Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: P.A.M.E.L.A.  (Read 46481 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
P.A.M.E.L.A.
« on: March 10, 2017, 12:39:37 PM »

Days are never long enough, and night is perilous. Manage Eden's power to keep the lights on, and control your environment.

Official Site: Here
Official forum: Here
YouTube Channel:Here
Steam: Here
Wiki: Here

Single-player

Official trailer

About This Game
P.A.M.E.L.A. is an intense open-world survival horror game set in Eden, a fallen Utopian city.

Play as a Sleeper, awoken from cryosleep in Eden, a fallen utopia wrought with death and danger. Utilize a wide range of hi-tech weapons, equipment, and build-able items that can be upgraded to suit your needs. Meet PAMELA, an omnipresent AI overseer who is left alone watching over the once-vibrant city, now reduced to a silent monolith gliding across the ocean.

Features

•   Friends and Foes
Interact with various factions, including the Afflicted citizens, security droids, robotic custodians, and more mysterious denizens hidden within Eden's depths. Each faction exhibits its own unique behaviors and alliances, and will react dynamically to the player’s behavior to become allies, or enemies.

•   Scavenge to Survive
Experience tense gameplay in a richly developed sci-fi universe. Each decision is meaningful, and each encounter could be your last. Wield and customize an array of modular equipment to defend yourself and explore the environment. Utilize an immersive UI and full body awareness, which removes all boundaries between the player and the horrors of Eden.

•   Enhance Yourself to Thrive
Manage the power reserves of the city, using energy only when necessary to avoid the dangers of being stranded in the dark. Upgrade your weaponry, and construct a safe haven to defend against the denizens of Eden. Enhancing your body with Bio-Augments will give you an advantage over your enemies, but at what cost?

•   Uncover the Truth
Uncover the tragic events that lead to the downfall of a civilization, and fight for your life as the broken citizens of Eden defend their home against your intrusion. With a personality-driven AI system, no encounter will be the same as the Afflicted react in unpredictable ways, driven by their excruciating pain and disfiguring disease.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: P.A.M.E.L.A.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 01:37:41 AM »
Patch: PAMELA v0.1.0.18 is Live!
11 MARCH - NVYVE STUDIOS

Hello everyone!

Well it’s been a rollercoaster ride so far; lots of you are having a great time (woo!) and lots of you are having some nasty issues (bad!). We apologize for the issues, and thank you all for your patience!

We’ve spent the past ~36 hours reading through every single bug, crash report, and piece of feedback on the forums here. Thank you to everyone who’s posted reproduction steps and emailed crash notes; these have been incredibly valuable and help us to make the game better for everyone.

Before we get to the patch notes (of which there are a lot!), here are a few suggestions which have helped some users to minimize crashes and reduce stuttering:
•   Disable Broadcasting in the Steam Settings
•   Disable Steam Overlay
•   Make sure to close any expensive programs running in background/desktop, specifically ones that consume a lot of memory

Please note: we are working directly with Unity on tracking down some possible memory leaks/bloat, these are just temporary workaround suggestions in the meantime.
Without any further ado, please find the full patch notes below! From our internal testing, several of these fixes should improve stability (specifically crashes) quite significantly for some users.

Changelog

Feature
•   Added Flytext event that notifies player when the power state of an area changes

Balance
•   Game now defaults to medium settings instead of high
•   Full power in a district will now last 1 real world hour in time before running out
•   Emergency power in a district will now last 2 real world hours before running out
•   Day night cycle has been increased from 40 minutes to 1 hour of real world time
•   Hunger and thirst depletes 10% slower

Fix
•   Fixed issue not allowing you to change your screen resolution in-game
•   Fixed issue with audio playing during load sequence taking up unneccesary system resources
•   Autosave no longer happens during or just after initial cryo sequence
•   Fixed shadows hitting underground objects from the sun that didnt need to calculate shadows, should reduce drawcalls specifically in certain garrison areas by hundreds
•   Fixed an error causing the buildable container menu to not exit properly when pressing the x button
•   Fixed spamming error when using a poison dart on a security entity
•   Removed a piece of unnecessary code that would have caused some crashes
•   Fixed colliders on glass components in ARK Med Cryo area
•   Fixed null reference exception in the Reaper AI
•   Fixed animation issue occurring when sprinting with a buildable object in place mode
•   Fixed inability to hack items if they were too high off the ground
•   Fixed some input errors when clicking in the Datapad
•   Fixed objects being stuck in place mode forever if you canceled place mode while your inventory was full.
•   Fixed error with echos not being interactable by controller in the Datapad menu
•   Fixed a bunch of errors that occured when switching between main menu and game mode
•   Fixed missing Kiosk icon
•   Fixed an error with loading save data
•   Fixed input errors with controller in Pamela Ability menu
•   Fixed error with controller build menu navigation
•   Fixed an error with textmesh transitions when using the augment menu in Genesis
•   Fixed error with Pamela abilities saying they are acquired when they are not
•   Fixed the Garrison elevators incorrectly reading out the floor number of the elevator
•   Fixed an miscellaneous error with npc combat logic
•   Updated LipSync middleware to fix errors
•   Removed glass that was bisecting a corner in ARK Medical level 2
•   Fixed an error that caused npcs to play audio after death
•   Fixed visual error causing a red wall to appear super bright in ARK Medical
•   Changed all ambient sounds to stream, taking up less system memory
•   Fixed an Dotween error that was spamming, especially during spawn sequence
•   Fixed a door pad that was sunken into a wall on level two ARK Medical
•   Fixed and error with a shader reference
•   Player will no longer be damaged over time by nanite collider when in the Garrison Armory

Let us know your results in the comments; we’ll be keeping a close eye on our analytics and the forums as always to make sure these fixes work out! Expect another patch build tomorrow with several more balance tweaks and miscellaneous fixes.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 05:14:02 AM »
 I might just get in on this EA. I got in in 7 days to die, Empyrion and PZ and have been happy with those, if it's the right game I like to get in early and play while it grows, need to do a bit of research first, but it looks like fun. Thanks for posting.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Offline budd

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 05:42:17 AM »
Noticed you have a few game hours in Asid, how's the stability and load times after the last patch? Been reading up on the game, I know it's EA but I got to be able to play. Guess I could try and refund it if it don't work.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 12:18:58 PM »
Hi Bud

I have been following this for a while. Very ambitious...Small indie dev team.....

When It was released it was terrible for many. Very long load times, crashes, resolution issues. In fact it was unplayable for many people. I couldn't play it. The negativity in Steam came from the release issues.

The devs responded quickly with a patch. It fixed a lot. I can now play. Played about 90 minutes with no crash or issues. I died from starvation  :violin

It is very atmospheric. Great lighting effects. It is creepy. If when you die you can re-spawn but you loose your inventory...PERMADEATH!!!! This makes the player very cautious. When you add this with the dark rooms and corridors, it is very immersive. I found myself slowly peering into rooms. Slowly advancing down corridors. There are clues to what happened to society but the game is open world. No hand holding. Do what you want when you want BUT you gotta eat and drink!

The interface works quite well, though I might re-map a couple of keyboard keys. There is no tutorial. You just start slowly playing and I am fine with that.

Note:
Very long load times. Why? It loads the entire world into RAM  :eek . The good thing is that it is seamless. No loading when you go to another level etc. There was and possibly still is a memory leak issue. The devs are in-touch with UNITY to resolve this. Another patch is scheduled for today. The devs are active and want to fix/improve things. They will even consider changing the way the game loads and having a non permadeath option in the future. They are also still working on resolution issues.

I like it. I am not disappointed.   :thumbsup It has a lot of content at this stage. If you want to try it then I would suggest waiting a few days until one or two more patches have been released. Then you can try the 2 hour refund policy with a better version.

I look forward to my next play  :scared1

Hope this was helpful Bud.

Regards

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 03:10:49 PM »
Thx Asid, might wait until next weekend to jump in or not, depends if I get that pull the trigger impulse ;). I'm pretty relaxed about EA. By the way is that you hiding under the blanket 8)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 01:14:41 AM »
By the way is that you hiding under the blanket 8)

I came across several bodies   :scared1
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 01:22:16 AM »
Patch: PAMELA v0.1.0.19 is Live!
Community Announcements

Hello everyone! We’re ready with another Patch release, including a ton of new fixes and a huge amount of balancing tweaks across the board. Also, memory usage should be reduced, which may help users who are still experiencing crashes even after yesterday's patch.

We want to thank everyone once again for the huge amount of feedback and bug reports; we’re happy to say that we’ve hardly received any crash reports since yesterday’s patch, which is great to hear!

Special shout out to several members of the community who have provided a ton of in-depth feedback that helped greatly with this update: The Black Knight of 2fort, Anonymous2013, Smithfield, and many others who mailed in bugs and crashes. Thank you so much for your time, it truly helps us to make P.A.M.E.L.A. a better game for everyone!

And finally, the patch notes! Lots of fixes and balancing, as well as a few known issues to be aware of. We'll have another patch coming on monday or tuesday to address some of the known issues with game Settings not properly applying, along with various other fixes.

Changelog

Feature
•   Added an option for VSYNC in graphics
•   There are now Vending Machines for Buildable items around the world that you can buy various buildables from

Balance
•   Power Transmitters have 200% increased spawn rate
•   Ion Cores have a 200% spawn rate
•   Decreased Fatigue decay rate by 20%
•   Less containers are now locked, and ones that are are more likely to be easy or medium
•   Solar Charger spawn rate decreased by half
•   Flashlight spawns are now 10 times more likely to be white
•   Increased drink spawn rates in the Promenade
•   Reduced armor spawn rate in significantly in all districts except Garrison
•   Moved seed packets to food category
•   Decreased spawn rate for junk items in all districts
•   Lowered the amount of items a weapon crate will spawn, increased spawn chance
•   Added ability for medical items to be bought from Garrison Kiosks
•   Store tills no longer spawn innapropriate items, spawn more lux
•   Small safes now have 85% chance to spawn loot
•   Large safes now have 80% chance to spawn loot
•   Reduced amount of items generic containers hold
•   First Aid boxes have now have 60% chance to spawn items
•   Increased Ammo Box spawn rate to 75%
•   Ammo Boxes no longer spawn junk
•   Made new category of loot, for bosses such as the Seekers, Reapers, and Widows.
•   Lowered spawn rates on non boss NPC's
•   Armored afflicted now spawn more items than normal afflicted
•   Doubled the health of Widows
•   Afflicted now have 50% more health than Degenerated

Fix
•   Texture disk size has been reduced significantly, should not be noticeable ingame, but should decrease RAM usage and may speed up loading somewhat
•   Fixed an issue where status bars would incorrectly show information
•   Datapad text now correctly inherits its brightness values
•   Fixed a null reference exception in the spawn pool
•   Fixed a null reference exception with the AARM
•   Fixed missing collider in the back of Arcadia Lobby
•   Fixed Error being thrown by BloodFX
•   Fixed potential problem causing player to slide sideways indefinetely
•   Fixed issue causing Widows not to spawn loot
•   Fixed an echo in Genesis that was inaccessable
•   Fixed issue where circuits on the left AARM were receiving sunlight while inside
•   Fixed an issue where the highlight mesh of lux cards would zfight
•   Fixed an issue where some posters in ARK Medical were submerged into a wall
•   Fixed the placement of Cryo Bays in Garrison that did not align with the holes in the floor
•   Fixed missing collider in Garrison cryo, potentially causing people to die right after spawn
•   Fixed an issue where a broken cyanotube in ARK Medical was embedded in a wall
•   Fixed an issue with the doors in ARK Medical Cryo where opened doors blocked access to the keypad
•   Fixed another issue that caused npc sounds for Degenerated to play after death indefinetely
•   Fixed missing Colliders on Afflicted Statues
•   Fixed missing LOD groups on Afflicted Statues
•   Fixed an error with the lighting in MinSec being an order of magnitude too bright
•   Temporarily added a piece of text on the loading screen warning about the game appearing to freeze during load
•   Fixed an error with Observer movement
•   Food can no longer roll forever taking up unnecessary system resources

Known Issues

Graphics: Volumetric lighting enabled causes screen to go black; this option will be removed until fixed in future patch

Field of view Settings: does not function, and causes issues if set at any value other than 75; will be fixed in next patch

Reticle Settings: do not currently affect in-game reticle; will be fixed in next patch

Power State Alerts: several Power Notifications appear when first playing; will be fixed in next patch

Save/Load: We are aware of several issues with items not being saved. This is a high priority for us and a fix should be coming next week.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 12:51:22 AM »
Didnt want to keep taking up space in the screen shot thread with al things P.A.M.E.L.A.  to continue on with my play through, well once i went back in and hit continue i was back outside and my upgrades and my inventory was empty :bullshit ...sigh, but still had all my money. Onward and upward, continued exploring the outside got into a few fights :beatings ended up low on health and running for my life as night falls. Tried getting health from the vending machines...nope..it's like real vending machines, takes your money and doesnt give you anything , they have worked for me before this was the first with problems with the vending machines.Apparently eventually you need a bed to rest or your stamina goes to shit, saw a few never picked them up...bummer. From the forums it says no use building a base right now because when you quit it wont be there when you come back, so ill just explore around and learn the game. It's about 5am now and have pretty much been running off and on all night, im currently over by Garrison. Beside the usual enemies, which have been chasing me, came across this dude. I've been upping my stamina so outrunning them isnt a problem right now, but its dark and i keep running back into the same groups.

I slip by while he battles the drone.

the drone gets a shot in.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 01:08:46 AM »
I better go back and get a bed.....  :whistle

I keep running out of food or water...I think I have worms...Constantly hungry and thirsty  :coffee
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 02:08:04 AM »
You searching everything? Other than my first run food and water haven't been an issue, you can get money from the registers and find it laying around for the vending machines. I find canteens, 2 uses per canteen, and there usually juice laying around. By the way the vending machines have free stuff to. I have inventory space problems pretty quickly.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 02:26:01 AM »
I have been moving very slow and searching all the rooms. I get lost very easily....Keep thinking I'm gonna walk into a  :zombiewalkright
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 10:46:18 PM »
Patch coming tonight
13 MARCH

Hello Sleepers!

We will be putting a new patch live tonight, with several fixes and balancing based on the feedback you're provided since the last patch.

Many of you have asked about loading times, and when they will be improved - we're looking into several methods of decreasing loading times, and are trying to determine what's going to give us the best results without taking ages to implement.

Rest assured we are looking heavily into this. So even if you don't see any notes related to loading on our patch notes, it is something we're working on behind the scenes.

Stay tuned for the next update, and thank you as always for your continued feedback and support!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 01:42:12 AM »
Patch: PAMELA v0.1.0.20 is Live!
Community Announcements

Happy monday, Sleepers!

We've got a new patch ready, hot off the presses (and a little later than intended!). We balanced a handful of spawn rates and Vending machine costs/locations, as well as implemented a ton of various fixes including FOV & Reticle options being properly respected in game, and fixed the Warden Fist weapon to properly knock back enemies (it is very powerful... try the alternate fire!).

Another big fix for this patch is for those of you experiencing "offset" transparent objects in game. This was noticable when you move the camera around while looking at glass, in which the glass pieces would not correctly follow the rest of the environment. In case you are still experiencing this for some reason, you are able to fix it by disabling and re-enabling TAA Antialiasing.

We've also been working away on fixing the save/load systems which have been causing many of you to lose items on reloading the game, as well as fixing spawn bugs that cause your input to not work properly (stuck running, etc.). This is not implemented in this patch, but should be coming soon if all goes well.

Lastly, not included in this patch unfortunately, we brainstormed some loading time/performance improvements that we'll be diving full force into starting tomorrow. The best part is that this fix will be implemented before full level streaming, meaning we can get some (hopefully) significant loading time reductions without you guys having to wait quite as long. Stay tuned for further updates on this.

As always, thank you all for the wealth of feedback and bug repots (again, Black Knight of 2fort and Anonymous2013 put up incredibly helpful write ups!) and Leonihtus for the thoroughly awesome guide to P.A.M.E.L.A.'s environmental power system! It's amazing to see you guys working together to figure out the game's inner workings and story.

Without further ado, the patch notes!

Feature
•   Added a womens and mens washroom to the ARK Cryo Area

Balance
•   The 4 types of safes are now much more likely to spawn Weapons
•   Augment Coupons are no longer free.....(oops)
•   There is now only one buildable kiosk in each district
•   Garrison and ARK outposts now have loot specific to them
•   Cryo Cores and Turrets should no longer be purchaseable with Lux
•   Kiosks can no longer spawn 6-12 individual items, but 2-9
•   Upgrades are no longer an extremely common drop from safes

Fix
•   Added several missing scene objects into Lightmap, *could* reduce loading times on some computers
•   Fixed FoV slider
•   Warden's Fist now correctly applies Force!
•   Fixed an issue causing the Augment Station's UI to not work properly
•   Fixed issue causing the VIS-R to glitch on and off
•   Wanted level now properly decreases over time (from full to 0 in 20 minutes)
•   Fixed an issue where wanted level would not reset on death
•   Fixed a safe that was embedded in a kiosk in ARK Medical
•   Fixed a large missing collider mesh between Origin and Arcadia
•   Fixed a potential issue causing the trees in the Archives to be culled
•   Fixed Flytext showing up while spawning showing the powerstates being set
•   Fixed Issue where Garrison Elevators had a mixup between buttons for Upper Lobby and Main Lobby
•   Fixed Missing Spawn points in the Promenade/Arcadia/Origin Station/Oasis Garrison Outpost
•   Fixed Missing Spawn points in the Promenade/Arcadia/Oasis/Garrison ARK outpost
•   Fixed a missing collider behind the Cryo pods in ARK Medical
•   Fixed issue with Reticule not being able to be turned on and off
•   Fixed Chromatic abberation setting
•   Fixed an Emergency shutter in Arcadia that was shifted by 2 meters.
•   Fixed the fountain on Arcadia Level 4
•   Volumetric light option has been temporarily removed
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 07:44:38 PM »
Saved Game Errors on Last Patch - Read Here!
14 MARCH

Hello Sleepers!

An issue has come to our attention with the patch that went out last night, in which players are losing items/corrupting saves when selecting Continue Game. We apologize for this issue and are hard at work on a fix (coming in the next patch, which will be tomorrow).

In the meantime, if you have experienced any issues with continuing an existing game, please start a new game which should fix the issue temporarily until the patch tomorrow hits.

You will still keep all Genome Point abilities that you have previously unlocked however; it is just the world save file that will be reset. We apologize again for the issue, stay tuned for the next patch coming tomorrow with a fix for this issue as well as several others!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: