Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: FSPassengers  (Read 19544 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
FSPassengers
« on: April 13, 2017, 01:36:48 PM »

FsPassengers is an add-on that will completely revolutionize the way you fly in FSX/Prepar3D.

Official Site: Here
Official forum: Here
Simulation: P3D/FSX/FSX SE

Single-player
Multiplayer

Click image

Trailer (2008)

About this addon
An FsPassengers flight starts with the loading of your aircraft
Once the flight starts, every piloting mistake you make will be tracked and stated in a post-flight report: G-force excess, too much bank, rolling outside landing strip, forgetting lights, flaps, seat belts, door opening during flight, excess climb or descent rate, and much more. If your flying technique is really bad, you can hurt your passengers, and in extreme cases you can even hear them scream from the cabin or trigger a failures (exceeding flaps speed for example will destroy them) ! Speaking of sounds, there are about 1200 sounds that you can hear in flight: co-pilot, hostess, GPWS, ATC chatter, music, sound effects, and many more.

When the flight ends you will see a post-flight report that will describe how the flight went. If you run a company you will be rewarded with money based on ticket prices, oil prices, distance flown, number of passengers, cargo weight, airport taxes and other things. If you crash, you will lose money (your insurance will have to pay the damages) and your company's reputation will suffer. FsPassengers also contains a lot of unique features never seen in Prepar3D. See the screenshots section to see some of them.

Flight database information:
•   You can continue your FsPassengers career (FSX or FS9) on this version. Flights Database is still compatible.
•   If you have both Prepar3D v2 and V3 you can fly the same career on both.

Pilot's flight log. Can you make such a successfull career ?

Here are just some of the features of FsPassengers:
•   Add passengers to your flights! Finally, you're not alone in the sky.
•   Passengers react to how you fly your plane. Hear them scream if you make drastic mistakes, and get their opinion of your flight in real time.
•   Provide in-flight passenger services such as movies, music, and drinks.
•   Make money for successful flights; be fined if you do something wrong.
•   Manage an airline (make money, manage aircraft fleets, etc).
•   Maintain your aircraft in good condition, otherwise you may experience unique and surprising failures.
•   Create and maintain pilot careers.
•   Keep detailed logs and statistics for every flight you make (great for virtual airlines).
•   Fly through dangerous parts of the world, and risk the safety of your plane, crew, or passengers! (Actual , 1944 or 1968 war situation)
•   Attendants, passengers, effect; listen to ATC chatter, music, GPWS, and more. This add-on includes more than 1200 in-flight sounds to immerse you in the ambiance of flight.
•   7 new complete voice pack (one German , one in French)
•   Three flight mode: normal, aerobatic, flight tour
•   40 unique failures with visual effect (smoke, fire) and sounds.
•   Export your flight to your Virtual Airline.
•   Doc and help in English, French, German
•   All screens and reports work in full screen. No need to quit Prepar3D.
•   NO impact on frame rate and still simple to use ! no complicated learning curve.
•   Flight database compatible with FsPassengers 2004, you can continue your career

370 payload models included, but you can load ANY aircraft

40 unique failures with visual and sound effects

Detailed flight reports: flight datas, pax opinion, financial reports, accidents, bonus, penalties etc.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
FSPassengers Update P3DV4
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 12:41:37 PM »
News about development 15 March 2018

From the developer

"Things start to look good, almost all menu work:

Release is still planned for spring, I hurry up, but I cannot really plan how much time take some problems.

Why it takes so looong ?

First 2017 was a "hell year" for me and my family ("shit happens"), we had all sorts of bad news and events which kept me away from dev some month during fall of 2017, but now it's almost solved and we still stand together, stronger than ever. (I'm married with two teen children.)
I'm deeply sorry for this delay.

Second, FsPassengers required a lot of "hack", direct access to code in memory as said in the first post, it's not possible anymore so I have to find workaround. Last x86 to x64 porting lead to some ... surprising problems as for example floating point precision which require a careful check (there are 1954 lines containing one or more float variable)

Stay tuned, I'll post some news almost every 15 days from now...

Cheers, "
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: FSPassengers
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 12:12:08 AM »
-----------------------------------------------------
News about development 3 April 2018
-----------------------------------------------------

From the developer

First thanks for all kind (and others Wink ) messages.
As said above I'll post at least some news every 15 days (and probably more and more frequently as release approach)

Visually, there is not much to report but internally there were huge progress.

One major hack (changing payload and fuel in memory) work now:

The mini panel is now fully functional.

A lot of other stuff & code were fixed but it's too technical to report here.

As promised you'll be able to continue your FsPassengers career (fs9, fsx, p3d v2 or v3) on P3d v4 version.
I think I'll install FsPassengers for Prepar3D v2/v3 and v4 in the same directory "FsPassengersP3D"

DLL and others mandatory files will simply have a different name (FsPassengersP3D.dll and FsPassengersP3Dv4.dll)
and you have only one folder for flights database, payload models, sounds and customisation.

I'll update V2 & V3 after the release of the V4 so I can fix minor confusing stuff (uninstalling, utilities programs)

Cheers,
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 03:01:12 PM »
Informal news... sort of "dev blog"... Wink
DanSteph 13/04/18

FsPassengers is the only addon since flight simulator 2004 to offer the possibility of "belling landing" (landing without wheel and sliding without crash) You can see it in this (old) video:

This "hack" is very complicated, I should find all the wheels in memory (dynamic) to control them directly, find the contact point, copy them on my own memory, deallocate the original, change the original pointer to my memory and redefine new "contact" point with ground.
I hope they didn't changed too much things for the V4 else it can take me several days (or worse).

The first step is the direct control of the wheels (so I can block one or all in any position).
Success (image below), and I cleaned the original code as well.

In reality landing gear failure is not uncommon, you can find a lot of video of real aircraft landing without one or more wheel on youtube:
https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+...ar+failure

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 03:02:29 PM »
Speaking about Idea
DanSteph 13/04/18

There is a looong time that I think about allowing to purchase stuff to customize the interior of your aircraft.
more comfortable seats, multimedia electronic, phone by sat, cabin decoration etc. etc.

You'll loose some money but it can give you a "pax waiting at gate" and "pax happiness/company satisfaction" boost...
You can then raise ticket price to payback/gain more money or choose to boost company's satisfaction.
The main problem is the interface to purchase stuffs, it should be clear, simple and appealing but as I plan to redesign a bit the dialogues it might be time to do it.

What you think about this idea ?

http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18097&pid=165460#pid165460
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 02:00:55 AM »
Dev post
DanSteph 14/04/18

After hours of work I just got this below  ;D (See my note here: http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18097&pid=165455#pid165455)

No crash it work and slide on ground with a nice metal sound. Belly landing is almost okay on P3Dv4... (you have also "tire blow" and "two green only landing" failures)
Of course I must now check, cross-check and check again my code. Touching the memory is very sensitive...

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 02:01:48 AM »
Dev post
DanSteph 15/04/18

Still checking code, testing belly landing, reloading, testing...sorry there will be a bit delay with reply (maybe tomorrow)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 06:49:18 PM »
News about development 17 April 2018
DanSteph 17/04/18

Sorry for the lack of reply, I read all your messages, log in my TODO what I find interesting but discussing about it and why I take your suggestion or not would take too much time. As said above, the first release might be roughly the same version than v3 because I'm very late. I'll start to add new "TODO" feature once released. (If you don't deactivate this option you'll be warned when a new version is out when you start a flight)

I catched a bad flux this week-end, I'm sweating like a pig, feel stoned and make nightmare about code lines flying around me Smile
Remember to NEVER kiss your daughter that have a flux....   Rant 

Anyway, I checked carefully the "belly landing code", seems ok now.
I'm also done yet with the "Tire explosion at landing".

Utility
I made a utility to grab all the ICAO/airport from BGL for FsPassengers's configuration file but I don't have any scenery addon in my Prepar3D.
Yet it find 24502 airports.

You can try it if you want, if you have a better list maybe we can use it for v4 ?

Download the zip: http://www.fspassengers.com/FsPassengersMakeICAOConfigFile.zip
1-unzip the exe in "Prepar3D/scenery"
2-right click "run as admin" (not necessary on my windows 7 64 but I'm not sure about windows 10)
3-Launch... list is created next to the program, you can delete the files if you want.

(One good idea would be to provide this utility with FsPassengers, so everyone can recreate a list based on his installation)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 06:47:51 PM »
News about development 24 April 2018
DanSteph 24/04/18

For those that watch often: I'm still working on BGL/GPS airport information as stated above.
There is a lot of code to add/change but it will add a nice new feature in the first release of FsPassengersP3D v4.

More info with screenshot within one/two days.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 06:49:18 PM »
News about development 26 April 2018
DanSteph 26/04/18

Pweeeee.... those BGL didn't surrender without some hard fight...  Doubt
The unofficial documentation is... well, not very clear on some points. (there is no official doc)

Anyway, I just solved my problem, it work ! Flower
Time to go to bed (3am) Tomorrow I'll clean the code from all my dirty test and continue
with the interesting part. (screenshot about this part incoming I hope tomorrow)

Quote:
    Will there likely be any difference to the UI Dan in the p3dv4 final version?

As I'm late, the goal is first to make a quick release, so the basis will be *almost* the same.
Once the first release done I'll continue to work and within one or two month there will be more features in updates.
This said, the dialog are easy to modify, so yes, most of them will be modified for the first release.
Bigger, cleaner, easier to use and with some news stuff.

Quote:
    Is there a release date planned?

The last days are a perfect example of the difficulty to give a release date.
When I started I thought that this feature would take me three days maximum, then I had some problems
and it finally took me 9 days and it's still not finished. 1/3 of one month almost gone... (and I don't sleep much)
On the other hand, sometime one might have some good surprises.

Core, dialogues, documentation, utilities, text, language translations, beta test, bugs that may be revealed by test and various fix.
I would say do not expect it before 2 month but stay tuned (or subscribe to this thread).

Quote:
    You may add me to the list of testers too

Sorry mate, the list is not open yet. I don't want to maintain a list that might be outdated at test time.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2018, 10:49:32 PM »
News about development 28 April 2018
DanSteph 26/04/18

Screenshots time Smile (for more news and release date see just above)

Presenting to you the new "Airport Database", new size, new search field, new button, new features.

It's not anymore a "price information only database", but a very quick and Useful Airport Database (that may save your life )
(the text formatting may change in the final release, I'll take your remark in account for this)

New information: the distance from your current location to the airport found, you can sort the list by ICAO, country, airport name or Distance. The display is still "light speed" fast, a search by any criteria take less than 100ms.

New feature, the button "show airport around my position" that display all airport in a 200 km range, here sorted by distance.
Useful if you need to quickly find a close airport for an emergency landing (you still have the descent calculator in the flight menu)

New feature: A complete display of all useful data from airport
Position, altitude, com frequency, runway, surface and ILS etc.

(the text formatting may change in the final release, I'll take your remark in account for this)

Another big airport, KSFO:

You can also search by longitude and latitude (decimal, not DMC)
If the coordinate are really close from an airport it will return this airport:

... else it will return a list of closest airport with a help text:
(The distance shown is from your current location, here my aircraft is still in germany)

The database include by default all the 24500 airport of Prepar3D (Maybe much more if a tester have a lot of third party addon with more airports.) But if you add a scenery with an unknown airport, you'll need to refresh the database to include it.
This utility available in the default installation will be present in menu and various place so it's easy to locate and launch.

It scan and refresh the airport database in a few seconds:

Completed in 1.13 seconds. Database refreshed
    Nbr of airport found: 24502
    Nbr of runways found: 30653

(Okay I cheated, I launched it two time : ) but if the BGL files are not in disk cache it take about 5 to 10 seconds at most )

PLANNED feature - (This is NOT done yet, I edited the image to show how it might look like.)

When you start a flight, you'll be able to enter up to two airport ICAO so you can print a manifest will all the required references.

Notice: I just finished the display (5AM) it may not be perfect yet, you are welcome to make any remark or if you see a typo in the various text.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 01:47:10 AM »
News about development 28 April 2018
DanSteph 03/05/18

Today's Progress:

I fixed the Airport database creator, I wait the feedback of Pedro to post the new version here also.
I removed completely the Prepar3D GPS that was slow (>2 seconds sometime) and that I suspected to trigger some problems on some systems.
Now FsP use the new airport database which take less than 5ms to find an airport by location.

After that I worked mainly on effects today, all are back including Flak, fuel leak, oil leak, engine fire, flak hit etc. etc.

"War zone" will finally be back Smile
What's the purpose of war zone would some say ?

First for the lulz of flying between explosions, being hit and manage damages.
Second it's an excellent way to boost your pilot's career, if you land (or belly land) safely an aircraft with massive war damage you can gain as much as 3000 pilot points in one flight.

Here a testing loop of effects to "stress" them (not a FsP flight)
It's better with sound and animation.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2018, 12:07:20 AM »
Latest news 4 may 2018
DanSteph

Can you please test this tool (again) ?
For those that don't know, this tool create the airport database
for GPS and such feature, see screenshots gallery:
http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18097&pid=165522#pid165522

Testing RefreshAirportDatabasev4.exe

You should have FsPassengersP3D installed and Prepar3D v2.5 or v3 (for test on Prepar3D v4 see below)

1-Download http://www.fspassengers.com/RefreshAirportDatabasev4.zip
2-Unzip in C:\Users\Public\Documents\FsPassengersP3D\Utilities\  (Next to "AircraftBrowserP3D.exe")
3-Launch RefreshAirportDatabasev4.exe
4-Dont mind the warning about "missing FsPassengersP3D v4, click "yes"
5-Report if working or Post the log if error(click Open log button)

If you want to test also on Prepar3D v4 (as in the final version)

1-go to "C:\Users\Public\Documents\FsPassengersP3D\Bin"
2-Copy the file "Prepar3DPath.cfg"
3-Rename the copy "Prepar3DPathv4.cfg"
4-Open with notepad.exe and edit the path to your Prepar3Dv4 installation (in my case "P3DROOTDIR=O:\Prepar3D_v4")
5-Launch utility and report as above.

Much thanks  :cheers

Once completed to make a complete cleanup you can delete:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\FsPassengersP3D\Bin\Prepar3DPathv4.cfg
C:\Users\Public\Documents\FsPassengersP3D\Bin\IcaoDbFspV4.db
C:\Users\Public\Documents\FsPassengersP3D\Utilities\RefreshAirportDatabasev4.exe
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2018, 09:12:54 PM »
Latest news  8 may 2018
DanSteph

An hard one: changing ATC calling sign (In FsPassengers it take your flight number as in reality).
The possibilities to change the callsign exist with the SDK but none work since FSX, so one has to use a "different" way.

With this latest one I think I have now back all the "specials" functions of FsPassengers like this one.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2018, 09:16:09 PM »
Latest news  9th may 2018
DanSteph

How close?

99% of all special functions... Wink
I can do yet a complete FsPassengers flight with all the features but the final is not close to release.

Now I'm working on several internal improvement, something that will
improve the robustness and simplicity for future update. You'll not "see" the result
but it will pay on the long term and it should be done.

After that I'll rework several dialogs, add some "simple" features and visual improvement (for the first release, more to come in future update).
Then rework all the utilities for x64.
Then rework the installer..
The docs & texts.
The translations.
Sounds & musics
Upload and fix the beta test website (with forums dedicated to bug report with tags etc)
"Hire" beta testers
Beta test
Bug solving session
Rework the website for the release
Release...

Anyway I work day and night even the week-end without stop.
One step after another....

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

FSPassengers Discount for DOW members

Started by Asid

Replies: 1