Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Controller issues  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Controller issues
« on: April 09, 2017, 01:32:59 PM »
Here's the story...

My controller kept on acting up in flight simulation. The elevator control would drop in and out or stutter. This would make my control of the aircraft erratic at times. Worse case i would crash. Sometimes it just made my flight look rough.

I used the "Devices and Printers" option in Windows 8.1. This is in the Windows "Control panel". I recalibrated the conntroller and checked the "Raw" output data. Confirmed it was elevator channel. However could it be the controller card or the pot?

I cleaned the pot with a lubricating switch cleaner. Still not fixed.

I used a multi meter to ascertain the proper workings of the pot. Everything checked out.

What was it? There was a loose wire going to the pot. I had already checked it but it was heat shrinked so seemed solid. I removed the heat shrink and behold. The wire had broken. The heat shrink was allowing the wire to make connection but when a certain amount of movement was made, the connection would break. I resoldered as well as using new heat shrink.

I tested it and seems like that was it.

:thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline jhay

Re: Controller issues
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 07:15:03 AM »
You need to come over here to South Carolina, visit, and return home with my bullet-proof CH Products HOTAS setup.  If someone doesn't step up and take it,....  I'm gonna have to trash it.  A true waste and tragedy.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: