Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: P.A.M.E.L.A.  (Read 46488 times)

Offline budd

Re: P.A.M.E.L.A.
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2017, 04:28:25 PM »
Only got one response on restarting from scratch, at work haven't tried it yet.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/427880/discussions/0
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2017, 05:37:31 PM »
Hi Budd

I did try that. Here is where the file are: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\NVYVE Studios\PAMELA

Not sure if it was successful....Will look into it more later and report.

Thanks for asking the question and posting the reply  :thumbsup

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline budd

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2017, 12:59:27 AM »
didn't work, the files just got created again.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2017, 01:30:17 AM »
didn't work, the files just got created again.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2017, 02:49:04 AM »
yea,yea,yea......duh......turned off cloud saves deleted just fine. you have to reset your bindings.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2017, 02:58:32 AM »
 :Bananezorro
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2017, 01:20:23 AM »
Patch Coming Friday
22 MARCH

Hello Sleepers!

We wanted to share a quick update on a few things we've been working on since Monday's major update.

As always we've been keeping an eye on all of your reports and feedback in the forums here, and have been working to address these issues as quickly as possible.

A few things specifically that we're been fixing/balancing are: save/load errors, hacking difficulty spread, flashlight/game brightness levels, and last but certainly not least, major loading time improvements.

We were planning on launch a patch today, but given a breakthrough we just made in terms of loading time reductions, we've chosen to push this back to Friday in the interest of launching a more stable and much more substantial update.

That about wraps it up for now... we're very excited for this update, which should significantly reduce load times even further and sort out a whole ton of saving issues that you've been encountering this week.

See you friday with the next juicy set of patch notes!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2017, 11:31:38 PM »
Patch Pains
25 MARCH

Well, it's been a long day for the NVYVE Studios team. We've been putting the finishing touches on the update, when at the last minute we found that one of our main optimizations to do with dramatic load time reduction has caused our environment lighting to be... "invalidated". Basically, a huge amount of props in the environment, as well as NPCs, become pitch black in certain areas, ruining immersion and in generally being very ugly to look at.

For those of you familiar with the Unity Engine, we need to "rebuild" our Lightmap. This process, for a world of our size, takes a pretty long time for Unity to calculate; we're hoping that if we kick it off now and test things out over the weekend, we should have it ready for you either late Saturday Eastern Time, or Sunday, barring natural disasters.

Very sorry for the delay, we know that many of you were itching to play tonight. We've tried a bunch of workarounds that didn't involve recalculation, but unfortunately we're stuck having to hit the "Build" button and waiting for it to finish.

On the plus side, we've got some amazing loading time improvements and saving stabilizations coming, among a whole lot of other fixes. So when you do finally get your hands on the update soon, it should be a *much* more pleasant experience than the current live version.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2017, 02:28:43 AM »
Update: PAMELA v0.1.2.3 is Live - Dramatic Load time Reductions!
Community Announcements

<Please note! This update will cause existing world save files to be deleted!>

Happy Saturday, Sleepers!

We’ve got a BIG update for you today, with some major fixes and improvements.

First, through some re-organizing of our scene loading process behind the scenes, we’ve *dramatically* reduced load times. The exact improvement ratio will depend on your individual machines, but in our testing across several testing rigs we have observed between a 2-4x loading speed increase. We’ve still got a few more tweaks to make, but with this update we’re hoping that the vast majority of you are able to spend *much* less time waiting, and more time playing!

In other exciting news today, we’ve implemented a huge amount of fixes/improvements to the saving and loading system. Aside from making saving and loading much more stable, this should also fix many of the crashes some of you have experienced this week (and extreme slowdowns in Garrison, where hundreds of items would occasionally spawn).

One other significant tweak we’ve made is of world brightness; we’ve increased the base brightness of the image slightly across the board, as well as boosted flashlight brightness. Pitch black areas will still be very dark, but areas with some light present should now be more easily navigable.

Let us know your experience in the comments! We’d especially like to hear about loading time improvements – please let us know your before and after numbers!

Changelog

Feature
•   Added Ambient SFX Volume Slider in Options Menu

Balance
•   Adjusted image effects in a way that should slightly brighten overall lighting
•   Adjusted hackable table to more frequently use easy and medium locks, and vastly increased rarity of inferno locks
•   You can no longer loot corpses from an infinite distance

Fix
•   Altered the way scenes are loaded resulting in a dramatic decrease in loading times, especially on some computers (Our low end test machine went from 8 minutes to 2 minutes)
•   Fixed an issue with reloading that would sometimes spawn all items in the world in one big heap of loot, that would crash some computers, especially in the Garrison Barracks
•   Fixed a large amount of Saving and Loading bugs caused by the new system that will make it much more reliable
•   Fixed an issue that broke the inventory menu if game was saved while inventory was open
•   Fixed an issue where reloading would sometimes relocate items
•   Fixed issue where numerical keybindings would say "Alpha3" instead of just "3"
•   Fixed an issue that would cause audio to cut out temporarily during the end of the cryo spawn sequence
•   The top Slotted Pamela ability will now activate if you tap "Q"
•   Fixed an issue where volume options in the main menu would not function correctly
•   Fixed an issue causing all Dyes to spawn as Default color
•   Player armor will no longer clip with underlying clothing
•   Fixed an issue where players would need to click to open certain doors twice after respawning
•   Fixed error causing some Junk items and the Cyano Repair Kit to make parts of the inventory unusable
•   Fixed issue with controller functionality in the Pamela Upgrade menu
•   You can now properly remove armor with a controller
•   Removed garbage collection happening when the player transitions between districts
•   Fixed issue where one of the Arcadia lobby doors would not open
•   Fixed an issue causing certain Icons to overlay upon each other in containers
•   Added a shadow blocking geometry piece in Oasis Cathedral that should remove strange lighting here
•   Added simple colliders to static emergency lights in the scene
•   Fixed a Battery Backup in Arcadia that was clipping through a shelf
•   Fixed missing cryo bays in the map of ARK Medical
•   Fixed z-fighting highlight mesh on the dark Garbage Cans
•   Cleaned up transition between the Genome Point Menu and Respawn Menu
•   Fixed issue where sound was not working in the Genome Point and Respawn Menu
•   Fixed issue where link pylon graphic would sometimes not disappear
•   Controller vibration will now stop correctly after player has been killed by enemy
•   X Button on controller now reloads weapon correctly
•   Fixed issue with shader on the main menu water
•   Fixed colliders on Echo Emitters that sometimes made it so players could not get around them in tight spaces
•   Fixed issue where boxes were clipping with the elevator on Arcadia Level 6
•   Fixed missing colliders on doors in the residential section of Arcadia
•   Fixed issue where on respawn the flytext would notify the player of all their hunger/thirst etc stats resetting
•   Fixed issue with Reuptake Assist having inventory portions enabled while in the world
•   Flashlight now resets back to default flashlight correctly after death
•   Augment Removers are no longer free in Genesis Bays
•   Fixed an issue with the link icon not showing up when pointing at linkable objects with the build IVG
•   Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented players from picking up items they picked up and then dropped
•   Fixed missing collider on the top wall of Origin Station
•   Fixed door keypad embedded in a wall in Garrison Lobby
•   Optimized footstep sound systems; should slightly reduce memory usage buildup
•   Fixed an issue that caused data tablets to not always appearing on AARM menu
•   Fixed issue where AARM menu would not turn off when the player map was open
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2017, 04:42:10 AM »
Loading time way down, around 45 seconds for me. They brightened up the darkness a bit and the flashlight works better. The saves seemed to work as expected also, i exited and entered 3 times with no loss..yet.One thing on the down side the audio logs dont play for me now,made it to 7 no dice, also if you hold down the "use" key and try to activate the logs that way it locks the radial menu on screen and your mouse doesnt work and i have to quit and restart.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2017, 11:10:02 PM »
some more P.A.M.E.L.A. wanderings, the inventory is still a bit bugged with some squares unusable and a container bug. The audio log bug is confirmed.

The path to daylight,getting to know the opening area pretty well.

Still trying to figure out how to get to those tall buildings.

I hit the tiny flying bot by mistake and now the robots dont like me, they put me in a containment field when they see me, from pretty far away too. I waited a few and then ran for it, now there hunting me when they see me "preparing pacification protocol" dont know what that entails but i dont stick around to find out. Their lights went from blue to yellow and now there red when i see them.

Here's the bug, i'm camping out at Foursette again, dropping my stuff there in containers and going back to looting. When i started the game again all my stuff was out of the containers and on the floor. When you pick up some items and put them back into the containers they disappear.

I got to an area thats new to me.I got some armor and earned a PAMELA power and also have the crossbow again and a poison dart shooter. The shield still doesnt work right.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2017, 12:02:29 AM »
Looking good Bud. some nice screens there.

The devs are hard at work fixing/improving all the time. Good news  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2017, 12:34:20 AM »
This cracked me up. so i started up the game and noticed there was more stuff on the floor, went looting and came back...kabam...even more..its growing :laughroll

Im getting closer to the buildings, might be a way to get inside through here.

Wonder how big my pile will be when i go back in ;D
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2017, 02:16:41 AM »
This cracked me up. so i started up the game and noticed there was more stuff on the floor, went looting and came back...kabam...even more..its growing :laughroll

Get that pile on Ebay  :puter
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2017, 01:48:12 AM »
Update: PAMELA v0.1.3.1 is Live!
Community Announcements

<Please note! This update will cause existing world save files to be deleted! With this update, we should not have to do this nearly as often in the future.>

Happy Thursday, Sleepers! Today we’ve got a huge stability update for you; we’ve been itching to get these fixes out earlier, but had to hold off as some significant behind the scenes systems have been heavily reworked.

Thank you as always to those of you who’ve submitted detailed crash and bug reports, helping us to quickly track down and fix these issues!

After a massive rework of some internal systems, saving/loading the game should now be very reliable, and the severe mass item duplication error (which caused intense slowdown and crashing) is also fixed. You should have a noticeably more stable experience because of these changes.

We’ve fixed a whole ton of other issues in this update as well; notably, PAMELA Echos now work correctly again, a new area behind the desk in Ark Cryo has been added, and many more miscellaneous bugs have been squashed.

Check out the full changelog below; let us know your experience once you’ve had time to jump in!

Changelog

Feature
•   Added the area behind the desk in ARK Med Cryo

Balance
•   Augments are reduced in price from 5,000 Lux to 3,000
•   Using a medical bay has been reduced in price from 1,000 Lux to 700 Lux

Fix
•   Significant reworking to saving/loading core systems to make more reliable
•   Fixed issue with containers dispensing mass amount of objects on load
•   Fixed a bunch of various saving/loading issues that should make it even more stable now
•   Fixed another issue with the dreaded player undeath causing inputs to lock up
•   Fixed issue causing Pamela Echos to not work and to lock unput when using the context menu on them
•   Fixed an issue where shield pylons would not correctly set up their shield
•   Fixed issue where player could not change FOV unless TAA was on, but then TAA would cause transparent objects to shift in view
•   Fixed an issue causing the hydration levels on your AARM to display incorrectly sometimes
•   Inventory UI Icon sound should only go off once over items, not over every composite cell
•   Fixed a different error that would also cause the Genome Point and Respawn menu to not have sounds, this time after dieing
•   Fixed an issue where sometimes the respawn menu would overlay ontop of the game after spawning
•   Fixed issue where Stamina would still fill past the Fatigue Limit, making caffeine and sleeping pointless
•   Main Menu music now fades out when transitioning into the respawn/GP menu
•   Fixed an issue where broken Buildables would appear black
•   Fixed an issue where the solar chargers solar collector would appear black or permanently damaged
•   Fixed some errant keypads in the Promenade Caffeinato that opened access to an unfinished area
•   Improved the quality of the highlight mesh for Grapes
•   Text on cryo bays that do not exist yet now say coming soon
•   Fixed issue where sun was coming in through some stores in the Promenade
•   Lights are no longer on the 3D Menu layer so this should save some performance and be less likely to blow out menus
•   Fixed an odd bright white light material in the Promenade Caffeinato
•   Fixed some props submerged into eachother in one of the Arcadia wings
•   Death menu now has correct infotext applied to the buttons
•   Fixed two kiosks in Oasis that were upside-down
•   Did a lookev pass on the Mitra VISR, it was inconsistently bright, also adjusted fonts
•   Fixed issue where Observers blinky antennae were visible through geometry
•   Observers lights and effects now properly turn off when they die
•   Fixed an issue where buildables would appear doubled in amount in the build menu, or showing up even after being dropped
•   Lux Cards are no longer using upgrade node highlight meshes
•   Main Menu Music is now correctly turned down with the music audio slider
•   Main Menu Button SFX are now correctly turned down with the SFX audio slider
•   Fixed issue where attachment cases would not save the items in them if a player opened the case but did not take the item
•   Fixed issue with the underclothing of the player turning off when the medium armor was equipped
•   Fixed a missing collider in Arcadia/Origin Connection
•   Fixed issue where normal clothing would sometimes not come back after death
•   Fixed and Issue where certain props in one of the wings off Arcadia would disappear when you got close
•   Fixed missing colliders on glass of the central pillar in the Archives of Arcadia
•   Mouse now properly locks after reloading
•   Fixed some rug materials that were not correctly playing rug footstep sounds
•   Fixed a safe in Ark Medical Level 1 that was embedded in a kiosk

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: