Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: SAELIG  (Read 39336 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: SAELIG
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2021, 11:48:23 PM »
Update 31.1 - A sausage a day keeps the doctor away
Sun, October 3, 2021

Greetings,

Have a few new features and changes I'm working through at the moment, but for now here's a small update.

Brightness slider will now go higher.
Adjusted the base prices of some items.
Added Leather Boots to the game. Can be made at the Leatherworker, and will make you walk faster.
Some typo fixes.
Some automation fixes.
Adjusted the notifications you get when you start and finish work to make them less intrusive.
The AI should now buy fewer empty plots.
Fixed the map filter not working on some maps.
Alehouse tweaks for room renting.
People will no longer get full wages if they are sick and then heal before the end of the day.
A few navigation tweaks.

Have fun!

:)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2021, 11:49:37 PM »
Update 32 - Bows, hunting, and potentially murder
Sun, November 7, 2021

Greetings,

Welcome to another update.

New Bits
Bows are now usable.
Hunting. Deer and boars can now be hunted and then harvested. Just grab yourself a bow and away you go. As your ranged skill gets better you will have a better chance at hitting your target.
Bows can be used to attack people. Your ranged skill dictates your hit chance. This also means you can shoot people hauling carts and then rob their cart as they lay on the ground dying :)
You can now pay 1000s silver to import workers from outside of the map as long as the map population is below the cap.
You can now build campfires in the wilderness to keep you warm on your hunts.
Find dead trees around the map to scavenge for firewood.
Ivy growth on buildings.
New training dummies on every map so you can train both your ranged and melee combat skills.

Other Bits
Fixed a bug that would cause the player to get kicked into the Bunkhouse.
Tweaks to the tutorial.
Fixed a bug where if your player died, in some cases the heir would not inherent the money.
Detail tweaks.
When people move out of your rentals they should now take their stuff with them.
Meat Pies will now adjust their prices correctly.
New plants and grass have been used to create lusher forests.
New terrain textures should add a bit more depth and colour to some parts of the game.

Hope you enjoy! I'm glad to finally have bows added.

Cheers,
Atorcoppe.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2021, 04:13:12 PM »
Update 32.3 - Tweak master
Sun, November 21, 2021

Hi everybody,

Just a few tweaks in this update.

Tweaks to the health system. These tweaks should decrease sickness rates in longer games.
The AI will now properly buy bows.
Fixed an unlimited money exploit.
Disposable packs have been removed. When chopping firewood at a chopping block or breaking into a building you will no longer be given a pack if you don't already have one.
Travelling merchants will now work much harder at removing goods from flooded markets.
Mines should do a better job at generating stones when using simple vegetation.
Fixed a bug that would disable trees when loading a game with simple vegetation enabled.
A new 'Hunter' start for each map.

Have also renamed the game files from SΖLIG to SAELIG. This will cause you to lose custom settings, however all your saves and key bindings should automatically migrate over. Let me know if you have any issues with this. The reason for this change is to fix a possible bug that the fancy Ζ could cause in some computers.

Cheers,
Atorcoppe.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2022, 11:51:03 PM »
Update 33 - New Characters & More
Mon, January 3, 2022

Hello, and happy new year!

I hope all is well and you're having a good time.

New Stuff
New characters and outfits. More character variations are still to be added, but there are enough to start with. Clothing is now worn as entire outfits. Basic outfits are dictated by someone's job or status, more expensive outfits are made and purchased. Any purchased outfit is considered warm now as well. When you load a saved game from before this update your character will look different because you will be given a random new one.
New new game screen.
Monks are now proper people taken from the general population instead of being strange immortal entities. However churches can only hire men with no spouse or children, and they become celibate when hired.
Started working on a new camera mode for people who want a simpler camera. RTS Camera can be activated in options and it locks you to a specific top-down angle.
FPS limit has been added under custom graphics settings.
A lot of better animations to replace existing ones and new ones added for things that previously didn't have animations. (some old animations look a little odd with the new characters, but these will be slowly replaced too)
A new fighting system to replace the stabbing action. People with weapons will now fight back and the fight will continue until someone leaves, gets injured, ore killed. People will sometimes watch these fights. No legal action will be taken until the fight is over.

Tweaks
More information added to some notifications.
Notification sounds changed to be less annoying.
Health tweaks to make longer games more balanced.
People will now be better are storing stuff in their house if they're given something they don't need straight away.
Player buffs/debuffs/sickness icons are now shown at the top of the screen.
Tweaks to item and building prices.
Tweaks to sounds and effects made by woodcutters and miners when they are working.
Slight tweaks to your owned buildings menu.

Bug Fixes
Fixed a bug that would give the player free items at the trading post.
Fixed some spelling issues.
Removed dried fish from caravan resources.
Fixed some issues with loading games.

Windows 7 Saving & Loading
At some stage a bug with Windows 7 file system started happening which prevented listing saved games, which prevented loading. Me or no one else I talked to could find a solution so I have done a work-around. Basically if you're running Windows 7, if you save the game from the pause menu it will do a quick save, and then when you load it from the main menu it will do a quick load. This means that you will only have one save slot that is replaced every time you save. Autosaves will still happen as normal, but if you wish to load one you will need to go into the folder where the saved games are located and rename it to "Quick Save". It's far from ideal but it works for now.

More to come! Will keep you posted.

Much Love,
Atorcoppe.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2022, 11:35:01 PM »
Minor Update
Tue, January 4, 2022

Greetings,

I have been throwing up a few small fixes over the course of today, but this one has a couple things you should be aware of.

The load menu now has a button at the bottom that will open up the save folder, to make it easier to find when sending me save files. Note that this only works on Windows.
Fixed a bug that would prevent your backpack from loading when you loaded a save game.
People will only tend to wear cloaked outfits during winter, and strip down to something lighter in the other seasons. Ranger outfits and chainmail outfits also keep people warm, and these are worn all year round.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2022, 06:51:44 PM »
Update 34 - Just good stuff
Sun, 20 March 2022

Hello!

I'm still here, don't worry. Recently been locked inside like some kind of animal because my partner had COVID. But I'm extremely strong and powerful so I didn't catch it.
•   Fix - Windows 7 loading and saving should work as designed now (single save slot).
•   Tweak - Changes to the outfit that some people spawn with.
•   Fix - If you're tracking your kids they will no longer untrack themselves when they become adults.
•   New - The reason for a change in relationship is now displayed with the relationship notification.
•   Fix - Waylaying should now work again.
•   New - A new upgrade that can be applied to businesses which increases the efficiency of having multiple people doing a single task.
•   Fix - Employees wage should no longer get reduced if they're injured after work has finished for the day.
•   Fix - If a cart is selected while moving between markets, the prices of the goods in said cart should now update as it arrives near the new market.
•   Tweak - Your family can now choose to eat the more expensive foods you've stored inside you house, instead of just eating the junk food.
•   Tweak - Removed the need for your lovemaking partner to be fed and rested before they will join you for the fun times.
•   Tweak - Refinement of the loading screen tips.
•   New - An additional character variation for each base character, creating a lot more diversity. You may find that when loading a new game your character looks slightly different. Some new character variations will not apply to existing characters when you load, and will instead only start applying as children grow up.
•   Tweak - You can no longer die during the tutorial.
•   Tweak - The wage slider can now go higher.

My list of things to do is getting shorter and shorter and that's very exciting.

Cheers,
Atorcoppe!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2022, 01:36:59 PM »
Update 35 - Many things!
Mon, May 2, 2022

Update 35 Notes

Hello! I hope you're all well and happy. I've been working my butt off and after much development and testing (thanks the alpha team), I'm happy to be able to release this update for you all.

Coworkers will now develop relationships with each other as they work.
Character heritage. Each character is given a heritage which provides them with various bonuses. You will be able to choose you heritage during character creation. You can choose from Saxon, Angle, Briton, Northumbrian, or Dane.
 Wergild. Now if you are caught murdering someone you will pay the fine to their family.
 Have started rebuilding the loading system. Some of you may notice a slightly faster load time, however this is still WIP. Larger maps and big saves still take a while to load.
 Fixed a bug where building plots would not clear from your previous saved game if you started a new game.
 Fixed a bug where Small Carcass price would not update.
 Major performance and stability updates.
 Wood is no longer required to produce Firewood at the Woodcutting Hut. Instead it is harvested directly from the forest.
 You can now hunt foxes.
 There is now a chance for a random animal to spawn after you have killed one.
Tweaks to automation.
 You can now hide the UI using F1, and show FPS with F2.
 Added a countdown for when you are in the pit.
  Buildings will no longer automatically become your main house after you rebuild it.
Fixed a bug where AI characters with backpacks could flood the market with thousands of items.
 Bunch of new animations and animation tweaks. People no longer look like they are pooping when they haul a cart.
 Added a second cart to the Trading Post.
 Caravans can now only be used with Trading Post carts and require the 'Caravans' upgrade at the Trading Post.
 Fixed many character body and LOD bugs.
 Meat will now be added to your backpack when hunting if your main inventory is full.
 The Town-Reeve can now intercept crimes like a Watchman
Characters will no longer be stopped mid action if they are caught breaking the law. Rather they will only be stopped when they are intercepted by a Watchman.
 Some tweaks to the employee hire list.
 Fixed a bug where the building buyout price would not be charged correctly in all cases.
 Fixed a bug where the AI would not heal after buying a herbal tea.
 Fixed many navigation issues.
 Reduced the size of the game, which means this update will be quite large.

Hope you love all this. Please let me know if you have any troubles with this update. Best way to contact me is via the Discord channel, or email@atorcoppe.com

Much love,
Jamie.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2022, 11:46:39 PM »
Update 35.5 - More goodies!
Sat, 7 May 2022

Surprise! Another fun update.

Replaced backpack model with hip pouch.
    UI tweaks.
    You can now loot corpses.
    You can now filter items when you use 'Compare Markets'. You can either click on an item or search for items to filter.
    A new travelling priest who will preach in the middle of town and give out a very special miracle.
    Now if you have 5 or more buildings you will see some new filter buttons. You can filter your buildings by 'All', 'Houses', 'Businesses', and 'Storage'.
    People will no longer go for long walks at night.
    Your character will no longer freeze in place when getting confronted by a watchman. You will now be chased and if they do not catch you they will increase your bounty.
    Now sword or axe attacks on unarmed people will either wound or kill and can no longer miss. Combat skill level will only come into play if you're attacking someone else who has a weapon.
    If you fire an arrow at someone who has a sword or axe and it misses, they will now attack you.

Enjoy!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2022, 12:10:32 AM »
Update 35.8 - Round two
Sun, June 12, 2022

Hey!

So the first attempt at this update was a bust. The update worked at my end but then somehow stopped working once it was downloaded from Steam. However, this one should be better!

When both parent's die you will automatically adopt your child siblings. (you can abandon them afterwards)
    Tutorial tweaks.
    Fixed floating gravestones.
    Fixed bug where rentals would kick out their renters if you died.
    Fixed changing heritage when a child grows up.
    Tweaks to the walking/running toggle at faster game speeds.
    Further combat tweaks - two unskilled slobs won't just stand there hitting each other forever.
    Tweaks to triggers that spawn new families.
    The AI can now fully redevelop plots on the fly based on population and employment factors.
    When developing empty plots the AI will now put a lot more stock into the percentage of free workers before they decide what to build. So you may now find that the AI are a lot more conservative with their business building.
    Added new filters to you building menu.
    Bounties should no longer get out of control.
    Notification tweaks.
    Single characters will now prioritise talking to other single people.

That's all for now. Still working on the Viking implementation.

During the last few updates I've also been working on a Windows 10/11 app to assist with my SAELIG development. A while back I released this app in case anyone else wants to use it. Head over to www.atorcoppe.com if you're interested. I find it incredibly handy, maybe you will too. Keep an eye on my website has it has a list of things I'm currently working on for SAELIG.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2022, 02:13:26 AM »
Update 35.9 - Running out of numbers!
Sat, July 2, 2022

Hey!

This was meant to be update 36 with lots of goodies but I've decided to release it early and include fixes for some crashing issues. Thanks to the fabulous players who stuck with it and helped me diagnose their crashing issues.

•   Fixed two different crash causing bugs.
•   The player should no longer be interrupted with foraging, fishing, or hauling.
•   Fixed a bug that would destroy the contents of your leather pack on game load.
•   Added a new upgrade for some buildings that make them more fire resistant.
•   AI characters can now go hunting like the player.
•   Travellers can now go to alehouses and bakehouses to spend money.
•   Added building menu favourites. Now you can favourite any of your buildings and then filter by those.
•   Lots of font changes and improvements to general consistency of UI.
•   More empty plots for Essex.

Thanks for the support and help with this ever-evolving pile of code and love.

Cheers,
Jamie.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2022, 06:19:32 PM »
Update 36 - Major Goodies
Mon, August 8, 2022

Greetings friends! Ever wanted to live in the wilderness and be completely self sufficient? Well now you can.

Bug Fixes
•   Fixed a bug that would cause buildings to change their look between loads.
•   Hopefully fixed a bug that would cause a single character to have multiple character models at once.
•   You can now eat and equip items from your pack.
•   You can now warp your camera to a location when paused.
•   People should no longer stand diagonally when foraging.
•   People should now eat and consume medicine at home more reliably.
•   The hiring window will no longer reset your game speed when closed.
•   Fixed a bug where in some cases the first level of inventory upgrade would not do anything.
•   Character animations should now load correctly when loading a saved game.

Tweaks
•   The action label shown when you select a character will now update in real time.
•   The adoption window will now let you select the child to investigate them before you adopt them.
•   As a landlord, you no longer have full access to rental inventories.
•   ‘Case’ has been changed to ‘Peek Into’.
•   Eating will now increase your current health and immunity.
•   Big tweaks to UI and font consistency.
•   Your custom building name will now be used in notifications instead of the original building name.
•   Characters will now use herbal charms that are stored at home.
•   Camera panning now will take a second or so to get to full speed. This should make it easier to do fine adjustments to the camera position.

The Good Stuff
•   Thugs have been completely overhauled:
•   Table of skulduggery has been removed.
•   New building - Den. Can only be built in the wilderness and allows you to hire people to do your bidding.
•   Thugs have a new job title - ‘Hyrmann’.
•   Cart drivers can now fight back when being waylaid.
•   Waylaying itself has gone through some major changes - multiple hyrmenn can now work together when waylaying and the skill system for waylaying has been reworked.
•   Your hyrmenn can also be commanded to break into buildings, commit arson, and attack people
•   You can now equip an axe and cut wood from trees. Hold right click near some trees to get the option.
•   You are now able to do some productions at home based on the upgrades you have applied to your home. This is extremely handy for hunters who want to butcher their own meat at home.
•   Proper tooltips have been added to most things, including world objects (can be turned off or on in options)
•   New ambience and sounds have been added. You’ll now see things like fireflies, butterflies, and dust in the world that are time and season dependant (can be turned off or on in options).
•   New market models.
•   You can now access the Wiki (www.atorcoppe.com/wiki) in-game. Available on Windows only at the moment. The new Wiki is a WIP and I am slowly adding things as time allows.
•   You can now hold DEL to highlight all buildings, characters, and animals. This will also show them in front of trees.
•   Rebuilt options menu.
•   Camera rotation can now be done with left click (can be turned off or on in options). This is especially helpful for those playing with trackpads.
•   @Mac people: SAELIG now runs natively on Apple Silicon. I’ve been playing it on an M1 Pro, and it actually runs bloody well.

I’ve no doubt missed a few things off the list.

This is the biggest and most extensive update I have done in a while. I hope you love it. As always, your saves are compatible, but if you do experience issues with a save, please send it to me. :)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2022, 10:37:06 AM »
Update 36.15 - Tiny update
Thu, 11 August 2022

Just a tiny little update for the following

Fixed businesses offloading goods into houses
    Fixed an inventory duplication bug when dealing with outfits and your pack
    You should now be able to make leather in your longhouse

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2022, 01:23:08 AM »
Update 37 - Chats
Wed, 5 October 2022

Greetings!

Bug Fixes

Several navigation fixes and tweaks.
    Fixed bug where the compare markets button wouldn’t work for cart inventories.
    Fixed bug that would prevent you from dancing with people.
    Axes can now break properly when cutting down trees.
    Your business should now continue producing at the end of the day if you are doing work there.

Tweaks

Added a slight curve to skill training.
    Added some extra colour to markets.
    Bounties now don’t increase so much.
    People will no longer come chat with you when you’re tending to your animals or gardens.
    A few new animal sounds.
    Some new working animations.
    Confirmation for deleting saved games.
    Tweaks to illnesses on longer games.
    Less chance for things to catch on fire from internal fireplaces.
    UI tweaks.
    Gifting is not a lot more dynamic. You can’t make fast friends with a rich person by just giving them eggs.
    You can now do home productions while you have a job.
    Businesses will now send their highest level hauler to haul carts.
    Added cart menu to sheds.
    Bone breaking events are now less common.

The Good Stuff

Hyrmenn can now guard carts and buildings.
    Bakehouses and Alehouses now have a storehouse inventory which is where you place goods to sell them.
    Chatting, flirting, and supervising timeouts have been removed.
    Completely new conversation system when you talk to people. You can now ask questions to learn about people and discuss things. Each person now has an annoyance level so will become annoyed with you if you spam them with conversation, or say things they don’t like. Each person now also has a favourite food which you can ask about. You will get extra points for giving them their favourite food. Have a play with it. Kissing and lovemaking ties into this annoyance system as well.

I’ve no doubt missed a few things off the list.

Let me know how things go!

Cheers,
Jamie.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2022, 04:58:06 PM »
Update 37.2 - General Improvements
Sun, 16 October 2022

Hey there!

Just a small update today.

•   Fixed a bug that would prevent you from working at your Trading Post.
•   Fixed a bug that would cause UI objects to be selected when pressing Enter.
•   When typing, WASD will no longer move the camera around.
•   Fixed an exploit where you could duplicate items in carts using the Send To menu.
•   As a Town Reeve you will no longer gain corruption from declaring an outlaw, if that person has committed crimes recently.
•   Your newly built businesses should no longer auto-hire people.
•   Items are now automatically moved to the storefront when produced.
•   Conversations can no longer be had while the game is paused.

As well as a few other minor tweaks here and there. I've also been playing around with some new lighting in some scenes and added a surprise to the new character screen.

Much love,
Jamie.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2022, 05:14:15 PM »
Update 37.2 - General Improvements
Sun, 16 October 2022

Hey there!

Just a small update today.

•   Fixed a bug that would prevent you from working at your Trading Post.
•   Fixed a bug that would cause UI objects to be selected when pressing Enter.
•   When typing, WASD will no longer move the camera around.
•   Fixed an exploit where you could duplicate items in carts using the Send To menu.
•   As a Town Reeve you will no longer gain corruption from declaring an outlaw, if that person has committed crimes recently.
•   Your newly built businesses should no longer auto-hire people.
•   Items are now automatically moved to the storefront when produced.
•   Conversations can no longer be had while the game is paused.

As well as a few other minor tweaks here and there. I've also been playing around with some new lighting in some scenes and added a surprise to the new character screen.

Much love,
Jamie.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: