Translations for our friends around the world.

Click on banner for Tacview website

Author Topic: Online debriefing not working  (Read 5692 times)

Offline 312_Tygr

Online debriefing not working
« on: March 30, 2017, 03:43:46 PM »
Hi,

My friends and I have a problem setting up an online debriefing. It used to work before (in v. 1.4.x), but now it doesn't. We've all tried setting ports to the same value, leaving the value unfilled, setting up the default port, opening up port triggering on the router FW, etc. It doesn't work for anyone (there's ~ 5 of us having standard and pro versions, all licensed). We're using the last official version (1.5.4). Please advise if there's something obvious we're missing, and what we should do to set up online debriefing successfully.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Vyrtuoz

• Tacview Developer
    • Tacview The Universal Flight Analysis Tool
Re: Online debriefing not working
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 04:15:57 PM »
This is very strange because the online debriefing protocol is the same in Tacview 1.4 and 1.5, it should work as before.

Do you have the problem with all members of your squadron? Or is it just some of them who cannot join your session?

Can you share me some screenshots of the parameters the host is using and a client who cannot join is using? Can you show me the error message displayed on the client Tacview(s)?

To make sure the feature is working: can you try to debrief with yourself by launching two Tacview on your computer and using localhost as the address?

Can you try with Tacview 1.4.3 available at the bottom of this page: http://www.tacview.net/support/reportbug/ to see if this is related to Tacview version?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Click.gif

Offline 312_Tygr

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 10:11:25 AM »
Do you have the problem with all members of your squadron? Or is it just some of them who cannot join your session?

Nobody can join. We've tried two different members hosting, and others tried to join.

Can you share me some screenshots of the parameters the host is using and a client who cannot join is using? Can you show me the error message displayed on the client Tacview(s)?

Sure, will send them over. The error is always the same - "Failed to connect. Please check the address and port number."

To make sure the feature is working: can you try to debrief with yourself by launching two Tacview on your computer and using localhost as the address?

Tried - it's working when I put "localhost" as host. Not working when I put host public address in (but that doesn't work with 1.4.3 either).

Can you try with Tacview 1.4.3 available at the bottom of this page: http://www.tacview.net/support/reportbug/ to see if this is related to Tacview version?

Will try when I have time.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 10:24:26 AM by 312_Tygr »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Vyrtuoz

• Tacview Developer
    • Tacview The Universal Flight Analysis Tool
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 03:19:22 PM »
On your screenshots, I can see that you are using DCS World port 10308 to host your Tacview debriefing sessions.

I suggest you to use the default Tacview port 42673 to avoid any potential conflict with a DCS World game running on your network for example…

Has the host, make sure your router is forwarding the port 42673 to your computer local IP address.

If I am not mistaken, only the host must forward the port on its router. Client computers just have to open the port on their possible firewall. Tacview installer automatically opens Windows Firewall port 42673.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 03:31:14 PM by Vyrtuoz »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Click.gif

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 03:31:23 PM »
I have just tested an online debrief with ports 10308 and 42673. I connected as a client with no issues. This was with no DCS session running. The connection was instant. Everything worked 100%.

In my experience, which I have a lot of, issues can be related to:
•   Incorrect port forwarding
•   Third party software, Virus checkers.
•   I.S.P. blocked ports
•   Firewall incorrectly setup.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline 312_Tygr

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 07:03:27 PM »
Thanks for your help guys.It was indeed the issue with Tacview requiring port forwarding - I had port triggering set up, but that somehow wasn't enough.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Improved VFR debriefing using custom textures

Started by Asid

Replies: 2
    Views: 4554
    Last post October 02, 2017, 04:17:43 PM