Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Hellion - Space survival game (Super Hardcore Game)  (Read 25004 times)

Offline Attila

Hellion - Space survival game (Super Hardcore Game)
« on: March 05, 2017, 01:05:13 PM »
HELLION - Space survival game  - Only for Hardcore Survival Gamers

Let start from the beginning, you guys know that I am big fan of "realistic" space games and survival games. I was scanning trough Steam Game Queues (most games are crap) after few hours searching and destroying my mouse left button (clicking "Not Interested") something shown up : Hellion

Steam Video was very promising, but wait it is Early Access and cost a little more than I normally sped on EA (not Electronic Arts) games (U$ 24.-), also Steam review showed "Mixed"  ???

But I decided to read some of the reviews and was lucky to find some very good stuff. To make it short, most of the complains came from casual players, they have a problem of HARDCORE approach of this game.

So here a list that gives a little insight of this game:

• Realistic scale solar system
  • Newtonian Physics - realistic space physics
  • Orbital mechanics
  • Seamless transitions
  • Persistent universe
  • Realistic sound propagation
  • Vacuum and decompression
  • Asteroid EVA mining
  • Refining
  • Piloting and Navigation
  • Scanning
  • Different propulsion systems
  • EVA - Realistic zero gravity movement - I SAY REALISTIC ZERO GRAVITY !!!!!

This list above are functionality they till now implemented in the game 100%, ohh one thing this is in my personal opinion about this game: This is a SIMULATION made right.

Here the Weblink for more info's : https://www.playhellion.com/#

STEAM Store Page for Hellion : http://store.steampowered.com/app/588210/

I will post here my experience with this game - videos, screenshots, reviews and discussions. Trough the nature of this game, I would be happy when some of you guys would join in for co-op Space Survival and Explorations.

THIS IS HARDCORE GAME - ONLY FOR SPECIAL AUDIENCE
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Hellion - Space survival game (Super Hardcore Game)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 01:27:50 PM »
I watched a video on this last night after you told me about it. It shares some similarities with Rogue System. This uses Newtonian physics.

Interesting  :teach

I look forward to more of your posts on this.

Thanks for posting.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Attila

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 04:55:11 PM »
My first steps in Hellion :

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 05:21:18 PM »
This looks cool. Thx for making the video.

I have 1 question....How you manage to not talk for 30 minute?  :eek
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Beef

• Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 05:32:15 PM »

I have 1 question....How you manage to not talk for 30 minute?  :eek

He probably didn't realize his mic was muted / turned off--thank the gods for that!

I also have been keeping an eye on this game. The one issue I have is that it is multiplayer only and I see it quickly de-volving into an environment full of griefers who will ruin any fun a player such as myself would have.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 05:36:27 PM »

I also have been keeping an eye on this game. The one issue I have is that it is multiplayer only and I see it quickly de-volving into an environment full of griefers who will ruin any fun a player such as myself would have.

Play with Attila.....People will not come near.... :roker
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Attila

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 05:36:41 PM »
To clarify - the mic was on, but this is a hardcore game so you need to concentrate and every move in outer space can be you last.

Also one thing about the game, you can run your own server (dedicated) so you play only with people you want.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 05:40:11 PM by Attila »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 05:49:29 PM »
To clarify - the mic was on, but this is a hardcore game so you need to concentrate and every move in outer space can be you last.

In space no one can hear you scream...Unless you are Attila....

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Beef

• Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 10:59:44 PM »
It'd be more like this with Attila...we'd have to tell him to get off the nuclear weapon.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 02:18:57 PM »
Patch 0.2.1 - update
HELLION - Mr. Yankovich

Attention!

We have captured the culprits and recovered the warp cells.Ship is back on track. Signal reestablished. Investigation closed.

Hellion 0.2.1 patch will be deployed tomorrow (Friday July 7th). Servers will be down from 10:00 UTC until 11:00 UTC, and they will be wiped to ensure proper patch deployment.
Your patience is appreciated! (And resistance is futile ;-))

We have a little something for you to make up for the wait: it is HELLION - Dev Q&A and gameplay Part 1, recorded and produced by Quertier:

If you like what you've seen, have in mind that the second and third installments of this Q&A session will be available later today. Also, subscribe to Quertier`s channel to give him a thumbs up for his work.

Take care and fly safe,
Zero Gravity team

Patch 0.2.1 notes

Greetings everyone!

First, thank you all for your feedback on the 0.2. update; we will continue to work on bug fixing, optimization and performance improvement. With that in mind, patch 0.2.1 will be released on July 6th. Servers will be down from 10:00 UTC until 11:00 UTC , and they will be wiped to ensure proper patch deployment.

For private servers:
- Update your server and game client
- Delete server save files

New Features / Changes/ Improvements:

- Melee combat added.
- New melee weapon - crowbar added.
- Scanner tweak: results of scans around smaller celestials should now have less fuzzy objects while derelicts around Bethyr should be easier to identify on a scan.
- Loot distribution tweaked - certain items will spawn more often.
- Shortened time for re-pressurizing ship cargo.
- Number of CO2 filter slots in ship’s LSM reduced from five to two.
- New sound effects are implemented for Turret, EMP Grenade,No-Helmet--
Suffocation and few other things.
- New animations:Crowbar swing, fist punch.

Bug fixes:

- AltCorp Corridor Vertical (CSM-AC) colliders missing/flying through object.
- Cargo and Security terminal panels blinking when a player looks at them under certain angle.
- Predefined stations not showing on map after server restart.
- Selecting video settings freezes the game.
- Placed item near wall in ALtCorp PowerSupply Module (PSM-AC) would fall through.
- Ship’s RCS leakage when module is docked.
- Destructible items (turret, grenade) would always have 100 HP(on server) regardless of actual values set.
EDIT:
- Various interaction problems with pilot chair (pilot unable to sit, pilot stuck in chair, etc.)
- After server restart loot is not respawning.

Known bugs list:
https://www.playhellion.com/forum/discussion/33/known-bugs
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 04:09:47 PM »
Tweaks, improvements, loot distribution and future concepts
13 July - ZG_Smorty

Greetings survivors,

How’s the harsh world of Hellion treating you? Today’s post will cover a number of improvements that you can expect in the upcoming patch, as well as some additional info about Zones and the Loot Distribution system. Also, we will tease a number of visual improvements that we are working on.

Let’s kick things off with Zones and Loot. These features made their debut with the 0.2 update but we still want to provide a bit more info regarding this system and the placement of zones. After all a good loot system is only useful if players can understand how it works. Since all items are broken down into categories and further divided into quality tiers, a few questions were bound to emerge. Military zones are usually packed with weapons, ammo and various tools of destruction. These zones are also the best place to search for power supply modules, Command modules and abandoned ships that you can confiscate. Industrial zones are loaded with mining gear, specialized EVA equipment and cargo bay modules as well as various refined and raw resources just waiting to be picked up. Finally civilian areas are full of decorations, crew quarters modules, airlocks, life support systems and medical supplies. Below is the map of Hellion’s zones. As a rule of thumb, the further the zone is from the starting area, the higher its tier.

However, these zones are somewhat pointless if getting to them will take hours. Since we want players to explore and try their luck in higher tier zones, the next update will address the Warp Drive speed issue. Overall players can expect significantly shorter warp times when moving between different planets.

Now let’s go over a few additional improvements that players can expect. Aside from numerous fixes a lot of effort is being put into optimization and improving player experience. Ship controls have been tweaked slightly so traveling towards a distant target should now prove to be a pleasant cruise rather than a nerve wracking adventure.

To further optimize the user interface and eliminate annoyances, you can also expect a targeting reticle feature, toggleable from the options menu. Those that compare picking up canisters to finding a needle in a haystack will appreciate it, while players that prefer immersion will most likely turn it of. It should also make EVA maneuvering a bit easier.

And last but not least here’s a tease of something our concept team is currently working on:

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline JasonPratt

• Now let us see what the future will bring...
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 05:56:32 PM »
Definitely keeping an eye on this.  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Mp Decisive Campaigns: Blitzkrieg videos (finished)

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

Survive Harder! Season Two complete; Blood Bowl Amazons AAR

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 10:54:55 AM »
Patch 0.2.2 notes
20 July - ZG_Smorty   

Patch 0.2.2 will be deployed on Thursday, July 20. Servers will be down from 10:00 UTC until 11:00 UTC, and they will be wiped to ensure proper patch deployment.

For private servers:

Patch Notes:

Nav-Map improvements:

Completely reworked the Nav-Map. Interface moved to overlay, rather than world-space canvas. Players can expect more functionality, better visibility and improved responsiveness.

- “Warp To” button added to the coordinates screen.
- Custom orbits can now be modified by clicking on arrows over relevant orbit parameters. Changing parameters by clicking and dragging the orbit points is not working at the moment. It will be implemented at a later date.
- Orbital parameters that can be adjusted are now highlighted in green.
- Custom orbit is now automatically removed after warp.
- Added distance to target and power consumption indicators to the warp cell selection screen.
- Initialize warp button is now grayed out if warp maneuver is impossible.

Flight controls improvements:

- Adjusted player camera position when piloting the ship. As a result ship crosshair and radar indicators are now properly synced, eliminating drifting and unwanted offset while flying.

- Lateral speed indicators inverted to be in sync with docking indicators.

- Improved lateral indicator sensitivity, making them more responsive and easier to use.

Warp Drive improvements:

- Warp speed increased to be in line with recent zone and loot distribution changes. Short distance warp travel should remain roughly the same, but long distance warps now take considerably less time.

- Slightly tweaked how Warp works:
- Warp 1 - Intended for short distance jumps (changing orbit)
- Warp 2 - Intended for medium distance jumps (Planet -> Moon)
- Warp 3 - Intended for long distance jumps (Planet -> Planet)

- Warp Cell consumption tweaked and increased to compensate for shorter flight times.

Other improvements:

- Server sorting improvement - disabled servers will now always show on the bottom of the list.

- Increased maximum air filtration output of life support nodes from 0.12 to 0.3, making it in line with the maximum filtration capacity of Life Support’s Air Filter System. As a result air quality should improve at a faster rate.

- Added on screen crosshair. It can be toggled on/off from the options menu.

- Weapons now shoot from camera to the center of the screen (crosshair).

Audio:

- Added Basketball Sound Effects

Optimization:

- Command Module Optimization
- Ship optimization

Bug Fixes:

- Dimed (dark) screen on game launch
- Character camera swapping when interacting with the piloting chair
- Endless loading problem
- Infinite ‘loading’ when game server unavailable after death screen
- Nav-map frame rate drop with multiple objects
- Ship cargo re-pressurize speed
- Small canister repeatable animation when holding LMB
- Ship cargo constant oxygen consumption when depressurized/vented
- Ship cargo oxygen loss when re-pressurizing
- Industrial container missing RCS recourse injector
- Delay in filling jetpack with Small Canister
- Security terminal doesn't save after server restart or crash
- Press J to warp overlapping with M on screen
- Fixed stations not showing proper names

Known Bugs:
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 01:26:36 AM »
Patch 0.2.3 notes
2 August - ZG_Smorty

Greetings Hellion survivors!

Patch 0.2.3 will be deployed tomorrow and here are the patch notes for it.

Patch 0.2.3 will be deployed on Thursday, August 3. Servers will be down from 10:00 UTC until 11:00 UTC, and they will be wiped to ensure proper patch deployment.

For private servers:

Important note

We will be changing the bi-weekly patch schedule into a monthly schedule starting after tomorrow’s patch deployment.

Reduced patch frequency will allow us to properly test and implement new features that we are currently working on and also extend time between server wipes giving players more time for exploration and base building. We believe this will accommodate frequent requests by the community for more time to develop their space stories and continued progress in the world of Hellion.

General Improvements

Preloading:

- Added scenes preloading optimisation that preloads all game scenes at start significantly reducing load times in game.

- Preloading is on by default for systems with at least 6GB of RAM and off for systems with less.

- This option can be manually deactivated by directly editing the properties.ini file (located in:\Steam\steamapps\common\HELLION) and changing the following values:
load_type=0 (Simple mode - no caching)

- Added loading screen while preloading scenes.

Other improvements:

- Station despawn improvement - default value is now: 48 hours. Each docked module after the first adds + 48h.

- Note that this despawn function works for stations with authorized characters.

- Abandoned stations (without authorized characters) will despawn after 15 minutes.

- Disabled all security panels on Premade Stations. Players should no longer be able to authorize themselves on Premade Stations.

- Tweaked loot distribution values. Parts, especially Resource Injectors and Servomotors should now spawn more frequently.

Nav-Map Improvements

- Added click and drag manipulators for custom orbits. Players can now use mouse to adjust position, apoapsis, periapsis and angle values.

- Position indicator will now retain its angle/position when adjusting apoapsis/periapsis values.

- Added click and drag option for adjusting activation/arrival points when setting up a warp maneuver.

Infrastructure Improvements

We are introducing new official servers that are expected to improve overall performance. These servers cover Europe, Russia and Oceania. New US servers will be deployed at a later date.

Graphics optimisation

AltCorp_Starting Module optimization
AltCorp_Corridor Module optimization
AltCorp_Corridor Intersection Module optimization
AltCorp_Corridor 45T Module optimization
AltCorp_Corridor 45TL Module optimization
AltCorp_Corridor Vertical Module optimization
AltCorp_PowerSupply Module optimization

Bug fixes

- Despawn ship/module with active player(s) inside.
- Command module occlusion glitch when player outside or far away.
- Wall fan occlusion glitch in starting module.
- Repeatedly loaded scenes stay in client forever.
- Planets/moons show smaller on Nav-Map than in-game.
- Cannot pick up several objects from spawn points in PSM.
- Corridor Module occlusion reverted when player inside.

Fly safe,
Zero Gravity Team
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 12:51:36 AM »
Patch 0.2.4 notes

6 September - ZG_Smorty   

Greetings Hellion survivors!

As we promised a new patch for Hellion is ready to be uploaded tomorrow, a month after the previous one. We had more time to fix some of the bigger issues and make the game more enjoyable. You can check out the list of changes and additional information below.

Patch 0.2.4 will be deployed on Thursday, September 7. Servers will be down from 10AM UTC until 11AM UTC. Servers will be wiped to ensure proper patch deployment.

For private servers:
- Update your server and game client.
- Delete server save files.

NavMap Improvements
- NavMap optimisation.
- NavMap now properly groups overlapping nearby objects. Players can click the group icon to display a list of all nearby objects.
- Ship icon should now always be visible on the NavMap.
- Scanning optimisation.
- Remove warp line when warp finished or failed.
- Removed obsolete NavMap filter options from the interface.

Ship Engine Tweaks
- Ship engine controls reworked. When ship engines are activated (default key ENTER) players can use standard forward/backward controls (default keys W,S) to accelerate/decelerate using engines instead of RCS. Players also have the option to set constant engine thrust values for longer journeys (default keys NUMPAD +,-).
- Engine power consumption tweaked. Power supply screen should now display proper values when the engines are operational.

General Improvements
- Players can now check blog news in-game. In-game home screen changed to fit Blog news.
- Disabled all docking ports on premade stations. Players can no longer dock a Command Module to take ownership of premade stations.
- Removed "Call Ship" and "Distress call" buttons from premade stations.
- Added confirmation before applying video settings.
- Texture quality slider can only be adjusted when in menu (out of game). It is disabled by default when in-game.
- Implemented automatic server restart after a predefined amount of time.
- Added automatic server restart configuration to GameServer.ini file.
- Server info added to server browser list.
- Server info configuration added to the GameServer.ini file.
- Added report server option in server list and server menu.
- Added tooltip information when trying to loot dead bodies (default key F).
- Added missing glossary descriptions for several objects and added Hellion System Zone map to the glossary located under Lore and History tab.
- Loading screen concept art added.
- Server browser visual changes for added server information.

Security Improvements
- All lockable doors linked to the security system. Players who are on the "authorised personnel list" on the ship/command module security panel can now open/close locked doors.
- Ships no longer transfer their security authorisation to docked/grappled modules. As a result, turrets that spawn in various modules remain hostile even when module is docked/grappled to the ship.
- Command Modules now properly transfer authorisation to all docked modules and turrets.

Optimisation and module improvements
- Double checked optimisation for multiple modules and reworked as necessary.
- Turrets can no longer shoot through walls and closed doors.
- All items can now correctly be picked up from LS nodes in all modules.
- Changed RCS fuel from Nitrogen to Nitro for all modules.
- AltCorp_LifeSupport_Module optimisation.
- AltCorp_Airlock Module optimisation.
- AltCorp_Cargo Module optimisation.
- AltCorp_Crew Quarters Module optimisation.
- Reflection Probe Rework.

Bug fixes:
- Not able to pick up battery from ship cargo.
- Ship grappling hook missing collider.
- Cannot pickup slotted ammo from gun magazine attache points.
- Server client communication when matching velocity - results in position change on client.
- Starting module lights not working when low pressure.
- Server errors and crash due to Unhandled Exception.
- Docking ports not showing in the target list after warp and undocking grappled module.
- CQM Med-pack fridge placing med-packs on wrong place when putted in.
- Stuck on connecting to game server no response from server.
- Cannot use SHIFT to grab onto the hull of some modules.
- Life Support Module not working when docked to base.
- Power Consumption Bug. Capacitor draining when Output > Consumption.
- Dockable Container Ports don't work.
- Loot respawns in modules that have been taken by players and attached to their stations.
- Turrets get detached from attach points because of distance optimisation.
- Ship casts lights on planets.
- When default video settings are clicked they should be saved immediately.
- Despawn timer restarts after server reset.
- Airlock Module doors not connected to the security system.
- Sun is bigger on nav map.
- In-game loading icon stays on screen results in unable to get back to the server.
- Power supply panel in PS module inactive.
- After server restart Turrets lose tracers or fire blank shots.
- Cannot pick up items in CM.
- Refined resource Canister has only nitro in it.
- Infinite loading icon and invisible module(s).
- Systems interconnection issue across docked modules.
- Persistence - systems auto reactivate after server restart.
- Spamming call rescue ship button results in multiple ships spawning at outpost.

Known Bugs List

Fly safe,
Zero Gravity Team
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: