Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: FSPassengers  (Read 19556 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: FSPassengers
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2018, 05:49:53 PM »
latest dev news - 12-06-2018
DanSteph

Continuing the manager, a big things to do. (see screenshots above)

Almost finished the pilot tab, unselected:

Pilot selected with some new values.
Here we see that James Demo, the default pilot for demonstration purpose is a complete moron with 53% performance only Sad
Can you make better ? Big Grin

Of course, you can change the logo, but a new button "download logo"
Bring you here below, and I'll ask the designer to make some NEW generic pilot logo:
http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=down...ogofromdll

Notice the new "Delete Pilot" button (wasn't possible previously)
But also the new "Dismiss button" that now HIDE the dismissed pilot as attended

The dismissed pilot doesn't appear anymore in the list and the "reintegrate" button will always be highlighted.
When you click on it the first time it make your pilot reappear ready for reintegration:

And you can rehire him..
I don't know if many peoples used this feature in the past, but at least it work now as intended, the pilot is "hidden" from your company.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2018, 05:52:06 PM »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2018, 05:54:15 PM »
latest dev news - 17-06-2018
DanSteph

I changed/edited more than 600 lines of code

I first changed the price dialog which needed some code change and one things after another I changed almost all the pax&services&economics calculus and added a lot of security stuff to make the code more error proof.

Pedro, I installed your database actually Wink and made some code changes because of it but I didn't look yet about income/fleet factors...
It's on my "todo" list.

The new prices dialog...

If you click on a slider a businessman advice appear and stay for 2 seconds or as long as you click. It will help you to make wise prices/quality decision.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2018, 04:51:34 PM »
Q. Will there be cross-platform compatibility for your company? Let's say I have purchased FSP for both FSX and P3Dv4.

A. The flight databases are compatible but I was forced to finally split the main directory to "FsPassengersP3Dv4". There is simply too much files that change.
So now we would have :
FsPassengers <-FSX
FsPassengersP3D <-Prepar3dv3
FsPassengersP3Dv4 <-Prepar3dv4

Now this is still an open question that I'll answer later when doing the installer : how to allow all versions to use the same database.
I can maybe put a redirection in V4 to another directory of your choice that could be defined at installation.
All databases files would be read/write from this directory.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2018, 04:57:03 PM »
latest dev news - 21-06-2018
DanSteph

Screenshot session...   ;D

Four days to redo completely the "prices" tab   :'(  Was a hell to do, I hate Laffer now Big Grin (Laffer is an economist)
But I've redone almost all the economics / pax advice to be much more realistic BUT simple to use.

Before this update the luxe/low cost company had no really meaning, now the quality and prices of service are taken in account by passengers for the ticket price. (Even if they don't consume products)

Let's see an example:

VIP Passengers think that $1100 for tickets is a "good price" granted that services are free and with an excellent quality, and they will have a positive opinion at the end of the flight (company reputation)

Now if you lower the product quality slider of VIP products (they will cost you less), evaluation texts change in real time.
With a lower quality of services, the $1100 ticket is now evaluated as "normal" (neutral opinion)

(Note: the "Market Studies" is for the VIP services: drink, sandwiches, food, because we are moving the products quality slider)

...And if you make them also pay the service, you can see that pax would be angry in the advice about the "quality-price of sandwiches (because we move this slider), and the same tickets price is now evaluated as "very high", they will have a negative opinion of ticket's prices at the end of flight, just because they have to pay sandwiches that have a lower quality.

high ticket price + high service price with a "normal" quality = Sick this sound logic.

With this new economic model, being a "low cost company" with paying service or a "luxe company" with free products have a real meaning.
Also you have a total control of what you want: boost the company reputation OR the income, or pax occupation, or a mix.
You can even accept to loose money to give an extra boost to your company reputation OR steal passengers money at the expense of your company reputation. (I recall that your company's reputation as well as number of flights made from one airport are taken in account for the number of pax that want to take your flight)

Here, you have the "ticket price advice" because we move this slider, you see your total income, the number of empty seats and the passengers evaluation.

Of course you'll have preset for those that aren't interested in price tuning.
And I wonder if I'll not add some presets like this :

Luxe company - boost reputation (less pax)
Luxe company - mixed (less pax)
Luxe company - boost income  (less pax)
Normal company  - boost reputation
Normal company  - mixed
Normal company  - boost income
Low cost company  - boost reputation (more pax)
Low cost company  - mixed (more pax)
Low cost company  - boost income  (more pax)

I have 2-3 days more work to control that everything is correct, make preset, take every case in account ("tour" or "acrobatic" flights) etc. etc.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2018, 03:48:55 PM »
DanSteph

Forgot to mention this important precision about prices/quality...

Of course the FIRST factor of passengers opinion at the end of flight is how went your flight.
We are pilots first, not supermarket manager.    :doubt

The prices & quality just modify "slightly" the opinion and it depend of the level.

If you have a flight rated 80%, you can have a boost at 84%-86% with good prices/services or a degradation at 72% with bad.
BUT
If you have a bad flight at 40%, you can have a degradation of 25% because of bad services. (on trip advisor they would say that the flight was bad AND the services sucked, so = horrible flight, horrible company. It sound logic)
But you can have a boost at 50% if the services where good. ("Horrible flight but at least the sandwiches where good for the price")

Because everything is now interconnected like this, it's harder to code, but much more realistic and logic.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2018, 03:50:13 PM »
DanSteph

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
About Release Date
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taking in account the time it took for latest development (see above) and what there is still todo.
Taking in account that I cannot simply leave things as they are and that I want a polished version...

Probability of Release Date of FsPassengersP3Dv4:
Before Mount and Blade BannerLord: 200%
Before Christmas - 150%
During September - 98%
During August - 85%
During July - 40%
During June - 0%

July is not "impossible", but if you followed the thread, you know that sometime a feature can take 15 days so the probability are very low.
It's possible that the alpha or maybe the beta test start end July, the earlier I have feedback the better it would be.
So If you want to help with anything (translation, doc correction advises on economics, report, dialogs) or simply beta test
check this thread or the Prepar3D forum from time to time, I'll pass a call for beta testers.

I'm sorry for the delay, but I have no life since month, I cannot go faster.

PS: My "evil" plan for the futur after the release of this version, is to try to reverse this version to 32 bit: ie, release a "FPSX 2018" and "FSP3Dv3 2018". But it would probably not be before end 2018 start of 2019.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2018, 03:57:45 PM »
latest dev news - 28-06-2018
DanSteph

For an early alpha I need some fundamentals that are not done yet...
For LM update I tailored my code so an update could be done in few days (if not hours) given that LM don't change too much core things (usually they don't).

I actually work on the first 4.0 version and so FsP3dv4 will be ready for all v4 versions since the first one.
I just hope they don't pass to a 5.0 version that you'll have to pay again before I release the 4  :doubt

Yet I diverted a bit from my "economic" rework (see above) to redo the "crewpack voice maker utility".
The old one is dated almost from 2005 and recorded wav are 8000hz 8 bits   :doubt
The new sounds will be 22050hz, 16 bits  :thumbsup (voicepack will be bigger but download size doesn't matter anymore in 2018   ;D )

The reason for this diversion will be seen in a few days:
I'll pass an announce in forums to hire some help including someone that will be in charge to find & manage voice actors to make new voicepack with better quality. For this I need a solid voicemaker utility and in anyway it needed to be redone.

The accounce is ready since two days on a firefox tab, ready to post once the utility is done  ;D

5am, time to go to bed
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2018, 03:59:54 PM »
latest dev news - 02-07-2018
DanSteph

Q. Is there any chance this version will have an autosave function?

A. Often requested, but not all aircraft save their data accurately and it would be bad to have a feature that may fail regularly.

-----------------------------------------
Latest news
-----------------------------------------

The VoicePack creator 2018 took a bit of time but it's almost finished now...
Soon in beta test here, keep your microphone open...  ;D (Created voicepack can be used in any FsPassengers version)

I've made everything to simplify the process and have better quality.
It can now run as standalone for "external voice actors", so we may see more voice pack done by users.
Once beta test completed I'll also hire a "Voice actors & sound manager" that will be in charge to find voice actors to record new quality voice pack.

This utility had to be done now so we have time left to find good actors & record new voice pack.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2018, 04:02:17 PM »
latest dev news - 04-07-2018
DanSteph

-------------------------------------------------------------
Beta testing of VoicePackCreator 2018 has started
--------------------------------------------------------------

Please see this dedicated thread for download & report:
http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18323

Much thanks for your tests  :cheers

Request: I was very frustrated on the FSP 2016 version  with the music, if i wasn't using the default music songs

Reply: Thanks, I'll put a note on my "todo" list to see that...
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

FSPassengers Discount for DOW members

Started by Asid

Replies: 1
    Views: 3505