Translations for our friends around the world.

Scourge Of War

Author Topic: Using artillery  (Read 3840 times)

Offline Praetoria

Using artillery
« on: April 27, 2017, 06:17:25 PM »
I see 2 different ways to use arty: in the first case it's to dispose arty in a concentrate line of fire, at long distance, in way to concentrate all the fire in one point from a safe distance from the first line.
Second way is to move each arty unit in first line at close distance to enemy, so to give strong infantry support to advance, but at the same time with high risk to be capture by enemy's charge and particularly from cavalry.
Which tactis do you use in battle?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Beef

• HAVOC
  • Bellum Simulatis
Re: Using artillery
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 12:30:39 AM »
I keep my artillery back from the front line and try to place the guns where  they have a good field of view and can range the enemy batteries as well. I don't think I have ever used them up close.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 12:45:35 AM »
I assess the situation. It depends on the terrain and the distance to the enemy. Field of view is very important as Beef mentioned.

It is very important to have protection for the artillery....You never know when an opportunistic cavalry might appear or a brigade or 2.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 10:29:38 PM »
Preferisco, portare l'ariglieria molto avanti tanto da usare il cannister.Si ottengono ottimi risultai.Per precauzione, merro a difesa dl''artiglieria un battaglione di fanteria ed uno squadrone di cavalleria.Se vengono attaccati i cannoni dalla cavalleria o dalla fanteria, sono un po' protetti.Logicamente, i rischi sono alti, ma, come ho scritto,  si ottengono risultati sorprendendi.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 01:02:48 AM »
Preferisco, portare l'ariglieria molto avanti tanto da usare il cannister.Si ottengono ottimi risultai.Per precauzione, merro a difesa dl''artiglieria un battaglione di fanteria ed uno squadrone di cavalleria.Se vengono attaccati i cannoni dalla cavalleria o dalla fanteria, sono un po' protetti.Logicamente, i rischi sono alti, ma, come ho scritto,  si ottengono risultati sorprendendi.

Translated
I prefer to bring the artillery far enough to use the cannister. They get excellent results. For precaution, I am in defense of the artillery an infantry battalion and a squadron of cavalry. If the cannons are attacked by the cavalry or the infantry, I'm a little protected. Logically, the risks are high, but, as I wrote, they get surprising results.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags: