Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Dodosim 206HD  (Read 18544 times)

Offline FireRx

Re: Dodosim 206HD
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 02:24:11 PM »
Havoc,
Is there anymore updates on the progress.  Since the loss of hovercontrol most have not found any site with discussions from the devs on this.

Thanks, and Happy New Year ;)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2019, 02:37:54 PM »
Havoc,
Is there anymore updates on the progress.  Since the loss of hovercontrol most have not found any site with discussions from the devs on this.

Hi there

Yes, I will update this post shortly.

On another note, FlyInside are developing their helicopter model http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,6717.0.html

Happy new year to you my friend  :thumbsup

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline numavirte

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2019, 12:03:27 PM »
Havoc,

Hi there

Yes, I will update this post shortly.

On another note, FlyInside are developing their helicopter model http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,6717.0.html

Happy new year to you my friend  :thumbsup

Regards

I hope they are good news  ;)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 06:46:21 PM »
Update from Dodosim developers
07/01/19

I have been in contact with the developers for some time. I reached out after Hovercontrol went down. Below is one of the replies.

We don’t have too much news at the moment.
It has been a tough time recently with some unfortunate events away from work life but we are back into the swing of things.

The main programming has been rewritten in 64 bit for Prepar3d.
There is some detail work still to do but mostly the new graphics and model is holding things up.

The P3d V4 version will be based on our commercial/military training software – so it a completely different beast with zero speed autorotations and the rotors that are driven by air flowing up through them so you have to control Rotor RPM by pulling pitch through descents and manoeuvres so that you don’t get an overspeed.

The military in particular wanted to be able to model an engine failure in hover/hover taxi with all the clues and pitfalls. Always an impossible thing to do on the platform previously but Simon managed to solve it. And all tha has been transferred over to the 206.

We had a lot of those kinds of demands but we also had an army of the finest test pilots helping us - literally an army, navy and airforce 😊 able to jump between aircraft and simulator to get things right.

You may also remember we have another aircraft in the works that is a civilianised version of one of those projects. I’ve done the airfile and some of the graphics and Simon has done the systems, additional behaviours and gauge coding etc but there is quite a bit to be done to make it suitable for a public release.

Sorry there isn’t anything concrete to report at the moment.

We work on it when we can, in between supporting major existing customers, commercial work and so on – health and everything else allowing.

All the best

Mark Adams
Dodosim
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline FireRx

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 08:00:43 PM »
Thanks Havoc,
I was hoping to get her sooner.  It been years now without a real good ship to practice VRS management. Some of the newer stuff is not that detailed.  :(
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 08:17:11 PM »
Thanks Havoc,

I'm Asid  :howdy

We can wish  :thumbsup

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline numavirte

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2019, 01:44:08 PM »
Update from Dodosim developers
07/01/19

I have been in contact with the developers for some time. I reached out after Hovercontrol went down. Below is one of the replies.

We don’t have too much news at the moment.
It has been a tough time recently with some unfortunate events away from work life but we are back into the swing of things.

The main programming has been rewritten in 64 bit for Prepar3d.
There is some detail work still to do but mostly the new graphics and model is holding things up.

The P3d V4 version will be based on our commercial/military training software – so it a completely different beast with zero speed autorotations and the rotors that are driven by air flowing up through them so you have to control Rotor RPM by pulling pitch through descents and manoeuvres so that you don’t get an overspeed.

The military in particular wanted to be able to model an engine failure in hover/hover taxi with all the clues and pitfalls. Always an impossible thing to do on the platform previously but Simon managed to solve it. And all tha has been transferred over to the 206.

We had a lot of those kinds of demands but we also had an army of the finest test pilots helping us - literally an army, navy and airforce 😊 able to jump between aircraft and simulator to get things right.

You may also remember we have another aircraft in the works that is a civilianised version of one of those projects. I’ve done the airfile and some of the graphics and Simon has done the systems, additional behaviours and gauge coding etc but there is quite a bit to be done to make it suitable for a public release.

Sorry there isn’t anything concrete to report at the moment.

We work on it when we can, in between supporting major existing customers, commercial work and so on – health and everything else allowing.

All the best

Mark Adams
Dodosim

thank you very much for the news. I'm trying to imagine what a splendid product it will be. "the clues that make you understand that you could have engine failure during a hovering" ... wow, I'm not in the skin anymore. :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2019, 01:48:45 PM »

thank you very much for the news. I'm trying to imagine what a splendid product it will be. "the clues that make you understand that you could have engine failure during a hovering" ... wow, I'm not in the skin anymore. :)

No problem :)

I am looking forward to it as well...It has been a looooong wait  :whistle
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline numavirte

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2019, 01:52:28 PM »

No problem :)

I am looking forward to it as well...It has been a looooong wait  :whistle

I'm finishing the scenario of the airport where I work, just to use it with the 206 of DODOSIM. it's a very big job, but I'm hurrying. dreaming of seeing the 206 that flies above us  :winner
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2019, 01:56:26 PM »

I'm finishing the scenario of the airport where I work, just to use it with the 206 of DODOSIM. it's a very big job, but I'm hurrying. dreaming of seeing the 206 that flies above us  :winner

:needpics
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline numavirte

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2019, 02:14:36 PM »

:needpics

some screenshot
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2019, 02:16:36 PM »
Nice work numavirte :thumbsup

I look forward to being able to try it out  :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline numavirte

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2019, 02:19:56 PM »
the airport where I work is LIRV and is divided into operating part (airplanes and helicopters) and flight school (bell 206). the "flying school" part has been finished for a while, now the textures (and some buildings) of the operative part are missing
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2019, 02:25:35 PM »
Nice  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline FireRx

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2019, 06:56:03 PM »
wow, nice job, Will that airport be available for mass consumption?  Hi Again, Asid  ;D
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: