Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: P.A.M.E.L.A.  (Read 46474 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: P.A.M.E.L.A.
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 11:58:35 AM »
Energy Kiosks and Main Power Switchs community guide.
By Leonihtus

Energy Kiosks/Power Systems and all about them
(Note things could change during Early Access. I will do the best of my Capabilites to keep it up to date with new info and changes.)
This is all about Energy Kiosks, those glowing stands you see early on and about on areas you find. That and Main Power Switchs, the link to Energy Kiosks. I'll be going a in depth of these strange machines scattered across Eden!

Guide: HERE
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2017, 01:28:32 AM »
Patch coming Tomorrow Morning (March 16th)
16 MARCH

Unfortunately due to a last minute issue we've identified in tonight's patch, we'll have to push the update tomorrow morning instead.

We apologize for the delay; you've got some nice fixes and balance improvements to look forward to tomorrow, as well as some big optimizations (and saving fixes) on Friday!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 12:46:05 PM »
Patch: PAMELA v0.1.0.23 is Live!
Community Announcements

<Please Note! This patch will cause existing world save files to be deleted!>

Happy Thursday Sleepers!

As always we’ve been hard at work on a huge array of fixes and balancing. Vending Machines no longer sell items for free, so now you’ll have to make sure to ACTUALLY save up Lux before heading to buy some items.

The “sliding”/lack of input bug that many of you have been experiencing when spawning has been track down and fixed, thanks to all of your reports!

Augment Stations should also function correctly now, allowing you to upgrade your character in completely new ways. Here’s a hint – visit the Promenade shopping area.

Behind the scenes we’ve also been focused on a few major issues which are huge priorities for us: fixing saving issues, improving loading times, and reducing memory usage. Based on your feedback, these 3 issues are by far the biggest detractors from the game currently, and we’ve got several members of the team focused 100% on getting them fixed.

We will have an extra juicy patch coming this Friday, which will include saving fixes, and the first stage of our memory/loading optimizations. For those of you still experiencing crashes/extreme loading times, we expect that Friday’s patch should provide some improvements, and we’ll be continuing some further optimizations next week.

And now, the patch notes. Enjoy, and please let us know your thoughts and experiences on the forums!

Balance
•   MediHypo, SupraHypo, Canteen Large/Small, Compute Cells, Moonshine, and Spinach no longer free
•   Datacards, Lux Cards are no longer in vending machines
•   Reduced Impact Catalyst spawn rate, it is now identical to other power items
•   Slightly tweaked safe loot table to include less upgrades and more utilities
•   Lowered spawn chances of common Glyphs

Fix
•   Fixed an issue causing the Augment Station not to function
•   Fixed a bug that causes the player to slide sideways/punch/crouch indefinately (he thought he was dead!)
•   Kiosks are now not super super tall!
•   Implemented the groundwork for the complete save fix that will come out on Friday
•   Buying things from kiosks now really takes Lux!
•   Buying a Compute Cell from a vending machine no longer incorrectly puts it into your inventory, but into the correct spot
•   Fixed broken elevator in the Archives
•   Using link from the radial menu on pylons now functions
•   Removed over a thousand drawcalls from minsec
•   Link icon in the build menu now properly shows up when pointing at an object that is linkable
•   Removed sun interaction with the blinky light on door pads, effectively removing 2 drawcalls from every door
•   Fixed NullReferenceException when using the build pulse function
•   Fixed corpse embedded in geometry in Origin Station
•   Fixed an error that caused build mode to sometimes become unresponsive after placing an item and spamming x with controllers
•   Fixed an error that would prevent hydroponics from sometimes being placed correctly
•   Fixed error preventing players from picking up lux, compute cells, or upgrade nodes if player inventory was full
•   Augment coupons now correctly name themselves and should unlock corresponding augment
•   Removed 195 drawcalls from Maxsec Cryo
•   Fixed Sec-RTs from accidentally getting in the spawn pool!
•   Removed 15000-2000 drawcalls from Main Garrison Levels
•   Fixed issue with certain NPC hair causing it to catch light in innapropriate moments
•   Fixed a glitch that allowed you to get infinite lux when using a controller with a container
•   Fixed issue where players could leave map area through Origin Station Tracks
•   Fixed missing collider on the large tvs in Origin Connection
•   Fixed ability for the wanted level to drop below 0
•   Fixed missing colliders on Bleu tables in the Promenade
•   Fixed a hole in Bleu in the Promenade
•   Fixed missing colliders on the pillars in ARK Medical Hallway
•   Fixed missing colliders in Unit 74 Arcadia
•   Fixed a Holoemitter in Minsec that was embedded in a locker and poking out the other side of a wall
•   Fixed embedded medical container in ARK Bathroom
•   Fixed a planted embedded in a wall in ARK Medical Promenade

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 01:37:51 PM »
Very responsive devs, good fixes. Hope they get that save fix out Friday, so I can start trying to figure out building. A little documentation would be good as far as what's possible to do. Not sure why you have to build at all, I'll probably throw a bed down behind a counter with some storage and use that as home base and start collecting/exploring. Think I'll base it near the door to the outside seems like a nice central location until I figure more out. With the restarts I'm finding my way around the beginning part better.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 01:44:36 PM »
Very responsive devs, good fixes.

:exactlysign
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2017, 01:46:55 PM »
Update
NVYVE Studios  [developer] 6 hours ago

Hey guys, late night here bug fixing (getting on 3am? fun times!). Patch will *hopefully* be coming tomorrow (Saturday); we've gotten a HUGE amount done this week - just wait for the patch notes - but a few critical bugs came up along with some of our optimizations.

So, fingers crossed tomorrow you'll have a massive patch to play with. Apologies for the delay, we're doing our best to get this into your hands!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2017, 01:50:33 PM »
read that, waiting for the save fix to drop before jumping back in.Read that currently there is 6 area's to explore, I've seen 3 so 3 more to discover.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2017, 01:53:07 PM »
I'm waiting for this patch as well

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2017, 10:16:33 PM »
Update Coming Monday - Read for more info!
18 MARCH

Happy Saturday, Sleepers!

We've got some good news, and some bad news. We were up almost throughout the night, trying to put the finishing touches on the next major update to P.A.M.E.L.A.

The good news is that throughout the week, we've been implementing some major optimizations and reworks that should fix the vast majority of saving issues, as well as DRAMATICALLY reduce memory usage and improve performance.

From our testing, we've seen memory usage drop from 8GB in some areas down to 5.3GB; huge savings that should improve perfmance, reduce crashing, and should also reduce loading times for many of you. We've also got a giantic list of other fixes, balancing, and more that will be included in the update.

So, the bad news is that since these fixes/optimizations were so significant, a few other things broke in the process. There are a couple big issues with respawning (items tend to spawn 30 copies of themselves, instead of 1, for example!) that are blocking us from pushing the build live just yet. We're doing extensive testing over the weekend, ironing out these bugs, and with some luck, the update should be live on monday afternoon/evening EST.

We apologize for the delay; we've been super excited all week to get this into your hands for the weekend, and the build itself (bugs aside) looks very promising. Thank you so much for your patience here, we promise it will be worth the wait. Longest patch notes, by far!

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend, see you monday with a huge update!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2017, 05:23:13 AM »
some screens from my lastest run.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2017, 09:00:32 PM »
Went on another perma-run, haven't died yet. I dropped all my stuff in some lockers so we'll see if its there when i get back on. Got to a bit more of the place, hit the tram station, still looking around that.

Here's where i'm basing for now, a little diner. I said what the hell and cranked up the area to full power at one of the power stations. I got 2 add-ons for my flashlight, one makes a wider cone, the other shoots light farther. You can only use one at a time.

Budd found himself a little arm crossbow, shoots like electric arrows, 10 arrows stock, reload with those energy cells of which i have plenty. I even got it upgraded, gets 15 arrows per energy cell. it's a little hard to aim with it, it uses a lazer aimer.

Area inside Origin station, you can see how much better the flashlight is, this is the wide beam.

Another night has fallen, still havent found a bed this run. Wonder if i can get into those tall buildings. you can see how much darker it is in the bottom shot.Same night, dont know if thats because its later or the moon is covered or what.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2017, 09:08:59 PM »
Dayum Budd. Looks like you are spreading your wings. I am still in the first section  :scared1

I am waiting for the patch tomorrow  :thumbsup

Thanks for posting Budd :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2017, 09:23:36 PM »
if i go back in and my stuff is gone, im done till patch :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2017, 10:38:59 PM »
Well only some of my stuff was gone, my good weapons and armor/shield and energy cells. My food and fluids were all there with my back up weapons :beatings . No crossbow but an arc welder and shield, not sure the shields work right as i seem to take a bunch of damage with my shield up. I finally got killed, man the place got awful busy, the infected were everywhere, maybe me turning on the power attracted them, no idea but it was the most i've seen wandering around maybe 15 in 1's,2's and 3's. Managed to collect 25 of those wall audio logs along the way. I'm done until the patch, the story seems interesting so far.

This is near my end, i run onto the big guy shortly after. This is the arc welder attachment, tried to get a shot when its was shooting but just didnt capture it.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 12:46:56 AM »
Update: PAMELA v0.1.1.6 is Live!
Community Announcements

<Please note! This update will cause existing world save files to be deleted!>

Happy Monday Sleepers!

After some delay fixing last minute issues, we’ve got our first major update ready for showtime.

Why are we calling this a major update, you ask? Well, because there’s a metric ton of fixes, optimizations, and balance tweaking resulting in our by-far largest set of patch notes thus far.

As always, thank you so much to all of you who’ve posted bug reports and in-depth notes here; this is so crucial, and enables us to churn out these updates in a timely manner for everyone’s benefit! Please keep it up, you’re all awesome.

Here are the main highlights of this update:

Saving is significantly more stable and reliable

Due to some unexpected last-minute issues at launch, saving and loading have never quite worked properly. We apologize for all those of you who have lost your epic loot after the save system has hickuped – the underlying issues has now been fixed, and though we’re still working on improvements, you should now be quite safe to build bases, upgrade items, and more without fear of losing everything next time you play.

RAM Usage has been reduced significantly

Through working directly with Unity, we’ve implemented some huge optimizations that have reduced memory usage dramatically (down from roughly 7.5GB to 5.3GB in our testing thus far). These optimizations should reduce crashing for some users, as well as decrease loading times and improve in-game performance. We are still working on some loading time reductions for those of you who experience extreme times (15+ minutes) and will post further updates as we progress.

Hacking Balance 3.0

We’ve been tinkering further with the hacking difficulty systems; at launch, too many objects were locked with too high of difficulty, so we nerfed them quite significantly. Last patch, it seemed that hacking became trivial in most cases, so we’ve played with the way difficulties are calculated. Read the Hacking section of the patch notes for the full info on these changes.

Tons and tons of additional fixes and balance Tweaks

There’s simply too much to describe here, so please read the full patch notes if you’re dying to know every fix. We’ve been replying to threads to notify the OPs if the issue has been fixed, so please check there if you recently posted about a bug.

Phew, time for the patch notes. Please let us know your experience below, hope this update is a solid improvement for every one of you! We should have another patch coming mid-week, depending on how we progress with a few things we have in the works.

Changelog

Feature
•   Added significantly more ambient sound effects
•   Flashlights now do a distance check and tone down their light if they are very close to other objects, will significantly reduce blowout. We would greatly appreciate feedback as to how to refine this feature! (adaptation speed/amount/ etc.)
•   Due to above, flashlights in general have now been brightened (before were limited by blowout)
Balance
•   Refactored how the hacking system works
 o   Common Items 5% chance to be locked at easy
 o   Uncommon Items 20% chance to be locked at easy
 o   Rare Items 50% chance to be locked at medium
 o   Epic Items 60% chance to be locked at hard
 o   Legendary Items 80% chance to be locked at inferno
 o   Torment difficulty only exists under very rare circumstances, ie. a legendary item spawns, passes a 15% difficulty variance check, then a 50% check to go up in difficulty from inferno
 o   If a container decides to be locked it has a 15% chance to change its lock difficulty, if that passes, it does a coinflip to decide if harder or easier
 o   If an easy lock decides by coinflip to be easier, it will unlock
 o   Certain containers cannot be hackable, Garbage Cans, and Bathroom Vendors
 o   Certain containers have 25% less chance to be locked, Cabinets, Cubbies, Desk Box Small, and Mailboxes
 o   Certain containers have 25% more chance to be locked, All Safes, and Weapon Crates
•   Every kiosk now has its own unique color!
•   Ammo boxes now has 25% less chance to spawn, energy was becoming incredibly common
•   Garrison Core hallways are now slightly brighter
•   Observers now drop junk items
•   When Wardens fist runs out of energy, now doesnt play effects or sounds other than a normal punch (does same damage as a punch at this point as well)
•   Pamela abilities now have proper Cooldowns(Not debug): Discharge was 10 is 60s, Guidance was 40 now 45s, Enhance was 0 now 30s, Barrier was 40 now 60s
•   Beacons do not need to be powered by a Power Transmitter
•   Storage Containers do not need to be powered by a Power Transmitter
•   Lux no longer persists after death
•   Augment coupons are now called Augment Keys in order to clarify usage, they also permanently unlock, and current ones collected are displayed in the datapad

Fix
•   Player built bases should save and be reloaded much more reliably
•   Player inventory should save and be reloaded much more reliably as well!
•   Time of day should save and be reloaded much more reliably
•   Every pickupable item has been made more efficient in RAM, should reduce impact
•   Made it so npc breathing after death cannot last forever creating infinite instances causing other audio to stop playing and eventually crash
•   Quest details is now much more efficient, should save RAM
•   Kiosk system is more efficient, should save RAM
•   Medical Station is more efficient, should save RAM
•   Keypad menus are made significantly more performance efficient, should decrease RAM usage
•   Fixed Issue where sleep menu would show incorrect stat bars that would only seem to go down to 50%
•   Statistics are no longer wiped on each death
•   Fixed an error with the hitbox on stage 1 male scientist
•   Fixed issue causing the lights on containers to sometimes stay lit when emptied
•   Fixes issue with closing the inventory while an item was held
•   Fixed issue where blood FX were not compatible with 21:9
•   Fixed issue where opened doors would not reset properly upon respawn
•   Fixed issue where on sale items would sometimes be 200x more expensive
•   Sleeping now uses power normally (Need feedback for wether this is too harsh)
•   Fixed issue where augment coupons would not activate properly
•   Fixed an issue with buildable damage effects that caused them to look super dark and boxy
•   All 850 keypads have been manually levelled to be at a more appropriate height
•   All 155 Echo Emitters have been manually levelled to be at a more appropriate height
•   Fixed issue with gated doors not playing their respective sounds
•   VIS-R now offsets the subtitles and flytext appropriately
•   Fixed another cause of player undeath and sliding
•   Fixed error that caused some pause menu elements to stay up sometimes after closing
•   Fixed a potential issue that would cause the background for the datatablet text to not appear
•   Reduced some pointlessly high textures, should save a small amount of RAM
•   Fixed issue preventing the player from pausing the game when looting a container
•   Fixed issue causing the cyano reprocessor to think it required 6 spaces in the inventory instead of 3
•   Fixed issue with Build IVG item arrows losing renderques and appearing dark
•   Fixed issue where pressing the close button right after opening the inventory could get it to be permanently stuck on
•   Fixed innapropriately applied material on Oasis planters
•   Fixed issue with Skill Point highlights losing renderque when they turn blue
•   Fixed issue where reloading while aiming would not use Energy Cell + and ++ versions
•   Fixed issue with mouse not locking after looting containers
•   Fixed error where changing the autosave interval would not change the interval
•   Brightened text on AARM (specifically from datatablets) when in dark areas
•   Fixed Null Reference Exception when loading games
•   Fixed a keypad that was hidden behind a power switch in Arcadia Promenade connection
•   Fixed Null Reference Exception ocurring when spawning items in some containers
•   Fixed issue that caused there to be infinite items in containers sometimes
•   Fixed issue that messed up the options menu if you went back and forth too fast
•   Fixed issue causing beacons to look really odd when deployed
•   Fixed a keypad that was embedded inside a door on Arcadia level 3, making it unopenable
•   Put colliders to keep players from accessing incomplete parts of the maintenance stairs in arcadia
•   Fixed an issue where an emergency door in Oasis would disappear when you walked up to it
•   Removed Duplicate Mesh Colliders from Oasis central canopy
•   Updated animation on Water Condenser
•   Fixed missing collider on holopedestals near Cryopods
•   Fixed missing collider in Arcadia Level 4
•   Added LODs to Cryobays/Medstations/Genesis Statopms, Battery Backups, Echo Emitters and Broken Wall Panels, should save some performance
•   Fixed smoothing group issue with one of the chair models in genesis
•   Fixed Missing mesh colliders on planters in Arcadia connection
•   Fixed bug causing the accuracy to display incorrectly
•   Fixed an area near Olympia that players could get stuck in
•   Fixed missing mesh collider on stairs in the Barracks
•   Fixed door to Oasis from Aradia that wouldn’t open
•   Got rid of redundant AM/PM marker for the AARM clock
•   Fixed error that made all containers say "Large Wall Safe" when hacking
•   Removed some meshes that were not important
•   Fixed door keypad that was embedded in a glass wall in Garrison entrance
•   Fixed issue where Massive resevoir took up a 2x3 slot in the inventory instead of 1x3
•   Fixed Missing Collider in Arcadia Lobby Front Doors
•   Fixed issue where the Cyanosails would flicker through glass
•   Fixed missing meshes on certain broken kiosks
•   Compute Cell refixed to not be free
•   Fixed geometry going invisible when in Oasis Ark Clinic
•   Removed error when moving around Shields and VIS-Rs into incorrect slots

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions