Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Is pleasure wasted if you forget it?  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
Is pleasure wasted if you forget it?
« on: May 07, 2017, 02:51:36 PM »

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Frankie

• HAVOC
  • From Dogs of War to Pipes Of Peace
    • Frankie's Moodurian
Re: Is pleasure wasted if you forget it?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 05:40:01 AM »

The actual experience is for-the-moment and is temporal. For example, one moment I an enjoying Battlefront's Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord (year 2000), and the next, I am having fun with Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy (2011) with its one decade of better graphics. Both actual experiences are temporal. The memory of enjoying those moments is ... longer lasting, and therefore more important. The memory tells me that I had fun before with a 17-year old game's gameplay, and that means that at a different time and place, I could play it again to have a great wargaming experience. So you need both the actual experience and the memories that remain. Is pleasure of gaming wasted if you forget it? No, it is not wasted because for that moment your mind and senses is engaged in an absorbing brain-exercising activity. It releases stress and keeps your mind healthy and active. So nothing's really 'wasted'...except maybe...time... if the activity is excessive and takes more than is scheduled for.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 05:45:59 AM by Frankie »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

After the Dogs of War are let slip, let us smoke the Pipes Of Peace.

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
Re: Is pleasure wasted if you forget it?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 02:19:38 PM »

The actual experience is for-the-moment and is temporal. For example, one moment I an enjoying Battlefront's Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord (year 2000), and the next, I am having fun with Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy (2011) with its one decade of better graphics. Both actual experiences are temporal. The memory of enjoying those moments is ... longer lasting, and therefore more important. The memory tells me that I had fun before with a 17-year old game's gameplay, and that means that at a different time and place, I could play it again to have a great wargaming experience. So you need both the actual experience and the memories that remain. Is pleasure of gaming wasted if you forget it? No, it is not wasted because for that moment your mind and senses is engaged in an absorbing brain-exercising activity. It releases stress and keeps your mind healthy and active. So nothing's really 'wasted'...except maybe...time... if the activity is excessive and takes more than is scheduled for.

Very good point Frankie!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Tags:

Youtube ARA San Juan Event Analysis (Jive Turkey)

Started by Lumituisku

Replies: 1
    Views: 2144
    Last post November 25, 2017, 06:46:02 PM
    by Lumituisku
    Youtube PEOPLE ARE AWESOME | BEST OF THE MONTH (APRIL 2016)

Started by Lumituisku

Replies: 0
    Views: 2596
    Last post May 02, 2016, 06:06:59 PM
    by Lumituisku
    Youtube video - RC TANK BATTLE

Started by Lumituisku

Views: 2616
    Last post November 27, 2015, 12:44:54 PM
    by Lumituisku
    Hitler's older brother was in fact younger and died early.

Started by Asid

Views: 2288
    Last post May 31, 2016, 01:52:14 PM
    by Asid
    Youtube - Experimental Slat Plane! Unstallable wing?

Started by Lumituisku

Replies: 2
    Views: 2486
    Last post April 09, 2017, 01:54:30 PM
    by Asid