Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition  (Read 7369 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition
« on: March 06, 2017, 01:31:42 PM »

Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition

Glory is Fleeting, Obscurity is Forever...
“Better not to have been born than to live without glory.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

Official Site: Here
Official forum: Here
Product page: Here

Manual: PDF E-Book
Editor: Moddable Data Files
Theatre: Eastern Europe, Western Europe
Unit Scale: Division, Squad
Turn Scale: Monthly
Players: 1-8
AI: Yes
PBEM: Yes

About This Game
 Two centuries ago, Europe was in the midst of one of the most gripping periods in human history. It was an era that saw cobblers become princes and emperors become exiles, an age of legendary diplomats and brilliant tacticians. Listen to the roll of the drum, the call of the bugle, and see the banners unfurled above the divisions and corps. Wide-eyed recruits march next to battle-scarred veterans, sabers clatter alongside the bags of grapeshot, the wheels of hundreds of caissons rattle, as generals plan and diplomats plot, and all of Europe grasps with desperate hands for… The Crown Of Glory.

This new Emperor’s Edition is a sequel to the acclaimed Crown of Glory and improves on the original in every area, immersing the player in the epic events of the Napoleonic era. A beautiful strategic map with more than 200 provinces covers all of Europe and North Africa, with scenarios and campaigns from 1792 up to 1820. Stronger AI, a streamlined interface and a new simplified economic model to allow players to focus on the aspects of the game they most enjoy. Players take the role of one of the crowned potentates of any of the eight Major powers as well as having the option to play as a minor power such as Poland, Denmark or Portugal.

Historical leaders, special abilities, fleets, upgrades, reinforcements, colonialism, guard units and over 100 historical events, give Crown Of Glory: Emperor's Edition a unique and engrossing style. Combining Strategy and Tactics in one design, Crown Of Glory: Emperor's Edition offers you an opportunity to test your strength in an age of legends.

Features

•   Emperor's Edition Improvements:
•   New strategic map including a network of roads connecting provinces 70 new movement areas on the strategic map
•   New Simple Economy mode for players who want to concentrate on military / diplomacy
•   6 new minor powers
•   101 new historical events such as Reign of Terror, Janissary Revolt, and Assassination of Paul I
•   Map zooms in and out smoothly on strategic and detailed combat levels
•   Nations gain Experience and Naval Experience and use these to purchase national upgrades, advanced units, and special training for units
•   Improved orders of battle in all scenarios with historical names for hundreds of divisions and ships
•   New scenarios for 1803 and 1812
•   New scenarios that allow Portugal, Bavaria, Denmark, the Netherlands, and Poland to be player-controlled
•   Changes to strategic A.I. to create more historical decisions for certain nations
•   New Path of Napoleon victory condition in which player must try to accomplish all of Napoleons goals
•   New rules for inflation and mobilization limits to better model wartime effects on the economy and to limit army sizes to historical levels
•   New rules for march attrition
•   New interface screens for strategic overview, unit and province lists
•   Ability to fight detailed battles at division or brigade level
•   New system of in-game help
•   New music and sound effects

Improvements to Detailed Land Battles:
•   Cavalry units can deploy cavalry screens in detailed battle
•   Units can set a reaction radius in detailed battle that allows units to fire at enemy units, to move to intercept them, or to change rotation to face moving enemy units
•   New system for handling threat zones and formation changes
•   New Pursuit Phase at end of combat
•   Completely new A.I. for detailed battle Can now give long-range movement orders to units and to entire military groups

New Detailed Naval Battles at the Ship Level!
•   Wind speed and direction affects movement and combat Ships have five different sail states Damage to hull, guns, carronades, rigging, crew, leaders Fire round shot, chain shot, or canister shot 20 different critical hit types to ships, such as fire and rudder shot away Grappling and boarding

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 01:39:26 PM »
Crown of Glory: Emperor’s Edition Tutorial Videos

Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition -- Tutorial Video "The Basics"

Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition -- Tutorial Video "Land Combat "

Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition -- Tutorial Video "Naval Combat "

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 01:56:46 PM »
Crown of Glory: Emperor’s Edition Modders Guide

Download: Here
File size: 920KB
Pages: 42
Compiled by: Bryan J. Morgan
Date: March 2009
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 02:08:58 PM »
Reserved
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline JasonPratt

• Now let us see what the future will bring...
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 02:15:06 PM »
I own this game (both the original and upgraded EE, though I think I threw the former away as unsellable once I got the latter  :P ), but I've barely ever played it. I'm a big fan of the Civil War game the devs released between these editions, Forge of Freedom, from which the EE borrows some updates. CoG:EE is necessarily a much more involved game than FoF, of course: the multiple nations make sure of that! (Also the physically larger scope.)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Mp Decisive Campaigns: Blitzkrieg videos (finished)

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

Survive Harder! Season Two complete; Blood Bowl Amazons AAR

Offline Tuna

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 04:33:27 PM »
I'm in the same boat, own it/never really got into it/loved the Civil War version. I was almost going to try and get into it around a month ago. But something else attracted my attention and I never got around to it.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 07:17:57 PM »
How to fix missing regional bonus units

By: lucr41

Problem:
It is not possible to receive regional bonus units from most Regions during the annual spring levee. Only the Kingdom of Naples seems to yield these units.

Cause:
The problem resides in the COG2Regions.txt file, which defines the provinces required for each Region. It appears this file was ported over from First Edition CoG as is, without being modified to take into account the many changes to provinces in the updated COGEE map.

Fix:
I have modified this file to correct these errors. I have attached a replacement file.

Some of my changes are open to debate as I tried to make the Region definitions historically accurate. Most regions historically had a starting set of territories, to which more was added over time. It is a bit difficult to draw a line for game purposes. My attempt was to define the Region with the historical starting set of provinces and leave it to the player to add more provinces, if desired.

Modifications:
- Duchy of Warsaw: removed Krakow (182) as a required province, and added Petrokov (259)
- Kingdom of Bavaria: removed Tyrolia (125) as a required province, and added Augsburg (235)
- Kingdom of Naples: added Abruzzi (231) as a required province
- Kingdom of Italy: removed Carniola (123) and Parma (210) as required provinces and added Romagna (229)
- Confederation of Rhine: removed Westphalia (140) as home province, and added Hesse (145)
- Confederation of Rhine: added Upper Palatinate (211), Munich (147), Augsburg (235), Nassau (233), Wurzburg (234) and Lusatia (257) as required provinces
- Kingdom of Serbia: added Serbia (203) as home province
- Kingdom of Serbia: added Belgrade (245) and Nish (100) as required provinces
- set regional bonus units for Kingdom of Serbia as 1 Infantry and 1 Irregular Cavalry

Download file (0.85 kB): HERE

Original post: HERE
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 12:02:52 AM »
Consolidated Mods and Fixes

By: lucr41 5/6/2017
"I have consolidated in this thread, all the Mods and Fixes that I use when playing COGEE."

The Mods and Fixes in the attached zipped file cover the following:
1. Generals for 1792 Scenario
2. Events Fix
3. Regions Fix
4. Change Province Ownership
5. Upgrades Fix

The contents of this thread is a collection from previous threads opened in the main part of this forum.

Download file (1.65MB): HERE

Original post: HERE
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Mafia: Definitive Edition

Started by Asid