Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Gettysburg: 3 Days - New Ground Mod  (Read 5621 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Gettysburg: 3 Days - New Ground Mod
« on: July 29, 2017, 02:42:54 PM »
Gettysburg: 3 Days - New Ground Mod

Released for the 154th Anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg, July 1st - 3rd, 1863.

Featuring:

- New Gettysburg map by MarkT (9 Mile)
- Three days in 8 1/2 hours CSA scenario (USA scenario TBA)
- Fatigue and Morale replenished at the end of Days one and two
- Upgraded setup and scripting from the previous 3Days scenarios
- Richmond News end screens for CSA
- Optional scenario file (scenario - DRF.csv) to use flags from the B&F mod -- rename to scenario.csv in the individual scenario folder after renaming the original

Well, it's been six years since the 'GB 3Days' scenarios were released and with the introduction of MarkT's outstanding nine mile map the time was ripe for an upgrade.  And an UPGRADE it is!  I've learned a lot in those six years, especially what works and what doesn't, on how to keep scenarios vibrant and immersive.  At least I think so.

A heads up on performance.  Due to the large number of troops, eventually, and with the huge map, low fps and lag are a fact of life with this old engine.  The number one thing I have learned about performance and lag in general is to keep corps and general level officers TC'ed (this eliminates hundreds of AI-loops between officers that suck performance unnecessarily).  You'll find in the scripting that these upper level officers will be TC on when introduced, I suggest they remain TC'ed and just move by divisions.  If you don't, not only greater lag, but the occurrences of anomalies like troops stopping engaging are likely to occur.  They literally stop fighting and will walk through or ignore the enemy.  Or, if you insist on using these officers TC off, then better to raise the sprite ratio to at least 10 to one.

As announced and shown below, "The Bar is Set".  The best way to show appreciation for this effort as far as I'm concerned is attack that Bar, display your end screen, and feedback about your experience and path to glory, or, how you messed up.  All is good, and fun, in the remaking of history.

Creator: RebBugler
Size: 46.4MB
Version/Release date: V1 28/07/17
Download: Here
Original post: Here
Install:Unzip and copy to the Mods folder

The bar is set! :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 03:55:40 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions