Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Kursk - Battle at Prochorovka  (Read 5390 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Kursk - Battle at Prochorovka
« on: March 12, 2017, 01:34:39 PM »

A fan of the old Avalon Hill/SPI WW2 strategy war games? Like to think about your next move rather than having quick reaction times? Battle Series Eastern Front - Kursk - Battle at Prochorovka is the game for you.

Official Site: Here
Official forum: Here
Steam: Here
Blog: Here

Official trailer

About This Game
A fan of the old Avalon Hill/SPI WW2 strategy war games? Like to think about your next move rather than having quick reaction times? Battle Series Eastern Front - Kursk - Battle at Prochorovka is the game for you.

Battle Series Eastern Front - Kursk - Battle at Prochorovka, covers one of largest single tank battle in the history of warfare. Approximately 1000 tanks and assault guns met head to head near the town of Prochorovka, in a battle that became a desperate close range shoot-out which would decide the ultimate success or failure of Operation Zitadelle.

The 2nd SS Panzer Korps began it's attack on July 3rd, and spent the next 8 days breaking through the dense Russian defensive positions. During the late afternoon and evening of the 11th, they broke through and repulsed a counterattack by the Russian 31st Tank Corps. Reorganizing during the night, the panzers struck northward before dawn on the 12th. As dawn broke, the lead German elements ran head-on into the lead elements of the Soviet 5th Guards Tank Army and the battle was on. It was to last all day, in confused and savage fighting at close ranges.

This game recreates that day with the player being able to play both as the Russians and Germans or against the AI. Go to yobowargames.com for the latest updates as the game develops

Features

•   Turn Based with each turn having a Move and Attack phase
•   Units are at battalion level and represent the units present on the day of the battle
•   Units have an Attack, Defense and Movement Allowance
•   Artillery units also have a Range allowance
•   Map represents the key features at the time with the embanked railway line and river causing the fighting to be fought almost as three separate battles

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Kursk - Battle at Prochorovka
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 01:38:19 PM »
What the developers have to say:

Why Early Access?

“I am a big fan of strategy games and know the level of perfection needed to attain the best player experience, game flow and game systems. This can only be achieved with thorough testing and iteration. Simply put, I need experienced and passionate strategy players to make "Kursk - Battle at Prochorovka" the best it can be!”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“Dependent on community feedback I plan to exit Early Access in June 2017 once the AI feature is complete. During Early Access I will provide updates should any critical bugs be found and when a version of the game with sufficiently developed AI is available.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

“The full version will support one player game v computer AI. This is missing in the Early Access version. Once complete a player will be able to choose to play against another player (via hot seat play) or solo against the AI.

In addition more help screens and in game pops ups will be provided in the full version to assist the novice player.

I also intend to include some scenario variants to the game to allow the player to play some "What if" scenarios.

The game presently autosaves. In the full version the player will be able to save additional games to load at a later date.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

“The game is fully playable and feature complete as a two player hot seat game, one playing the Germans and the other Russians.

This version of the game has been tested and is stable.

The game presently autosaves at the end of each turn (in Full version player will also be able to generate their own saved games)”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?

“Yes. The Early Access version is cheaper than the full release as a thank you to you for being an early adopter of the game.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?

“I welcome feedback! I love making games like this and I know there are many of you that do so to. Together we can play games that we are passionate about.”
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 01:42:44 PM »
Patch now available
11 March

Thank you all for your early comments on this game and particularly zakblood for finding the first two issues in this list.
•   Fixed flashing units growing in size. Removed intended feature following early community feedback
•   Fixed crash when selecting one particular Russian unit
•   Minor text changes
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 01:42:56 PM »
New Artillery Guide
12 March

Hi All,

I have posted a guide to using artillery in the game.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 05:26:11 PM »
Work in Progress
18 March

Hi All

Some early screenshots for you of the new Menu and Nato Units.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 01:11:48 PM »
1.3 Released
Community Announcements

Hi All

The 1.3 update should now be available.

Enjoy!

1.3 Update - Release Notes

Please note saved games prior to this update will be lost.

New Features in this release

•   New Main Menu
•   Nato Units
•   Logging
•   Victory Points status
•   wasd Keys now enabled for map movement
•   Version Number now shown on loading screen

Fixed in this release

•   Corrected spelling mistake in in game instructions
•   Corrected misalignment of text on Battle Report, if four units have been acted upon.
•   Speculative fix for CTD after loading game.

Details

Menu
Selectable scenarios - At present only one is enabled.
Load Save games - Games are saved automatically at the end of every Turn (End of Russian combat phase). Unfortunately I needed to change the save game format and saved games prior to this update will be lost.
Option - Tick to enable Nato units. Preference will be saved for all future games

Victory Points
At the beginning of every turn, except first turn, you will be shown present victory point status.

Logging
Should you find an issue please contact me to help enable logging. Default is no logging.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 02:02:09 PM »
Game Update, Pricing Update and General News
12 MAY   - HUNTER

I want to share with you where I am with this game, my thoughts on pricing strategy and news on other projects.

Game Update

The present 1.3 release supports a hot seat game (two people at one PC playing alternate goes) or of course someone playing solo as both sides. I have not had any bugs reported in a considerable while and have received good suggestions for improvements to the game for future releases.

At present I am working on AI for the Russians and am hoping I will get a 1.4 version released around the beginning of June. After that update I will fix any issues found and look to officially release the game.

I will then continue to support the game with the next release having AI for the Germans. If the game does well I will also look to support PBEM and continue to make other enhancements.

Pricing Strategy

I believe early adopters should be rewarded in someway for their faith and input to a game – especially where it’s from some unknown developer of unknown quality and commitment. The best way I can do this is with the present reduced price while in Early Access.

In the next week I intend to increase the price to $9.99 and at full release $12.99 (although on launch day probably there will be a discount of around 10%).

I do not plan to put this game into any sale or bundle that would mean you could get it for a cheaper price than it is now. Certainly not for the next 2 years.

So if you want to get this game at a good price now’s the time to do it!

General News

Since I put this game onto Greenlight and then Early Access a lot has happened behind the scenes. I have spoken to two Wargame publishers and have been able to reach out to game designers and be taken seriously due to this game.

The results of this are that I now have a roadmap for my next few releases. Next up for the Eastern Front series will be “Battle for Korsun”. In addition I will kick off a West Front series with “Fall of France”. No promise on when these will be available yet.

There will be hopefully other game announcements coming soon.

If you want to follow progress on these then please join up on the community at http://www.yobowargames.com/community/

Finally…

I want to thank all the gamers who have purchased my game so far, for their fantastic support and comments, whether good or bad.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 12:27:35 AM »
Officially Released!
Kursk - Battle at Prochorovka - Hunter

Hi All

I am pleased to announce that Kursk - Battle at Prochorovka is now officially released.

Thank you to all my Early Access supporters and the valuable feedback you have given.

Enjoy!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 01:08:35 PM »
2.0.1 Update now available

Hi All

Small update to the release version. Please note your previous saved games will continue to work but until you start a new game the fix to the crash below will not work.

Fixed:

Crash when German artillery units disrupted.

New:

Music volume can now be adjusted. "N" to decrease and "M" to increase. Will also work on the menu screen.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 01:40:44 PM »
Patch 2.0.4 released

Hi All

Some of you have requested a zoom out feature and also the screen to center on AI attacks.

This patch provides a partial solution to both.

New in this release:

Pressing O/P keys while in game zooms the map in/out one level. This should make it easier to see what the AI is doing during its it turn and provide a better strategy level view

Enjoy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Field of Glory - Quick Overview and Battle of Trebia: By JC

Started by Asid

Replies: 1
    Views: 3005
    Last post October 15, 2017, 02:47:52 PM
    by Asid
    The Panzer Battles Demo Packs a Lot of Variety and Content: By JC

Started by Asid

Replies: 4
    Views: 4209
    Last post February 20, 2017, 03:54:03 PM
    by Asid
    Order of Battle returns to Asia with Burma Road!

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2491
    Last post June 15, 2017, 01:59:38 PM
    by Asid
    EA Halts all In-Game Purchases For Star Wars Battlefront II

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2019
    Last post November 17, 2017, 04:01:35 PM
    by Asid
    BATTLE OF THE GLADDEN FIELDS