Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Field of Glory II  (Read 54580 times)

Offline Stardog765

Re: Field of Glory II
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2017, 10:37:32 PM »
Oh ya man Pike and Shot Campaigns is great!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2017, 05:17:12 PM »
FIELD OF GLORY v1.0.2 NOW AVAILABLE

Hello Everyone

Once again thank you for all your feedback, suggestions and issue reports and the 2nd update for Field of Glory II is now available
This addresses a number of requests made by many of you and fixes several bugs that have been reported.

The full change list is below some of the updates you might be most interested in are -
- You can now review the battlefield at the end of a battle
- Units that have evaded off map count as half their routed value added to their side’s rout %
- Close Order Warbands no longer get +1 Cohesion Test modifier for being Heavy Foot
- Bows can now shoot over other units if on higher ground

v1.0.2 is compatible with save games from v1.0.0
If you are playing a multiplayer game then both you and your opponent will need to update your versions.
This is a comprehensive update, you do not need to have updated to v1.0..1 first.

Options Note – after applying this update it is possible that if you have changed your mouse options from the default (e.g. to “Left”) that they might be switched back to “Left-Right”. If this happens simply go back to Options and change the mouse back to how you prefer it (you should only have to do this once after updating). We are looking into why this happens and are sorry for any inconvenience caused

V1.0.2 is available from the Members & Public areas (and of course you can obtain it by 'checking for update' when starting the game)

Members Area:
http://www.slitherine.com/members/publicDL.asp?gid=651

And from the Public area :
http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/FieldOfGloryII/FieldOfGloryII-UpdateComp-v1.0.2.zip

V 1.0.2 Update List
- You can now review the battlefield at the end of a battle, by clicking the “Review Battlefield” button in the victory/defeat screen.

- Added End Stalled Game button to MP lobby. This can be used to claim a game as abandoned if your opponent has not moved for 7 days or more in a non-tournament game.

- Added Download Community Scenarios button to Main Menu, with pulsing glow and text notification when new scenarios have been added since you last played the game.

- Close Order Warbands no longer get +1 Cohesion Test modifier for being Heavy Foot. We have chosen this instead of changing the size of the units, to maintain the character of the units, but better reflect their historical performance. Further tweaks are in contemplation if needed.

- Units that have evaded off map count as half their routed value added to their side’s rout % unless they return. Units that pursue routers off map don’t. (Note that pursuers chasing evaders do not follow them off map, unless they catch them and rout them before they leave the map).

- Stopped Side B from randomly sending flank march in Multiplayer custom battle games.

- Parthian army list tweaked to allow more cataphracts and infantry.

- Added some compulsory medium foot javelinmen to Numidian lists.

- Widened Roman autodeployments – this was previously an issue mainly with Large and Very Large battles.

- Bows can now shoot over other units if on higher ground.

- Camelry no longer shoot invisible arrows.

- Indian forest tribesmen now have their own distinctive textures.

- Fixed issue of MP games displaying script mismatch warnings when the other player has played his MP turn after playing user content scenarios with modded scripts.

- Fixed bug that stopped modded units with crossbow from shooting.

- Impassable river tiles now show as “Impassable to land troops” when moused over. (Previously only showed as impassable if a unit was selected).

- Added Global Mod functionality. When global mods exist, a button appears in the bottom left corner of the main menu screen – this brings up a list box from which the mod to use can be selected. Only one global mod can be in use at a time. See http://archonwiki.slitherine.com/index.php/Modding. Currently this only allows modded unit textures and squads file, and does not allow modded or new unit models or scripts to be included, so it is of very limited use. We hope to extend its functionality in due course. In the meantime the pre-existing modding system using custom folders will be more useful in most cases as it does allow everything to be modded for that custom module.

- Manual Clarification: Setting Rain or Snow for a scenario in the Editor gives a -50 POA modifier to all shooting except by javelins.

- Manual clarification: A unit disordered or severely disordered by terrain loses that disorder as soon as it completely leaves the adverse terrain square. (i.e. the unit is now in an open terrain square.)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2017, 05:01:41 PM »
Field of Glory II: Immortal Fire announced!

Centuries before the Rise of Rome, the Ancient World saw the confrontation between the City-States in Greece and the mighty Achaemenid Persian Empire.

“Play your part in the epic events unfolding during this era, including the conquest of the Lydian Empire (in western Asia Minor) by the expanding Achaemenid Persian Empire, the Persian Wars, in which the Greeks of mainland Greece defeated two Persian invasions, the subsequent wars between the victorious Greek city states, the development of a new military system by Philip II of Macedon, his conquest of Greece, the invasion and conquest of the Persian Empire by his son Alexander the Great, and his campaigns beyond Persia into India.”

Field of Glory II: Immortal Fire brings you 8 new factions (Achaemenid Persians, Etruscans, Antigonos, Lysimachos, Spartans, Latins, Lydians, Kyrenean Greeks, Thessalian Greeks), 10 new units (including the fearsome Persian Immortals) and 30 new army lists!

In addition, this expansion brings 4 new historically-based campaigns and one what-if campaign: Alexander the Great (what he might have done next if he had not died in 323 BC).

Will you rewrite history? Chose your faction and shape the fate of your people!

Get more information about the game from its official Product Page

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2017, 07:10:18 PM »
Thanks Asid, I imagine I'll be picking this up. Enjoying pbem games with FOG2,  a lot of momentum swings during a game makes it exciting.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2017, 05:16:36 PM »
Field of Glory II - Immortal Fire Release Date And Preview

The rivers will run red again with the new expansion of Field of Glory II that we announced last week, Immortal Fire, that will brings you 8 new factions (Achaemenid Persians, Etruscans, Antigonos, Lysimachos, Spartans, Latins, Lydians, Kyrenean Greeks, Thessalian Greeks), 10 new units (including the fearsome Persian Immortals) and 30 new army lists!

Now, we can finally tell you when you will be able to expand your army: Immortal Fire will be released next Tuesday, December the 5th!
And if you want to see with your own eyes what this DLC will add to the game, come hang out with us today on our Twitch channel, 12 PM EST / 5 PM GMT / 6 PM CET!

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 12:22:54 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline zakblood

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2017, 05:27:38 AM »
typo

November the 5th!

should be December the 5th :thumbsup :howdy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2017, 12:23:32 PM »
Thanks Zakblood. I didn't read before I posted.  :facepalm_smiley
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2017, 02:24:21 PM »
Field of Glory II Immortal Fire is out!

Bury my body and don't build any monument. Keep my hands out so the people know the one who won the world had nothing in hand when he died – Alexander the Great

War can have many different shapes. Sometimes, the contenders have dreams of power and hegemony that collide. Sometimes subjugated people have to fight for justice and revenge against their masters. Leaders summon their brethren and subjects into a fight for motives that only a future victory will justify.

Eventually, there is a time when different civilizations can’t coexist peacefully, and different visions of the World engage a mortal fight.
What side will you take, when destiny calls?

Field of Glory II: Immortal Fire, the second episode in the series that is bringing back to life highly historically accurate wargaming, is now available!

Follow the Achaemenid Persian Empire in its expansion, the clash between the Greek City-States, the epic deeds of Alexander the Great and the following wars between his generals after his death.

This DLC greatly expands the base game content adding 8 new factions, 10 new units, 30 new Army Lists, 10 new Epic Battles, 4 new historically-based campaigns and 1 what-if campaign!

In addition, the Sandbox Campaigns module has been expanded to include all 108 army lists from Rise of Rome and Immortal Fire.

Get more information about Field of Glory: II Immortal Fire from its official product page.

Do you want to know more? Don't miss the Twitch Stream today, 11 AM EST / 4 PM GMT / 5 PM CET!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2017, 02:38:01 PM »
Field of Glory II Patch v1.1.5
Field of Glory II - Muso;

Field of Glory II has been updated once again, bringing new a couple of nice updates you guys have been asking for!

v1.1.5 CHANGE LIST
• In all random map battles (except advance guard and rearguard scenarios), additional sub-generals can be added during deployment (after completing force selection) to make up the total number to 4 for Medium-Very Large battles, and at least 3 for Very Small-Small battles. The addition of a general to a unit creates a new command for group movement purposes – other units can then be switched to this command if desired.
• The AI similarly adds “supernumerary” generals to its own army if the initial deployment has insufficient, but does not alter its group structure.
• Added option in settings screen to turn off Idle Animations. This just turns off the wait animations when units are not doing anything. It does not turn off movement, shooting, combat or ongoing combat animations.
• Added “Pot Luck” terrain option for Custom Battles. (SP & MP). The map type will be chosen using the map set most appropriate to the opposing nations. Where these have different home map sets, the game will use the highest priority map set in the following list (highest to lowest): Tropical, Northern Europe, Mediterranean, Middle East, Steppe, Desert. This is loosely based on the general trend of historical invasions. Where the map set permits different terrain types, Pot Luck maps will be 70% agricultural, 15% hilly, 10% wooded and 5% mountainous.
• Medium Foot “Javelinmen” now called “Irregular Foot”.
• Campaigns: Reduced compulsory garrisons and increased optional garrisons.
• Campaigns: Corrected issue where player army was given too many reinforcement points when choosing option not to pursue with advance guard.
• Fixed bug to cavalry army infantry autodeployment
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline roy64

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2017, 12:10:40 PM »
What's the campaign like?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2017, 01:38:37 PM »
What's the campaign like?

Hi roy64

I have not tried the campaigns yet. I have only played single battles. I enjoy it a lot. Very atmospheric and easy to play. Hit has a lot of depth and is not beer and pretzels.

This game has received very good reviews and I am happy with it. A lot more DLC's are to come.

I picked up the new DLC but again no time........

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline roy64

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2017, 03:23:22 PM »
I'm thinking on getting the game because like you everyone else says it's a good game but no one mentions the campaign.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2017, 07:21:41 PM »
There are quite a few user created missions as well for free  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2018, 03:30:47 PM »
Field of Glory 2 v1.1.6 available
08 Dec 2017

Hello everyone

Field of Glory v1.1.6 corrects a DLC issue and it is now available from the following areas (and of course you can obtain it by 'checking for update' when starting the game) :

Members Area:
http://www.slitherine.com/members/publicDL.asp?gid=651

And from the Public area :
http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/FieldOfG ... v1.1.6.zip

v1.1.6 is compatible with saved games from v1.0.0
If you are playing a multiplayer game then both you and your opponent will need to update your versions.
This is a comprehensive update, you do not need to have updated to v1.1.5 first.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2018, 03:31:45 PM »
Field of Glory II v1.1.7 now available
08 Jan 2018

Hello Everyone

Thanks to everyone for the continued feedback and suggestions. All are appreciated. Although the team are hard at work on the 2nd DLC for FoG II there is a snall update availavble now

v1.1.7 is a small update the corrects two bugs and revises a few unit textures

v1.1.7 is compatible with save games from 1.0.2

Version 1.1.7
- Corrected crash bug that occurred when trying to create new MP challenge in 800x600 resolution and some other unusual resolutions.

- Various unit textures revised or added.

- Corrected minor DLC bug
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

BATTLE OF THE GLADDEN FIELDS

Started by Asid

Replies: 0