Translations for our friends around the world.

New URL: www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Click image to go to main site  www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Author Topic: Problem with the Map after loading in a saved game  (Read 3746 times)

Offline dougb

Problem with the Map after loading in a saved game
« on: April 01, 2017, 09:52:32 PM »
Hi Ron,

I fired up the game as I wanted to try out the game with the 1.08 patch.  I've tried the Breaking into the Crimea scenario.  Everything seemed to work but when I saved the game and reloaded I had a huge patch of grey hexes with no map in the closest zoom.  I zoomed out and sure enough a large section of the east edge appears to have disappeared with only grey hexes appearing.   I've actually had this happen now in two separate runs through the scenario.  Interestingly zooming out shows the map.

Hope you can shed some light on this.  I tried attaching a saved game file but it appears too large. 

Thanks,

Doug
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt Games Developer
    • Schwerpunkt
Re: Problem with the Map after loading in a saved game
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 01:51:55 AM »
Hi Doug,

The gray hex pattern is the default, which means that the game was unable to find the map segments.  This usually happens if you go off and use another application or Internet Explorer to another folder. Using File Open by filename usually correct the problem.  Opening and closing the game executable will also correct the problem.  The saved game should be in the same directory folder as all of the other scenarios, or it could cause the problem.

Hope this helps,
Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dougb

Re: Problem with the Map after loading in a saved game
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 02:38:37 PM »
Thanks Ron,

That did indeed do the trick.  I had been saving my files outside the main folder and everything is working well now.  Much appreciate the quick reply!

Doug
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Problems with the screen resolution

Started by Reckall

Replies: 3
    Views: 6007