Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Dodosim 206HD  (Read 18545 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Dodosim 206HD
« on: May 25, 2017, 08:21:28 PM »
Beta screenshot (P3D 3.4)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Vyrtuoz

• Tacview
  • Tacview Developer
    • Tacview The Universal Flight Analysis Tool
Re: Dodosim 206HD
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 05:14:17 PM »
Looks like a nice update for – by far – the most realistic helicopter of FSX/P3D!
  • Who is working on it? Is it from the community or an official update?
  • Are there any high-res liveries to go with this?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Click.gif

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 05:57:20 PM »
Hi Vyrtuoz

It is an official project. There is no hi-res exterior at this point.

I have flown the DoDo for years and it is by far the best in FSX/P3D  :oldman rocks
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 08:50:58 PM »
Some of these are quite old but they are early work in progress

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 04:28:32 AM »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 04:29:45 AM »
Update posted by Simon853 Aug. 16 2017

Well, as far as the software is concerned, I'm almost finished updating it and adding everything I wanted to.  After that I'll start on the new manual.  So the dependency is now on the 3D model, but they are notoriously time-intensive and Mark's a perfectionist as we know. :)

I'm loathe to do a video showing new features using the old model since it doesn't matter how many caveats I preface it with, I'll still stumble across discussions elsewhere with people complaining it looks just like the old one! ;)

However, I feel confident that I can reveal a few of the new features:

1) Complete overhead circuit breaker panel.  (Not all work, due to underlying FSX/P3D limitations however, though I'm always looking for ways to prove myself wrong.)

2) Ability to map all cockpit buttons using FSUIPC's custom event feature (requires registered FSUIPC.)  This is one for the Simpit builders!  You will have set/unset functionality for all switches. No more mapping bizarre native keystrokes to cockpit functions.  (Which is good, because we've run out of unused key strokes to utilise.)  Plus:  If selected, a window opens when the flight loads telling you how those switches should be configured before you start.

3) Second sound set of band-passed sounds for a switchable "headphones" mode.

4) Another one for Simpit builders!  HD 2D instruments up to 4x the resolution of the existing aircraft.  So the panel looks much better zoomed to full-screen size when used in a hardware cockpit.

5) Redux's sounds, including better rotor, engine and starter sounds.

6) And yet another one for simpit builders!  Repositionable pop-up windows.  For simpits where the bottom half of the window is obscured by a hardware main panel, you can now get all the settings/failures,etc. windows to open where you want, and it'll remember it.

7) Saved flights now permit any configuration of switches and engine states.  So you're not limited to always loading cold and dark.

8 ) 64-bit Prepar3D v4 compatibility.

9) Golly simpitters, here's another: Integrated FSUIPC export.  No need to use our bridging utility to get the correct FSUIPC offset variables anymore.

10) Many minor tweaks to flight dynamics, rotor and engine behaviour.  All thanks to invaluable feedback from commercial customers.

In addition, though not particularly relevant to users, is that I've rewritten most of the code almost from the ground-up.  So it *should* be more efficient.  (But then PCs are considerably faster than they were back in 2007 when we had to squeeze every last fps out of FSX.)

As you can see, a lot of what we've done is aimed directly at out most fervent users:  Those strange folk who spend days upon end in their sheds hammering wood and wiring switches.
A lot of this has come directly out of improvements implemented after requests from commercial customers. But that's not to say there's not enough in there to keep the casual desktop fliers happy, I hope. :)

But - I cannot make any guesses at timescale.  It's not even begun 3rd party testing yet, and other commerical projects might come along that get in the way. (Not to mention life events, bingeable TV shoes, etc. ;)

Regards,

Si
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Vyrtuoz

• Tacview
  • Tacview Developer
    • Tacview The Universal Flight Analysis Tool
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 05:25:49 PM »
Sounds good to me! I believe this major update which will give us a good reason to fly again in a helicopter in FSX/P3D.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Click.gif

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 06:51:55 PM »
+1

It is the only helo I really used in FSX/P3D
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline FireRx

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 02:54:18 PM »
Any updates on this guys? :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 03:07:35 PM »

Hi FireRx

:Welcome to the forum

Unfortunately it will be a while yet.

Do you fly the current version?

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline FireRx

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 06:34:23 PM »

Hi FireRx

:Welcome to the forum

Unfortunately it will be a while yet.

Do you fly the current version?

Regards

UMfortunately no, I'm in P3D V4 so the only ships I have are Milviz for now.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 06:42:30 PM »
Hi FireFx

I sent you a pm  :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 12:42:06 AM »
Work In Progress.

This is a section of the new overhead panel.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 01:13:46 AM »
Work In Progress.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2018, 01:29:37 AM »
Update
Simon853
Posted: Sep. 19 2018

"The new version (v2) will be available for FSX, P3D v3 (32 bit) and v4 (64 bit).

"Soon" is a description I'd rather not use.  It's taken us far longer than we anticipated to do this major update.  (In many areas it's a an almost total re-write.)

So all the new v2 versions will have all the same capabilities for all 3 platforms.

I'm currently implementing a new radio stack, looking similar to the native FSX stack we utilised from the default 206 FSX gauges, but extending its functionality somewhat.  I'm also currently implementing a SAS/Autopilot. 

After that I've got some 2D panels to re-do with high-res bitmaps.  (Centre pedestal and a new fully-populated and working overhead breaker panel are done.)  Then we'll start software/3d model integration proper.  (We've done some test integration previously, but Mark's made a lot of progress on the model I've yet to integrate.)

So, it's all coming along nicely, if somewhat slowly, and we're confident that the new features, sounds and model  should make everyone happy!"

"FYI - When we're a little closer we will publish schematics of the panels and a list of operable functions so people can start planning their simpit upgrades.

(Since may of the functions now implemented do not have native FSX/P3D functions that have key bindings associated with them and we ran out of unused native key bindings to use in their place, a registered version of FSUIPC will be required to map these new functions to the custom Dodo switches/CBs, etc. since FSUIPC now supports binding of hardware buttons/switches to developer-specified custom SimConnect events.)

Si

Edit:  It's also my plan to create some videos illustrating the new features, how to configure and set-up, etc. nearer release to supplement the manual and drive interest.  (If you thought the manual was big last time - just you wait!)"
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: