Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Kingdoms  (Read 2937 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Kingdoms
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2019, 11:52:26 PM »
UPDATE 0.321
31 MAR @ 8:59AM - CYFIEITHYDD

Some important info about this and coming update: https://steamcommunity.com/app/409590/discussions/13/1771511442683426092/

•   Fixed issue when player could talk with the person in fight;
•   Fixed issue, when houses in AI settlement could be build too close to AI or or players farm, now the distance should be >= 200m (new game needed);
•   Fixed issue when build wall could block AI or players farm (new game needed);
•   Fixed issue when wall colliders were calculated incorrect when generating a wall;
•   Fixed issue when AI or animals could walk through walls;
•   Fixed issue when player could walk through walls;
•   Tweaking roads calculation pop-up window period;
•   Pathfinding grid masks were changed in order to make rocks non-walkable for AI;
•   Fixed pathfinding issue, when AI couldn't pass through gates;
•   Fixed issue, when dialog answer button could appear in incorrrect part of the dialog;
•   Fixed issue, when settlers could have incorrect position in house after loading a save;
•   Hot keys for speeding time now only work in gode mode in order to prevent accidentaly pressing on these keys that can cause bugs;
•   Fixed issue, when player spawned near last visited ruins after loading (save-load needed);
•   Fixed issue when animals position angle could be calculated incorrect;
•   Death notification "You died" added to pause menu to make death more obvious;
•   Fixed issue, when player could accidentally press esc button when crafting or sleeping causing incorrect time calculation (new game needed);
•   Fixing issue when day dyration parameter was loaded incorrect after loading the game;
•   Fixed issue, when townfolks with business didn't do their job at this business;
•   Fixed issue when City Hall members refused do their job even with house and business build;
•   Fixed issue when player camera could start moving after pressing ESC in buildig apply window;
•   Fixed issue when camera could start moving in naming settlement window when accidentally pressing ESC;
•   Pressing ESC (Cancel) in applying building or naming settlement window now stops building process;
•   Fixed issue when exiting sleep/wait window during sleep/wait can cause false day duration calculation and connected bugs;
•   Sleeping or waiting now can be cancelled after pressing pressing ESC;
•   Fixed issue when camera strted moving when pressing ESC in City Management menu;
•   Fixed issue when building model stayed active when exiting building mode;
•   Fixed issue when camera could start moving after pressing ESC in dialog window;
•   Fixed issue when two building models could be on in another when using building mode;
•   Fixed some character controller parameters in order to prevent falling through ground bug;
•   Fixed issue, when settler was chopping an air instead of closest tree;
•   Fixed issue, when closest shop was found by setler incorrect which can cause trading bugs in settlement;
•   Ambient Occlusion was tweaked a bit in order to make indirect shadows more noticable;
•   Spawn menu (f7) is now available in god mode only in order to avoid connected bugs;
•   French translation was updated;
•   Japan translation was added;
•   Fixed issue, when some dialogs lines were missed, when finishing or taking the quest;
•   Dialog camera effect was tweaked in order to avoid graphical glitches during dialog;
•   Fixed issue, when player was unable to jump at some point;

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2019, 12:41:47 AM »

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2019, 11:22:39 PM »
KINGDOMS [Weekly Devlog]
Tue, 3 December 2019

Greetings, noble Kings and Queens of KINGDOMS!

WAR UPDATE is coming very soon, and i know that many of you are waiting for a very long time. First of, thank you for your patience and support, you're the best, really. To make this waing a little nicer, i started to write daily devlog in game Community. From this devlog i'll know all latest news about development progress, what is being worked at the moment, why update is delayed and what i'm doing do deliver it to you as soon as possible. I really hope that this devlog will bring more transparency to the development and you'll know all latest news about KINGDOMS. Besides i'll post weekly devlog - the progress for past week - here, as sort of news. Sorry for waiting, friends, and thank you for patience and support - as said, you're the best:)

Cyfieithydd

-Working on two-handed wepons animations, the most problem here is to make left hand work properly, tried to use IK pinning for sword object;
-Scales of iron rocks looks to unnatural, changed randomizer a bit;
-Worked on the script responsible for locations discovering, because adding of new types of locations (iron ores on open space) caused several bugs;
-Working on vegetation optimization for trees billboards, tests showed, that rendering billboard caused spikes at certain spots;
-Changed all float.TryParse functions in Save-Load script, because of moving to newer .NET version;
-Testing how two-handed animation works with "Running" layer, seems to be okay, more testing needed with more two hamded swords variations;
-Some rocks are still showing incorrect resource amount of already used rocks, fixed the issue;
-Testing animations for left players hand, used for burning strunctures at settlements and bandits lairs;
-Added some quests written by messpine, "find location" ones need testing;
-Tested caves objects in saves, seems everything is okay;
-Fixed some logical missbehaviour (???) in farmers logic;
-Metal reflection shader seems to be not properly working in the dark, changed it a bit;
-Translated two tutorial articles into English ”Welcome to kingdoms”, ”What to do?”;
-Added several new articles “Travelling”, “First settlement”, “Combat” in Russian;
-Removed all iron ingots from ruins;
-Tested ruins chest gold amount, can’t be randomized anymore;
-Testing block for the player during combat, animation seems to be not to smooth as I want, need more work;
-Testing block timings for player, seems to be okay, need more testing;
-Grass LODs seemed working incorrect, fixed;
-Fixed issue, when NPC bandit fought half in the floor, now it teleports to the entrance when seeing a player, dynamic buildings + navigation grid = pain for developer;
-Changed reflection intensity a bit (again, hehe), metals seem to be a bit better;
-Working on script and animations, responsible for openingclosing city gates during sieges, gates won’t work as intended, spend several hours trying to find out the reason, still bugged:(;
-Added torches to stone gates (still funding for proper gates model for wooden ones, walls are ok);
-Translated yesterday written tutorials to English;
-Tested catapults proper rotation during sieges, seems to be ok, need more testing;
-AI is still won’t march in the lines, tried to fix it (really, “bad-fixing-day” is today)
-Still working on proper two-handed sword animations + testing 10x10 crowd fighting only two-handed swords, look much better;
-Added some new visuals to the map - resources location now have owner label + color of the kingdom;
-Working on global map camera, trying to make its movements move smooth, sometimes it’s still buggy, ie when mouse moves too fast, need more work;
-Testing some stuff in sieges script, there are still some work to be done - some NPCs stay aggressive after taking the settlement, dead ones are listed as alive etc. - fixed most of found bugs, need more testing;
Tried to add new sound effects to forest zones, prefabs are causing FPS spikes for some reason, tired to figure it out - with no luck:( Pitty, because sound are really making environment much more immersive;
-Added some additional sound to swords fights instead, like taking weapon out, tried some screams (just make for now) for NPCs, sounds good;
-Worked in players two-handed block animations, timings are quite ok during testing;
-Tried to add siege tower to the siege script, looks awful:(
-Tested marching mechanics a bit, still don’t like how it look - AI is running during army March, thinking if making it more organized - started to make marching animations;
-Found a bug when some settlers moved to the sea after landing - the reason was change in A* pathfinding script made in September (??) + water collider refused to disable for some reason. Anyway, fixed;
-Changed water shader to new one (noticed foam glitching during previous fixing), looking good;
-Changed house setting script a little, previous version has some problems on the beaches;
-Noticed that taking off two handed animation glitched a little, fixed;
-Stones refused to render grass and sand texture properly for some reason, tweaked shader + rocks collider;
-Changed garden veggies spawn algorithm a little making them a little easier to find;
-Thinking of adding animals to the caves (or bandits), dynamic pathfinding grid makes this extremely difficult, tried several solutions to make proper grid in the caves with no luck:(;
-Wrote some long awaited script, that can close all windows (or any opened) by hitting ESC;
-Added a little timer to pause script to fix the issue when player hit a sword after pressing save button, need resting but works good by first one;
-Fixed the issue when roads weren’t rendered properly because of timer error;
-Tweaked common update script timer a little , I think we have no spikes at all even in populated settlements, need testing on various CPUs (hello release);
-Animals script still takes too much of CPU, Update function is removed, Profiler showing Raycasting issue, need deeper profiling + animals pathfinding optimization;
-Tweaked billboards and LODs distance in Vegetation Studio, shows 190fps at empty island at some moments, no spikes (please, please, please) at the moment, I think I’ll leave this so hard found settings for release;
-Tweaked amount of forests a little for at least 20x20 battles, AI is still dummy at war declaration, tried to add resource amount float to the script, still dummy;
-Fixed broken horse hair shader, caused by moving to newer engine version;
-DoF effect on the global map still looks wierd, especially bu close perspective, tweaked a little;
-Added some additrional spring animation to players hands + changed fichting script to cause this animation after enemy hits;
-Fixed issue, when AI send its army to wrong settlement;
-Changed icon of an army on the global map;
-At the moment number of soldiers in the army is visible by default. Thinking to change this by adding some scout units. (Now or after release????)
-Added new icons to army tents in the building menu;
-Tested how AI sets up its tents during sieges, still bugged:( (IMPORTANT!!!)
-Tried to change army moving speed, that depends on Commanders perk;
-Tested "Search for iron" quest;
-AI still won't build mines on the iron chunks properly, tried to fix; (IMPORTNAT!!!)
-Tweaked "Go to place in building" script for better performance;
-Animals Update() still takes a lot ms, reviewed script step by step, no luck:(
-Tweaked position of fallen trees into the forests;
-Discovered that some fire lighting sources have shadows casters, removed;
-Changed default possible height of AI building script to fix the issue when house could be build on the water;
-Tweaked forest LODs distance for better performance;
-Fixed the issue when soldiers unoform was invisible in soldiers management menu;
-Fixed the issue, when ship stopped to bring new settlers (at least i hope it was single one);
-Tweaked lighting settings in caves a little;
-Discoverd that by some reason hands new hands animations speed depended on FPS (Unity 2019 feature/bug???), fixed;
-REturned shadows to NPS, performance is about 140-150 in landing scene;
-Tweaked trees textures resolutions (fron 512 to 2048), to performance issues, need more testing on various GPUs;
-Tweaked the distance for fire effects sounds;
-Tweaked fog effect distance a little, for close distance;
-Making new animation for bannerman, that holds the flag in the army (Add before release???);
-Tested melle fight again 1x1, AI animation smoothness needs more work, tweaked;
-Fixed bug when AI played wrong animation after death;

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 02:30:32 AM »
KINGDOMS [Weelky Devlog]
Fri, 13 December 2019

Greetings, lords and ladies of KINGDOMS!

This week can be really called as "Map's week" because most of the time i was testing, scripting, tweaking, balancing and fixing worlds map. It was quite tricky to combine all old map's elements (Orientation, diplomacy) with new added elements (Troops movemet, taking resources spots, making camps for troops etc.). Initially i made two separate map's modes (after M pressing and diplomacy one), that can be switched, but after endless testing i realised that such design just doesn't work as needed. So i combined these two modes in one to see the whole situation in one place: discoveries, kingdoms, troops movements, resources and diplomacy. And you know what? I'm finally happy with result:)

Also as you know from previous devlog i was making some changes in map's controls and navigation. This week i was polishing all this stuff, spend several days just to make maps look more or less acceptable - added DOF, chaged camera angles during zooming (most tricky part), changed some UI.

This week was really challenging and i really hope that we're closer and closer to so long expected release. Stay tuned, because i really wan't to bring you something special for this Christmas.

Cyfieithydd

•   Thinking of return old map in hand instead of compass, need to know your opinion about this, guys;
•   Map camera transition is now smooth enough when zooming camera in and out, tweaked;
•   Fixed issue when catapult refused to shoot during siege, because of wrong animation transition;
•   Removed dilomacy section from City Hall table, now everything in working on M, the problem is - the purpose of City Hall? The thought is following - staff can be hired with cityhall build, but this causes another problem - small villages can't be at war? Dilemma. Foe now, only large Cities can send armies;
•   Fixed bug when leader didn't hied general before declaring a war;
•   Added some randomness to AI's troops management - AI can change troops equipment in a random way, the problem here is to make smiths, woodworkers and traders to add proper equipment to City Hall chests;
•   Fixed issue, when settlement didn't change color on the map after conquest;
•   Fixed issue when resource location (iron ore) didn't change color on the map after conquest;
•   Added notification whenkingdom declares war to kingdom;
•   Fixed issue when unknown kingdom name was visible in notification;
•   Farms now can be build ONLY at the distance at least 500 m to the settlement - the reason is to make farm part of nearest kingdom;
•   Added backwards shaking animation to block movement;
•   Forest are now visible on the global map;
•   Tried to use unique music when on the global map, sounds good. The problem here is that player can open the map quite often, music change can be annoying;
•   Archers still don't want work as neededduring sieged, spend two days (!!!) trying to make those ... to shoot in the right direction, no luck:( Removed archers from the walls for now
•   Added date and time to maps UI;
•   Thinking to make representional icons for each NPS (CK2 style), tat can be used on the map, need good solution for generator;
•   Finally finished the script that makes UI to close after pressing ESC and NOT causing pausing right after, works fine;
•   Changed issue when player could save during crafting or sleeping (Causing critical save bug);
•   Fixed issue when time scale wasn't chaged properly for moving troops during sleeping or crafting;
•   Tweaked quests a little - only one quest from one person in the day. Imao, quests were a bit annoying at every dialog start;
•   Fixed issue when game time wasn't'returned properly after exiting global map;
•   Added DOF effect to the global map camera, it was quite tricky to make things riight here, because i wanted to make DOF depend on camera zoom parameter. (No DOF from high perspective, DoF at close perspective) + camera Y angle also depends on zoom, was working on proper formula for smooth DoF and angle changing;
•   Still working on issue when attaking soldier can pick up two targets in the city during siege (So some people stay unattacked);
•   Tried to all AI function to K-editor, to make AI leaders burn bandits shaks as well as player, no luck:(
•   Changed nain menu scene a but to match coming update, looks epic:)
•   Fixed issue when wolf could take players HP at larger distnace;
•   Removed some not used colliders NPC, to make pathfinder buld way to destination more proper;
•   Chaged camera tonemapping a bit;
•   Fixed issue when game didn't find saves location in MyDocumants with non-latin and non-cyrillic letters;
•   Fixed issue when road didn't start calculation properly after loading a save;

Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms

Started by AsidBoard Games Discussion

Replies: 1
Views: 1947
Last post November 18, 2015, 05:43:19 AM
by Asid
Total War: THREE KINGDOMS

Started by AsidBoard Games Discussion

Replies: 0
Views: 965
Last post January 10, 2018, 08:21:22 PM