Tacview 1.6.0 is now available to everyone!Download: HERE
The long awaited real-time telemetry is here! Use it with DCS World, FSX, Prepar3D, or X-Plane to record and review in real-time a flight in progress. An first draft of the instructor remote control is also available. This tool enables you to control up to four simulators, to assist trainee pilots and reduce their workload.
To prevent cheating, real-time telemetry may be disabled during network sessions depending on the host preferences.
These two new features go naturally well together: Use the real-time telemetry to watch in real time your trainee from outside and inside the cockpit. Help him/her using the remote control to pause its flight simulator and actuate some of its aircraft controls. In the next update, you will be able to directly bind joystick and keyboard to remote control commands.
All Tacview network features are independent and can be combined the way you want. For example, you can combine the real-time telemetry and the online-debriefing to review, with your fellow squadrons leaders, in real-time, a network battle in progress like a red-flag training.
In addition, many updates and fixes are introduced in this version to better enjoy flight review for all your favorite simulators.
While several surprises are on their way for this year, the next major step will be Tacview 2.0. This new version will offer a fully revamped UI, and a will include most of the improvements which have been requested over the years.
Meanwhile several updates are still planned for Tacview 1.6 and maybe 1.7, to offer a smooth transition while waiting for 2.0. For example, you will soon get an integrated static objects editor to easily add navaids to a battlefield and will be able to display analog cockpit instruments to get more intuitive and faster reading while analysing the quality of a flight.FEATURES & CHANGES
- Real-time telemetry for DCS World, FSX, Prepar3D, and X-Plane
- Instructor Remote Control to assist trainee pilots
- Added support for iLevil csv files
- Dynamic adjustment of the export frequency to increase accuracy of important objects like player aircraft
- Added an optional 5 minutes playback delay for DCS World exporter
- Integrated Ostsee 3.2.6 theater for Falcon 4.0
- Integrated Pillars of Hercules theater 0.7.8.2 U2 for Falcon 4.0
- Integrated Israel 1.0.3 terrain and database for BMS 4.33 U3
- Trail size can now be defined more accurately and is explicitly displayed in a tooltip
- Added attitude (roll and pitch) charts to analyze pilot induced oscillations
- Added CAS to charts
- Added an additional larger auto scale option
- Added an option to choose the compression level for DCS World recorder
- By default, debug level events are not displayed anymore in the console, use /debug:on to show them
- Fixed a crash in DCS World when returning to spectator mode
- Tacview was not properly playing back flights taking place before 1970 like WWII flights
- X-Plane Real-time object teleportation is now gracefully handled
- It was not possible to copy/paste a shortcut containing a bullseye
- It was not possible to select or highlight a bullseye during online debriefing
- Mirage 2000 AA missiles names were mixed up
- Charts horizontal axis graduations were not properly displayed
- ACMI files export path will be preserved when installing a new version of Tacview