Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: FSPassengers  (Read 19539 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: FSPassengers
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2018, 09:17:10 PM »
The career saved in previous versions, is it compatible with the new version?

DanSteph
"Yes without problems from p3d fsx or fs9 version.
About backward compatibility it's a bit different, a FSX or P3D database returned back to fs9 will work but miss some numbers in reports.

I plan in the future to extend a bit the database (renaming company or pilot for example, adding more fields for the aircraft equipment feature) but I'll always take care to maintain the compatibility."
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2018, 08:37:09 PM »
latest dev news - for those that have any interest in coding (and sleep) 13-05-2018
DanSteph

"6 days banging head period   :banghead ... not uncommon but a bit frustrating, let me explain.
I search since 6 days to improve some stuff that cannot be done by the normal Prepar3D SDK.
I tried countless solution... none worked. Sometime it failed just by a tiny margin.
I'll improve them a bit, but it's not the "miracle" solution that I searched.

However as in science, a negative result is still a valuable result: I learned useful stuff about the
code of Prepar3D and this may help later or open new possibilities.
Anyway, I fixed also some utilities and found some new resources that I can use.

Thanks for support message, I'm more then ever excited and passionate.
(My sleep is now totally broken Big Grin 2 hours here in the morning, three there in the afternoon...) "
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2018, 10:24:25 PM »
latest dev news - - screenshot time 17-05-2018
DanSteph

Beside other work done, here's a visual one.

FsPassengers is all about reports and feedback.

This is for example the report of the previous version:

This is the new one for FsPassengersP3Dv4 (Let me know if you want it even bigger)

A new setting...

...allow you to choose the font and size for the Help text and the various Reports:

When choosing a setting you have a little preview:

And so you can customize a bit the report look. Notice that you have an "immediate font size" selector.
This setting will be remembered, here we have Calibri +2

Arial +3

Arial -2

The other setting is for the various in-game help text as the "welcome". (I'll change the welcome text, I find it now too verbose)

The new general setup, with a help text defined to Calibri +1

There is only two Fonts: Arial and Calibri, many other font completely mess the presentation of the reports.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2018, 10:27:50 PM »
latest dev news - - Continuing dialog redesign... 20-05-2018
DanSteph

Previous version:

New version:

The Graal: 800 hours of flight minimum with also good pilot points.

What about an additional text for this last rank ?

"You completed the game"
"You completed the master challenge"
"You mastered the game, this is the top rank"
"You da boss?"   ;D

EDIT: I'll do a special screen , very different for C23 flying legend... I'ts too sad to "end" the game with a rough message that look like all others.

I redesigned a lot of other dialogs, but taking screenshots take time as I must also cheat the code to have most screen.

Lets go a bit technical for our pilots AND coders out there...

Full compilation still give me 419 warnings ouch ! (It was several thousand at start)

This is because the size of the variable type are not the same in 32 bits and 64 bits.
Also some functions doesn't return the same type as previously.

Most warning are not serious, it will not crash or do anything odd but I'll have to check them carefully one by one and cast or change to the proper type so it end with zero warning.

And this is my work desktop with FsPassengers... 2560x1440 144hz, C++ Visual Studio, many custom tools and shortcut at bottom.
Most sources (~250) are hidden in subdirectory on the left panel.
In the center the function is the window's callback for the ICAO database dialog Wink

Edit:
EDIT: I'll do a special screen , very different for C23 flying legend... I'ts too sad to "end" the game with a rough message that look like all others.

I redesigned a lot of other dialogs, but taking screenshots take time as I must also cheat the code to have most screen.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 11:23:03 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 11:25:07 PM »
latest dev news - 20-05-2018
DanSteph

ets go a bit technical for our pilots AND coders out there...

Full compilation still give me 419 warnings ouch ! (It was several thousand at start)

This is because the size of the variable type are not the same in 32 bits and 64 bits.
Also some functions doesn't return the same type as previously.

Most warning are not serious, it will not crash or do anything odd but I'll have to check them carefully one by one and cast or change to the proper type so it end with zero warning.

And this is my work desktop with FsPassengers... 2560x1440 144hz, C++ Visual Studio, many custom tools and shortcut at bottom.
Most sources (~250) are hidden in subdirectory on the left panel.
In the center the function is the window's callback for the ICAO database dialog  ;)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 11:30:08 PM »
latest dev news - 24-05-2018
DanSteph

------------------------------------
Latest dev news
------------------------------------

(PS: I'll reply to your last messages this night...no time yet sorry)

Continuing the dialogs design. Take in account that for EACH dialog I often change a lot of code
to make it more proof, more clear, more simple, and with sometime new features.

First a "Nobody-read-the-doc-Sad"  modification...  Smile
Now the "Set destination" dialog of the payload dialog have a quick reminder integrated:

The "Flight & Aircraft setting" is much more clear:

For comparison this is the previous version, confuse, small:

Now the passengers list have the luggage weight separated, it's calculated given your aircraft weight
so in big airliner pax have more luggages than in small one:

Now you can also edit pax weight and luggage weight, you can take your whole familly aboard with the correct data.
Notice how wife always take a huge amount of luggage...  Big Grin
Without joke, it allow bush pilot to carry pax with special luggages, tents, scientific, hunt etc.
(You can also put them in cargo bay)

Edit: wife laughed at my joke, wife is cool...  Smile
daughter weight 3kg more for real, daughter was  Cool

For comparison this is the previous version, no weight edition, no luggage weight:

"The payload model not found" dialog is less verbose and more clear...

For comparison this is the previous version:

Now about the "Select Aircraft - restore position" which is a feature that allow you to continue your flight from the last position where you landed or bought the aircraft...

Now the dialog allow you to set a precise date. The scenery and aircraft will be reloaded but at the date of you choice.
By default if you have the "Use real world date", the date in the selector is the current one...

... but if you choose the "flight simulator date" setting that allow you to fly in the past or the futur:

When you select an aircraft, the date set in the selector is the one of the flight sim scenery.
You can continue your flight the year you left your aircraft. Usually all fleet date would be consistent if you fly with this setting.
(ie: All your aircraft in the 1900 era, notice also that text and help are adapted with the date setting, see red arrow)

Of course, you can select another date and "warp time" when you restore a scenario. (from 1901 to 2200)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2018, 11:33:30 PM »
Time for some replies...
By DanSteph

First, please folks, when you quote my post, remove the image and keep only the quote you want...

spilfred
        Please Dan, consider the option to choose separated TA on Departure airport and arrival airport. Here in Brazil each aerodrome have diferent TA.

Often requested, but very complicated to do and way off for the majority of pilots who are not aware of complex SID/STAR/TA procedures.
    I mean it's a call for a lot of malus points because of not respecting the TA.

Rola
        1-I use FSP with my virtual airline (TAP), they have Airbus 319 320 321 330 340  and all models have textures for each individual aircraft.
        For example: A319 ( CS-TTA – CS-TTB CS-TTC - CS-TTD -CS-TTE -CS-TTF) and so on.
        To have an entire fleet I have to “Buy” all aircrafts, I will never have enough money to do so.
        My suggestion  is: Is it possible to “Buy” a acft model (for ex A319-200-GE) and  FSP recognize  all textures of this Model as the “same”?

In reality an aircraft  paint is about $100'000 to $300'000 for an airliner, take 15 day to complete and last 6 to 8 years so they are different aircraft. This is a special need, what you can do is maybe write a batch that switch *.cfg file prior to flight ?

Rola
        2- Is it possible to “edit “ the flight number when starting a flight ? (to match with the real VA flight ID)
        It´s always a random number.

Yes, look the screenshot above "flight and aircraft setting".

Rola
        3-Is it possible to “move” the mini-panel to another monitor different from the main monitor.

I noted this bug in my "todo"....

twingray
        I know that you are hard at work converting to the P3dv.4.  I hate to ask when its gonna be done cause I don't want to rush you are anything.  I'm just curious of an estimate you think it will be ready by.  If must need I will donate so you can hire some help for your team to help you out.

I sent mails yesterday to hire professional for the website part. (would be 2-3 weeks work for me and 2-3 week delay for the release)
    I would like to hire a graphist a sound designer and some peoples to make new voice pack.
    BUT By experience, it's hard and it's time consuming to find the right peoples that understand immediately your need and deliver a proper and well done job at first or second try with only a few instruction. Sometime you end spending more time monitoring them or correcting their job than doing the job yourself...

Last time on 10 request for (paid) voicepack and with a few hours of mail exchange and explanation:
    2 where badly recorded, unusable. 2 where off by the text (wrong text), 3 where very bad acting "ooh no we're going to crash", with the same voice as "we should buy milk" and I had to correct the level of the 60 wav for the last three because they didn't verified anything before recording... Very depressing... :sad: (and time consuming). I don't mind paying at all, I mind loosing my time.

And sometime you find the "graal guy".... 100% aware, 100% knowledge, 100% quality... I should have married those marvellous peoples I encountered during FsP's dev to keep them handy  :)

Skyzo
        I want report a bug in fspassengers who is present since the first version of fspassengers : When you select a free compagnie (dont buy AIRCRAFT to flight); when you export the data to a website, the cargo weigt is always 0; could you solve this bug in the futur version ?

You mean the "CargoWeight" field ?
    It tried yet a correction (bug was probably due to a patch that passed the old database with int16 to int32)
    You'll tell me at release or at beta test time.

enzoaugusto
        I vote for "You completed the master challenge". :beer:

I would like to hire a graphist to do a great splash and get a special "triumphant" music...
    I lost 2 hours on https://www.shockwave-sound.com/browse/mood/celebratory-triumphant-successful/stock-music/order-mostsold/standard/50 trying to find one and finally gave up... I didn't find one that really pleased me. Most are well done, but lack something...
    If anyone find a good one :)

The start of this one was very promising but when it really start it's deceiving... (flat)
https://www.shockwave-sound.com/stock-music-track/17223/dramatica

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2018, 11:34:41 PM »
latest dev news - 25-05-2018
DanSteph

-----------------------------------
Mooooore neeeeews
-----------------------------------

While doing some flight test I thought it would be really cool to have also the heading in the Airport database so you can choose quickly a diverting airport and turn to it.

It's a great circle magnetic heading. You point your nose there and it's okay.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2018, 11:39:08 PM »
latest dev news - 26-05-2018
DanSteph

-----------------------------------------------------
And more news again
-----------------------------------------------------

And here the final hyper-usefull-version of Airport Database....

It show now the Heading, the number of runway and the maximum runway length.
You have everything handy to choose an airport.

By default, FsPassengers will show runways informations but if you click on the link "Show Prices & Taxes" (see above)
you have the old display:

Of course you can go back by clicking on "Show runway information". This settings is remembered across Prepar3D launch.
Notice that Edwards AFB  is the airport with the most runways in Prepar3D (in the world ?)

The airport detail show distance and heading with the appropriate help text (everyone is familiar with the "great circle magnetic heading" ?)

EDIT: While I was here, I added those information in "set destination", it took me 10mn:

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2018, 11:41:32 PM »
latest dev news - 29-05-2018
DanSteph

------------------------------------------------------
A planned release date ?
------------------------------------------------------

As told before it's impossible to predict exactly, a sudden problem can take 10-15 days to be solved, that's half a month, two problems and it's one month that is gone.

However, given what's I've already done yet and the current state (I can make a full flight with almost all features) but taking in account what need to be done until release I would be very surprised that the release happen in June. I hope and aim (and prey) for July.

I'm working day and night but I don't want to release an unfinished or not polished version, that's the bad news of the good news: I'm somewhat perfectionist, but it take time. I could rush to release the exact same P3Dv3 version for x64, but I want an improved version.

To accelerate the process I'm taking also contact with professionals for help with the graphism, website and such.

Much thanks for your patience Beer

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2018, 01:30:26 AM »
latest dev news - 03-06-2018
DanSteph

I'm still redoing dialogs with sometime new features or ameliorations and this still involve a lot of code modification or new code.
I'll make a screenshot session with explanations maybe today or tomorrow.

I have now 4 offers for my call for a freelancer graphist, I'll contact what I think is the better within two days.

QPilot Wrote:
we have the option to modify the seats, onboard entertainment, catering company and services.

For seat, you can edit aircraft's payload model, it's easy when it exist already.

About the rest I'm thinking about this since a very long time: buying equipments for each aircraft:

Examples:
-Phone by sat
-Internet by sat
-multimedia or better multimedia screen for each seat
-More comfortable seats
etc...

I'll see when doing it, what I can add and how (maybe you can increase seat space, reducing seat number but increasing company's reputation etc.)

This is postponed for a later update anyway, the priority now is to make this version out and I cannot make such a major change that would need at least three weeks of work.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2018, 12:19:12 AM »
latest dev news - 08-06-2018
DanSteph

Sorry, no time to make screenshots, I'm working like a mad, I'll make one big "screenshot session " with all work done later.

But I thought this feature is cool and deserve a little preview.

I'm redesigning the "company manager" yet, here is the maintenance tab (cut because nothing is finished yet)
As you see selecting an aircraft will display automatically the default thumbnail, but you can also click on the image
to change it and have your custom image:

If you click on "search google" you can save an  image, browse and select this new image...

You can also "delete" so it reverse to the default thumbnail, or set another...
Technically, those images are saved in your "flight database" directory, so you'll keep your aircraft image when you save/restore your database.

Providing a 256x128 image is mandatory for aircraft addon, but if by any chance an addon failed to provide one, you'll have this default picture that invite you to add an image. (Here I had to fool the code so it doesn't find the default image)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Skoop

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2018, 08:38:35 PM »
How do you like this ?  It seems really similar to FS Captain which has an ACARS system.  I almost bought FS Captain a few weeks back when it was on sale, but didn't, I have AH2 which does a lot of the same stuff.  I do like the ACARS thing though.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2018, 10:58:39 PM »
Fspassengers is very deep. It adds a lot more than any other similar addon

Check out the features: http://www.fspassengers.com/

I also have AH2, as do others here. The hope is one day we can have a virtual company and fly together  :pilotfly
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2018, 05:45:46 PM »
latest dev news - 10-06-2018
DanSteph

Still not a big screenshot session, but just some on my actual work on the "Company Manager".
Please feel free to point the text error or anything that appear inconsistent or not practical in those UI.
It's better to correct it now when I'm working on the dialog then later at beta test rush.

For memory, this is the old Company Manager:

First when you open the manager, the "Buy aircraft" is active only if you don't own the current aircraft and the name of the aircraft is displayed: (Sorry, the jpg compression is horrible  Sick )

There are more information on this dialog and the use of images make it much more pleasant to use:

As said above you can change the image:

The "aircraft maintenance" tab unselected:

And selected, this PBY5 need some serious work Smile...

The good news

...Is that my rework of ALL dialogs (often involving a rework of many code) is now 95% complete.
In green all the dialog that are now ok.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

FSPassengers Discount for DOW members

Started by Asid

Replies: 1
    Views: 3505