I am attaching the latest FLIGHT.EXE file. Press F11 to see the ZRK-ROMB (SAM launcher) in action. Press F12 to see the Shilka AAA in action. This is still pretty much proof of concept. So you will hear lots of cannon fire and SAM launch sounds - even when in the cockpit. No time to tidy it all up. Main thing is, this is making DI Tornado simulation history with never before seen views. It is exciting to be able to create a view never implemented before in Tornado. Welcome to 2018!

Regards
Frankie Kam

Note: In order to make F12 the "Shilka-To-Tornado" view, I had to reassign the "raise the Tornado viewpoint (in the F1 Tracking view) " from F12 (See Mod#64) to Alt+F1.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 08:01:12 PM by Frankie »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tom N

• Tornado
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2018, 06:41:37 AM »
Hi Frankie,

tried it excitedly, video is added below (sound deactivated, 20fps, logarithmic downscale value "30"), just some issues:
in the front seat the fuel indicator got a permanent black-out (in f1-view it is still shown, so not much of a loss),
in the back seat when i want to toggle the plane position on the MFD-map display with key "o", it doesn't work (no "o" issue in the front seat MFD, though).
Pressing "p" for pausing no more darkens the screen, as i was used to, that's not bad, though not knowing "p" for pause, if some guy accidentally hit "p" (s)he
might assume a game crash (just my imagination).

This one is a VERY useful addition (mostly for fun and watching the progress of "delivering a package" ^^ ).

Question: Could you insert a small HUD-Display-view in the "far away external views" (I mean other vehicle-views, so to see roll and yaw status)?
If not, just inserting roll status at the bottom would help greatly enough (the VSI there already helps with yaw status)

Kind regards and thanks for the fun,
Tom N

UPDATE by Frankie on 28/6/2018
I have improved the modded Pause feature. This time, pressing P results in a subtle and brief darkening of the screen. Enough to send a cue to the gamer that the game did not hang, rather it has paused. Tested and works in both day and night missions. Hope this helps. Frankie Kam.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 04:14:12 PM by Frankie »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Frankie

• Frankie's Moodurian
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2018, 08:52:04 AM »
Hi Tom N

To solve the "fuel indicator got a permanent black-out" problem, download and replace your existing \TORNADO\FLIGHT\PILOTPAN.BT2 file with the attached PILOTPAN.BT2 file below. Make sure to backup your original PILOTPAN.BT2 file first! This problem is caused because Tornado 1.0 used an analgue display for the fuel gauge, whereas later patches used a digital readout. Your PILOTPAN.BT2 is the digital readout type.

You are right that the Navigator cockpit, the MFD-map display key "o" doesn't work. The original 1994 FLIGHT.EXE has no issue. I will check the source code of MFD.ASM to troubleshoot the problem. Right now I don't know what is causing the "o" key to not work since I didn't mod anything that is related to the "o" key. So a mystery for now.

Pressing "p" for pausing no more darkens the screen, which was a mod designed to allow the user (me, mostly LOL!) to capture the screen with PrintScreen or with DOSBox's Ctrl+F5. If the screen were darkened, there would be nothing to capture! You're right that the user has no clue or cue as to the pause. I can add a cue text "Paused" somewhere on the screen. May a red "P" at the bottom corner so that at the very least the user knows that the game didn't hang. Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't think it is easy to add small HUD-Display-views or other mini windows in the "far away external views". I've tried it before but failed. I'm not sure what you mean by "roll and yaw status" - is it a graphic like the bottom-left corner of the screen graphic when you go to full-screen HUD view? I can insert the roll status at the bottom information bar, but may I know what does the roll and yaw status information look like? A numeric value for roll and a numeric value for yaw? I have the freedom to also add a second bottom information bar, so that you can see more information when in the external views. But I will need to know what information you will want to have displayed on the bars.

> Kind regards and thanks for the fun,
>

I assume you mean the Shilka-to-Tornado and ZRK-Romb-to-Tornado views. If so, then I am glad you are having fun and that you are excited to try out the new views. I also have some good news for you! I just discovered how to modify the F1 Tracking View so that instead of showing your Tornado, it can show:
(a) The SAM Launcher that is engaging you;
(b) The AAA (Shilka) vechicles that are engaging you.
and all the while the view of the SAM and Shilka can be panned, zoomed, tilted, horizon tilted in either direction. So in other words, everything you can do to manipulate the view of your Tornado in the F1 Tracking View, you can do the same to the SAM Launcher (ZRK-Romb) and AAA (ZSU-23-4 Shilka) vehicle. That's my next mod either later today or tomorrow. The new view I am talking about do not track (follow) the Tornado like Mod#65 and Mod#63, but it is still very fun to use and will be a very nice addition to the existing (i..e, the stock and to-date modded) views of Tornado.

Stay tuned.
Regards
Frankie Kam
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 09:09:44 AM by Frankie »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tom N

• Tornado
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2018, 07:53:00 PM »
Hi Frankie,

I checked it again, there are now 2 back seat key settings (i think) from simulator "free flight" you still can switch through various displays in the rear center MFD and still this CRPMD -combined radar+ projected map display shows there the map as in the original flight.exe, though the green lamp in the left lower corner is on showing that mouse control can be activated for the map display which originally could not), in the "quickstart flight" from main screen you have reduced available display options in the center MFD/ CRPMD yet plenty of view options via left and right TAB keys and the map display on right TAB works fine with "o" position marker switching alright.

To my former suggestion of including a "roll indicator" actually i meant the "turn indicator", I'd suggest to do it as a number being normally aligned with the horizon in neutral position i would say 0° L/R would be good; then when rolling to the left should say "1° L" to "179°L then 180°L/R for being fully inverted (=upside down) then "1° R" to "179° R" for all the states being rolled to the right side of roll axis.

Having 2 lines of flight information to show on the bottom is a great opportunity, let's don't rush this, this IS VEEERYYY USEFUL !!! It's still limited space, so we should think about the possibilities carefully!

I noticed new sounds as well, i got confused by the shooting missiles sounds from enemy SAM only, could it be supplemented by the old "landing wheels touching ground sound" as the new touchdown sound is way cooler for landing.

Enemy AAA is spatting now with a good voice ^^.

The new view keys i checked for now were "f1", "f2", the free front sights/views from rear cockpit TABs' keys' cycling through and the altered weapon view.

Leave all these views this way as I really love them ...
except one thing in weapon view only (i couldn't zoom in and out there, but rotation is good enough)
The new overview by all these keys is OMNIPOTENT!

And finally the blacked out/ erased digital fuel indicator, but above that there is the analog indicator active regardless of Tornado sim version (i think).

So yeah, quite some text, might have forgotten to put everything of concern here for now.
Though it is much to talk about, you did a great job of a HUGE ENHANCEMENT!

Thank you very much!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Frankie

• Frankie's Moodurian
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2018, 04:46:46 AM »
Hi Frankie,

I checked it again, there are now 2 back seat key settings (i think) from simulator "free flight" you still can switch through various displays in the rear center MFD and still this CRPMD -combined radar+ projected map display shows there the map as in the original flight.exe, though the green lamp in the left lower corner is on showing that mouse control can be activated for the map display which originally could not), in the "quickstart flight" from main screen you have reduced available display options in the center MFD/ CRPMD yet plenty of view options via left and right TAB keys and the map display on right TAB works fine with "o" position marker switching alright.
I take it then that the modded displays are sufficient(?) for your needs. No deal-breaking bugs in the back seat settings right?

To my former suggestion of including a "roll indicator" actually i meant the "turn indicator", I'd suggest to do it as a number being normally aligned with the horizon in neutral position i would say 0° L/R would be good; then when rolling to the left should say "1° L" to "179°L then 180°L/R for being fully inverted (=upside down) then "1° R" to "179° R" for all the states being rolled to the right side of roll axis.
Will the roll angle and roll rate do? The Tornado code has these two main variables:
PUBLIC   AHRollRate
PUBLIC   AHRollVal
I will add them in and you can then see if they are useful. This is an idea for yet another mod.

Having 2 lines of flight information to show on the bottom is a great opportunity, let's don't rush this, this IS VEEERYYY USEFUL !!! It's still limited space, so we should think about the possibilities carefully!
This will need some planning. We will have to identify the real world avionics information needed, and I will have to track down the variables in the source code. Like the AHRollRate and AHRollVal variables.

I noticed new sounds as well, i got confused by the shooting missiles sounds from enemy SAM only, could it be supplemented by the old "landing wheels touching ground sound" as the new touchdown sound is way cooler for landing.
The Tornado source code is version 1.0 which lacks the SAM Close Proximity warning code and sound. This feature is found  inside a later patch of Tornado. I think it was Tornado 1.0c. Anyway, I wrote my own close proximity code and I had to improvise by using the Morse Code sound. It is not as rich-sounding as the Close Proximity sound, but the morse-code audio serves the purpose. In future if I can find a better audio, then I will use it.

Enemy AAA is spatting now with a good voice ^^.
Ah. The Internet tells me the Shilka fires at a rate of 3,400 rounds per minute. I viewed several video of the Shilka firing away on the Internet, just to get a feel for the sound. I had three choices of firing sounds, so I chose the one which had a good balance of volume + rate of fire. The sound is far from reality, but it resembles the real sound in some way.

The new view keys i checked for now were "f1", "f2", the free front sights/views from rear cockpit TABs' keys' cycling through and the altered weapon view.
Thanks for checking them out. I need people like you who are passionate about this old Tonka simulator to help me make it better. Your time is much appreciated.

Leave all these views this way as I really love them ...
except one thing in weapon view only (i couldn't zoom in and out there, but rotation is good enough)
The new overview by all these keys is OMNIPOTENT!
I am not sure why I can't zoom in the weapon view. I will check it out. By "new overview", I assume you mean the full-screen HUD with the overlayed TV-Tabs, MFD and other floating information in the 3 corners of the screen. Thank you. Those were nearly 3 months hard work and testing.

And finally the blacked out/ erased digital fuel indicator, but above that there is the analog indicator active regardless of Tornado sim version (i think).
Personally I prefer the analogue display. Then again, the digital display was coded by DI in a later Tornado version. I do not have that code. But like you said, the fuel information is found inside the bottom status bar.

So yeah, quite some text, might have forgotten to put everything of concern here for now.
Though it is much to talk about, you did a great job of a HUGE ENHANCEMENT!
Thank you very much!
You are most welcome. And it is STILL getting better. Please do check out my latest mod below - a tribute to two famous russion weapons. The ZSU-23-4 Shilka 23 mm self-propelled anti-aircraft gun, and the ZRK-Romb SA-8 SAM launcher.

Cheers
Frankie Kam
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Frankie

• Frankie's Moodurian
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2018, 04:53:56 AM »
66. New ZSU-23-4 (Shilka) -and- ZRK Romb (Gecko) views

Mod: Shilka and Gecko View
By Frankie
Description: The 1993 Tornado simulator was always about the Panavia Tornado. Now in 2018, with this mod, you will come face-to-face with two dreaded anti-aircraft Soviet weapons. This mod adds the ground anti-aircraft element to the game, bringing Digital Integration's Tornado into a new Quantum of gameplay.

If you have ever played Tornado, you will know that the AAA and SAM launchers are always a speck on the ground. Even if you did see one up close, it was only for a micro-second using the Weapons (ALARM) view where the enemy appears for a brief split-second before being reduced to toast. Well with my new mod, it is time that we give these two dread and highly respected weapons their due.

You can now see them up close in real-time. Watch them fire cannon shells and SA-8 missiles at your Tornado as you make your bomb run. You can even, if you are lucky, see your missile strike home and reduce them to a crater. These views are what Tornado badly needs. An ode and a shout-out to the ground enemy vehicles which were always there in the simulator, but you could barely see them or touch them. Now you can see them up close in action firing away at your Tornado, from any angle or elevation with this mod.

The ZSU-23-4 Shilka is a 23mm self-propelled anti-aircraft gun.

The 9K33 Osa (English: wasp) is a highly mobile, low-altitude, short-range tactical surface-to-air missile system designed in the Soviet Union. "9K33" is its GRAU designation. Its NATO reporting name is SA-8 Gecko. Its export version name is Romb.

Here they are with their own new views. Activate by pressing
Shift+Ctrl, followed by Alt+Shift
-OR-
Ctrl+Alt, followed by Alt+Shift

If after you press Shift+Ctrl or Ctrl+Alt and you do not see any SAM launcher of AAA vehicle, wait until the enemy has you in its radar and you start seeing tracer fill the sky or you start hearing SAM launch sounds. Then hit the Alt+Shift key for a surprise!

View control keys coded specially for this mod:
1. Press and hold Shift+Ctrl see the vehicle from a higher angle (e.g. imagine being higher than the vehicle, looking downwards);
2. Press and hold Shift+Alt see the vehicle from a lower angle (e.g. imagine lying on the grass and you are looking up towards);
3. Key "1" to shift the horizon down so that more sky is seen;
4. Key "0" to shift the horizon up so that more ground is seen;
5. Key "2" to shift the view point right-wards, perspective of vehicle shifts leftwards
6. Key "9" to shift the view point right-wards, perspective of vehicle shifts leftwards
Caveat: if you zoom in or zoom out and if you use the Z and X keys to rotate the vehicle, your Tornado in the F1 Tracking View will also zoomed and rotated accordingly. I haven't figured out how to decouple F1 view from these two new views when it comes to the zooming and rotating actions.

Some screenshots below. In 1991-1994, this was 'cutting edge'. Seeing them so up close, at last, is amazing, for me at least.

-and-

-and-

-and-

These two new views are similar to F11 (Hack#63) and F12 (Hack#65), yet so different. The F11 and F12 screens are tracking screens, meaning that they will follow the Tornado from the ZSU or ZRK's point of view, but those screens cannot be rotated, height-adjusted or changed. Hack#66 is all about showing off the ZSU or ZRK in al their glory, with pannable and height-adjustable viewings.

Here is a Youtube video showing you what these two new views are all about.

In the video, my Tornado is that black speck in the sky letting off flares. The SAM launcher and AAA are taking pot shots at me. The views you see in the video were not possible for 25 years. Now it is possible, thanks to the wonderful, extensible code of the 3D engine written by Kevin J. Bezant. There are many other modding possibilities, limited only by the imagination. As usual, I attach the latest mod-cumulative FLIGHT.EXE below. Enjoy.

Regards
Frankie Kam
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:58:39 AM by Frankie »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Frankie

• Frankie's Moodurian
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2018, 07:19:08 AM »
67. Smaller smoke graphics

Mod: Smoke graphics and animation are now smaller in radius and shorter in lifetime duration.
By Frankie
Description: Tornado simulates smoke by drawing black circles. The circles last N seconds in duration and are modeled to me N feet in radius. In Mod#65 and Mod#63, I discovered that the ZRK-Zomb and ZSU-23-4 Shilka were always shrouded in enormous clouds of black smoke when either firing 23mm cannon shells or launching SA-8 missiles. The smoke circles were insanely large, and immensely disproportionate to the Soviet antiaircraft vehicle.What I did then was to find out how to make the smoke circles smaller. A quick check on Youtube showed me that as a ZSU-23-4 fires into the air, it does make puffs of gray smoke in front of the cannon muzzles, but definitely not large, billowing plumes of black smoke.

So this mod is all about making the smoke circles smaller and more realistic dimensions.

Mod#67 basically has already been done as it is part of Mod#66. Nevertheless, I want to share with you what I did to make the smoke graphics in Mod#66 smaller and more realistic. This link https://www.diffchecker.com/gGw5txZ1 is the diffchecker link to a comparison between my modded \VISUAL\SMOKE.ASM and the stock original \VISUAL\SMOKE.ASM file. Below are the salient points of the mod.

ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE 101

Basically, I reduced the smoke expiry time from the value 128 to 8 (see line 756). This means that the smoke circles for not linger for long.

I also reduced the radius of the smoke circles by increasing the divisor in the formula "radius = (expand time - time) / 4". I did this by changing

REPT   2       
  shr   dx,1   
ENDM         

;The operation shr means "Shift Right". This shifts each bit of register dx, one place to the right.
;So shr dx, 1 means divide the value inside dx by 2. If we REPT (repeat) this 2 times, the original code
;is basically dividing the value of dx by 4.

to

REPT   3           ;So by changing the repeat value from 2 to 3, I am actually shifting the bits of the register
  shr   dx,1       ;three places to the right. In effect I am now dividing the contents of dx by 8!
ENDM             ;So since the divisor is now larger (8) compared to previously (4), the smoke radius will be smaller.

I.e., "radius = (expand time - time) / 8" is smaller than "radius = (expand time - time) / 4".

So I do this for various parts of the code inside \VISUAL\SMOKE.ASM. See the attached file if you are up to peeking at the assembly language code.

Regards
Frankie Kam
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 07:41:30 AM by Frankie »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Frankie

• Frankie's Moodurian
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2018, 03:00:44 PM »
Hi Tom N
>in the back seat when i want to toggle the plane position on the MFD-map display with key "o", it doesn't work
>

Good news. I had a relook at the NAVIGPAN.ASM source code and I think I have solved the problem with the "o" key. Now it works in both the Pilot's Panel view and the Navigator's Panel view. Not only that, the MFD now cycles properly through the 4 MFD modes (mini-map, AFDS, ILS landing and mini-FLIR) when the 'd' key is hit. You can download the attached latest FLIGHT.EXE and see if it works for you.
Cheers
Frankie Kam
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tom N

• Tornado
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2018, 06:15:19 PM »
Seems to work fine now (pushing o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o), but my recorded video is way too crappy to upload (do NOT use the m4v format and I got shot down, by the 2nd of 4 enemy CAP, shame on me)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tom N

• Tornado
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2018, 07:27:17 PM »

Recorded with Microsoft's Game DVR for Windows, slimsized with HandBrake, merged briefing (amp.exe), flight(flight.exe) and debriefing(amp.exe) with mergevideo.online/de.
Microsoft's Game DVR recognises different programs running so when DI's Tornado switches between different exes it stops the recording.

EDIT: sound issues added thanks to Game DVR
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 08:10:04 PM by Tom N »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tom N

• Tornado
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2018, 08:34:14 PM »
Oh and Frankie, rewatching my post in the landing approach area there is too much rumbling going on caused by stuff miles and miles away, can it be fixed? I mean just the cockpit shaking, the sounds from far away (sounding as well as very close) are okay.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Frankie

• Frankie's Moodurian
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2018, 11:33:13 PM »
i think tbe rumblings you mean are the explosions and SAM launches which no matter how far away they are from the Tornado, will still sound. Can you let me know which part of your video, e.g., MM:SS, the sounds appear? So I can be sure I know what you mean and take action to reduce or to stop the rumblings.

i think I know a possible cause and solution. I enabled the AAA and SAM launch sounds which now play in both the external and cockpit views. I will disable the AAA and SAM launch sounds if the user is in either the Pilot or Navigator cockpit panel view. Your video has quite a lot of noise interference. Is that caused by your various conversion software?

Nice video. By the way, I can suggest an alternative way of recording and producing the video so that it is less jerky. I simply use DOSBox's Carl+Alt+F5. followed by a batch file which runs ffmpeg to resize the 300x200 pixel AVI video into 1024x768 pixels MP4 video. That is the way that I record and upload the video. I do zero sound editing as the sound ends up fine. Also I think your DOSBox aspect ratio parameter needs to be set as the video is a bit too wide. I have to go off an administer an exam now, I will be back later and will upload  a tutorial video in order to be more helpful to you.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Frankie

• Frankie's Moodurian
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2018, 08:42:38 AM »
"PATCHED" version of Mod#67.
I have corrected two main bugs that were present in recent previous versions.
(a) Navigator's Panel MFD does not cycle through the maps, AFDS, landing and FLIR modes when the "d" key is pressed;
(b) When you are in the Pilot's cockpit or Navigator cockpit, you will hear SAM launch *puff* sounds and the AAA *bom-bom* sounds. These sounds are meant for the external views like F1, F2, F3 and F4.

Both bugs have been corrected. So now it is easier for you to cycle through the MFD modes when in the Navigator's cockpit. it is now much quieter for you when in the Tornado front or back seats. You may download the lates FLIGHT.EXE file below.

Regards
Frankie Kam
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Team Tornado - Life on a Front-line Squadron by the Two Johns

Started by Frankie

Replies: 4
    Views: 5297
    Last post October 05, 2018, 02:08:31 PM
    by Frankie
    How British Tornados Used A Special Weapon To Ravage Saddam’s Airfields

Started by Frankie

Replies: 0
    Views: 2196
    Last post March 27, 2021, 04:33:39 PM
    by Frankie
    Desperately seeking GEnie Tornado debrief posts of the 1990s

Started by Frankie

Views: 2244
    Last post December 06, 2019, 07:01:25 AM
    by Frankie
    Tornado wingman turbulence effects

Started by Frankie

Views: 3676
    Last post June 27, 2016, 02:24:44 AM
    by Frankie
    Tornado on Twitch.tv - Valentine's Day 14/2/2022, 10pm-12midnight (UTC+8)

Started by Frankie

Replies: 5
    Views: 3250
    Last post February 16, 2022, 04:00:00 PM
    by General Sandman