Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: New Zealand scenery for Flight Simulation  (Read 3094 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
New Zealand scenery for Flight Simulation
« on: June 26, 2017, 02:15:43 PM »
New Zealand scenery for Flight Simulation: Kickstarter

'Real New Zealand' flight simulator scenery for the latest simulators, including X-plane and Aerofly FS2

About this project
Currently, desktop flight simulator users are at the beginning of a long-overdue golden period, with new simulators, and updated versions of older simulators.

However as New Zealand is a small, niche part of the simulator scene, it is entirely possible that New Zealanders won't really get to see their own country represented in these new simulators, simply because there are not too many developers left here, and the market is tiny.

To fix this, and to give the best chance of a continuing development for all or most of these simulators, I'm putting together a project to evaluate each simulator, and produce 'Real' New Zealand scenery for as many as I can. 'Real New Zealand' has a particular meaning at Godzone, it represents the highest quality of anything I produce and normally includes a large area of photoscenery, plus one or more accurate, photoreal model of an airport within the area.

An example of this is Real NZ Dunedin, which was my latest release for FSX and Prepar3d. There are details on my website, but this represents the type of quality you can expect from this particular project.

The initial project area is not yet finalised, but I am working on the Southern Alps and Lakes, which is an area particularly dear to me. I have been working on a FSX/Prepar3d version, and have also begun on an X-plane version, which is shown in the video above. This will include a number of airports, such as Wanaka, Tekapo and Mount Cook airport.

Kickstarter: HERE
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags:

FLIGHT SIM 2017 - A RESOUNDING SUCCESS

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 3284
    Last post October 13, 2017, 05:07:35 PM
    by Asid
    Flight Sim 2017

Started by Asid

Replies: 1
    Views: 3617
    Last post July 11, 2017, 08:24:02 AM
    by Frankie
    International Flight Simulator Web Conference at 19Z today.

Started by Asid

Views: 3232
    Last post September 24, 2016, 05:55:20 PM
    by Asid
    FlightSimCon 2015

Started by Asid

Views: 5272
    Last post June 10, 2015, 05:36:19 PM
    by Asid
    Screenshots: Real World/Simulation