Translations for our friends around the world.

Click on banner for Theater of Operations website

Save

Author Topic: Missing images in posts!  (Read 4547 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
Missing images in posts!
« on: July 25, 2017, 02:55:15 PM »
Ever since the great Photobucket ransomware struck, we have been looking for a solution for images. We are working hard to fix the problems caused.

Thank you for your patience
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline A Canadian Cat

Re: Missing images in posts!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 03:36:17 PM »
I am not sure what the admin is planning since most images are posted by forum users and linked here. I know lots of people are looking to using Imgur.

I decided to host my images for posing at my own web site using Piwigo gallery. I now have that running on my site and I am using the extension Piwigo2Img to generate [ IMG ] tags for insertion into posts.

That gives me a solution nearly as easy as Photo Bucket but totally under my control. My hosting service offers support for Piwgo gallery so the install was a piece of cake.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 11:06:46 PM »
..plus I have been totally unavailable the last several days! But yes we are working to alleviate the issue. Cat, that sounds like a great fix...unless you want to ransom yourself!!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 03:17:00 PM »
Hi all, I am still in the process of trying to recover pics from the PB debacle.   :grump This issue combined with everything else going on behind the curtain, I'm afraid I have been more silent lately than what I have want. The lack of posts on the forum does not mean distance from the project, in fact it is quite the opposite! I am hoping to have news to share very soon, as well as getting back to the Blue, Gray, and Bocage scenario. In the mean time, feel free to continue checking stuff out and asking questions!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 07:12:16 PM »
Now that most pictures have been found/recovered, and a repository established, you will start to see the pics magically reappear on the forum.  :yahoo I have started with the scenario pics first. This process will unfold at a slow pace, however I will entertain special requests. So if you want to see some pics that havn't been re-posted yet, please feel free to ask and I will make every effort to get them posted for you.

Oh, and special thanks to Asid!  :notworthy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 07:55:35 PM »
 :grouphugg