Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: D.O.W. Saturday Mission 11-4-15 4-7 Honfels Training V1  (Read 4890 times)

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
D.O.W. Saturday Mission 11-4-15 4-7 Honfels Training V1
« on: April 11, 2015, 12:08:00 AM »
D.O.W. Saturday Mission 11/04/15 @ GMT20:00

You can watch it live.  You do NOT need Steel Beasts.

D.O.W. Honfels Training V1 by Cougar11

This scenario is a simulation and does not have any political message.

Mission Summary :

Elements of the King's Royal Hussers (Prince of Wale's Own) is conducting combat training at Hohenfels Germany against opposing forces of the 1/32 AR and 3-8CAV from the US. Enemy consists of Bradley's and M1A2 SEPs. Move south east, secure the barracks, clear outlying buildings, and secure the enemy HQ.

Map

Excerpts of the battalion commander's (HAVOC 6) orders for...BLUEFOR (D.O.W.)

1) SITUATION:

a) Enemy:
   US 1/32nd Armor consisting of 2 platoons of M1A2 SEP, and two platoons of M2A2 ODS. US 4-7 CAV consisting of two platoons of M1A2 SEP, and two platoons of M3A2 ODS. They are actively defending the sector, and they have artillery assets.

b) Own:
                     The King’s Royal Hussars, Prince of Wale’s Own consisting of 5 platoons of Challenger 2, and two platoons of Warrior ODS will conduct training attack to the south west to secure objectives, and destroy enemy in sector.

c) Attachments and detachments:

None.

2) MISSION:

The King's Royal Hussars, The Prince of Wale’s Own will attack in sector to clear and destroy enemy in sector, seize enemy barracks, and secure the enemy HQ.

3) EXECUTION:

Intent: The Prince of Whale’s Own will attack in sector to clear and destroy enemy in sector, seize enemy barracks, and secure the enemy HQ. 

** Notes **
SB Version: 3.025 32bit/64bit
Mission Name: Honfels Traning V1
Created by: Cougar11
Modified by: N/A
Multi-Crew: Yes
Single Crew: Yes
Largest command: Company
Smallest command:Crew Position
Mission Duration: 60-120 minutes depending on players and progress.
Minimum number players: 4
Date: Saturday Mission 11/04/15
Time: 20:00 GMT
Time (local): http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150411T20&p0=%3A&msg=DOW+Saturday+Steel+Beasts+Meeting&csz=1
Teamspeak  IP: 216.22.24.158 , Port 9987
Room: Dogs of War

Player Skill/Ability:
•   Completion of at least 1 full tutorial of Leo2A5 or M1A2Sep, preferred also M2A2 and or CV-90.
•   Working knowledge of Comms procedure.

Dogs Of War Vehicles : (in mission)

Challenger 2
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Challenger_2

Warrior ODS

You can just listen if you wish by using Teamspeak. You do NOT need Steel Beasts.
Required:
Teamspeak Download (windows): http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads&type=ts3_windows_client_latest
Teamspeak  IP: 216.22.24.158 , Port 9987

All Unit Members Welcome, or by Invite. Ask in advance of mission.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 06:29:20 AM by Cougar11 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline RedWardancer

• HAVOC
I'll play the OPFOR
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 02:32:31 AM »
heheheh :D
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
Re: D.O.W. Saturday Mission 11-4-15 4-7 Honfels Training V1
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 06:32:47 AM »
Wish I could be here for this one, especially to hear people ask where their LEO or SEP is. LOL Should be a fun mission. I hope Asid CO's his Challengers, but no matter what, I hope he has a great time with them.  ;D And to Durham now you have your warriors in a mission at the same time as Challengers. Bring your British pride!!!  8)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 09:03:44 AM »
what time of the day there will be? Day, night? o.O   challys are more fun at day time.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 04:06:04 PM »
Wish I could be here for this one, especially to hear people ask where their LEO or SEP is. LOL Should be a fun mission. I hope Asid CO's his Challengers, but no matter what, I hope he has a great time with them.  ;D And to Durham now you have your warriors in a mission at the same time as Challengers. Bring your British pride!!!  8)

I like the diversity and depth of your missions Cougar. I know you put a lot of time and effort into them.

Thank you
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 04:07:01 PM »
what time of the day there will be? Day, night? o.O   challys are more fun at day time.

Starts midday 12:00
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 12:33:11 AM »

Recording of mission from CO perspective.  Mostly on map view so really.. really boring to watch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tt1r8zw3otqfvjz/Recordings%20%2822%29.mp4?dl=0
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 06:01:52 AM »
Thank you Lumi. Really liked it. You did well with your plan and actions dealing with things. All did well even though there were some high losses.  8)
Scoring is 500 for HQ, 250 friendly forces with penalty for each percent up to 250 pts, and 250 enemy forces for 100% destroyed. By watching the AAR you should have recieved 500 for the base, about 100 for enemy, and maybe 100 for friendly forces. total should have been between 650-800 from my position. You did miss about two platoons worth of enemy or 8 vehicles. Should be about 150 points awarded.

I see this as a victory for the Challengers. Good job everyone.  ;D
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 07:29:01 AM »
Lumi,

I am going to give my AAR from my perspective watching your video.
Overall I think you did a great job.
1. You had a plan and a sound plan at that from the start. You were limited in you units, and you made a decision on how to use them, and from the start would work. (remember all plans come apart the moment you make contact).
2. You decided to go with tanks up front, and based on the unit types I think that was a good idea facing armor company and CAV troop.
(Yes you could have used one or two warriors and their troops as scouts, and saved the rest for the town areas.)
3. When your units ran into trouble you maneuvered your forces against the enemy by flanking them. You consolidated your forces to put the most steel down range. Good move at that time.
(with that said you then left part of your sector open, failed to destroy all units in sector by doing that)
4. You had good control of the movement, and worked it well.
(yes the warriors could have stayed a little closer, and maybe that was due to the pace quickened after you gathered your forces)
5. When you ran into the units in the south, you tried to maneuver your forces. Good idea.
(you did not have the room to maneuver, and kept pushing. You ultimately did what a good CO will do and listened to your platoon leaders, and flanked. It would have worked if you had not lost so many units.)
6. (Use arty a little more)
7. (Over time you will learn better when to control more, and let units go more.)
8. (Always remember the overall mission as CO)
9. You did well
       A. Your unit leaders understood their jobs
       B. Communication was clear and understood by those that needed it.
       C. You devised a plan, you adapted your plan, you fought your plan, you succeeded with you plan, and you should always be OK with following through with your mission. You do what you can with what you have, and the information you have at the time you make them.
       D. Are there things to improve upon??? YES, but you did a fine job.  ;)
10. I look forward to you as a CO in ever increasingly complex missions, and your continued victories/learning/adapting as you learn. Here is to you and your future abilities as a great CO!!!!  8)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 06:28:31 PM »
Thank you Lumi. Really liked it. You did well with your plan and actions dealing with things. All did well even though there were some high losses.  8)
Scoring is 500 for HQ, 250 friendly forces with penalty for each percent up to 250 pts, and 250 enemy forces for 100% destroyed. By watching the AAR you should have recieved 500 for the base, about 100 for enemy, and maybe 100 for friendly forces. total should have been between 650-800 from my position. You did miss about two platoons worth of enemy or 8 vehicles. Should be about 150 points awarded.

I see this as a victory for the Challengers. Good job everyone.  ;D

Uh, I dunno. I don't quite see it in as positive light. But its still better than I hoped at the start. I mean I was prepared for worse.
We missed those tanks at the south west cause...  in my opinion we were combat inefective against them and I was rather sure that there would be tanks. I don't know why, but I had that feeling. So I focused to do what I saw to be possible to achieve, taking barracks and HQ. Even so... losses surprised me a big time.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

D.O.W. Steel Beasts Sunday Open Mission 24/02/19 @ GMT19:00

Started by Rinix

Replies: 6
    Views: 3349
    Last post February 25, 2019, 11:18:14 AM
    by Asid
    D.O.W. Steel Beasts Sunday Open Mission 28/06/20 @ GMT18:00

Started by Rinix

Replies: 2
    Views: 2573
    Last post June 28, 2020, 04:53:48 PM