Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Tom Clancy's Wildlands Open Beta  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
Tom Clancy's Wildlands Open Beta
« on: February 28, 2017, 03:45:21 AM »
Last night I had the opportunity to play Wild lands in the open Beta. The following is my take on the game.
At first I thought there would a lot of issues with it as a beta. There did not seem to be. I played for about 3 hours, and enjoyed it very much. You can play solo, or as part of a crew of friends or just public players. The graphics on low scale, which is what my GTX 760 was able to play it at, was good. A little cartoon like due to the low resolution, but I was able to play it at 3440/ 1440 with no issues on low settings. I was able to get 60FPS on the benchmark which is in game. The AI team members are a little slow, but are always in support. I liked the multiple types of missions from stealth, assault, recon, support, and a story line. I played it multiple ways. I tried the recon to attack, assault, and roll up in a Gatling gun hummer killing fools. It was a lot of fun, and I think for those with the PC specs to play this, and also the prequel to this the division, that many of us would have a lot of fun playing together. Emphasis on together, as I think many of the group would get bored after awhile playing it alone. There is rebel support, vehicle driving which is much like Arma in the control of the vehicle, multiple factions with the cartel and national police that help them, and civilians. I did not even scratch the surface of the game in the 3 hours, but I did play 3 hours straight. It has a steep price starting out for the main game at $60.00 USD.
Maybe those in the group would like to look at these types of games as a small group/squad game, and start up learning to work together. I can see it helping for Arma, and in someways for other tactical strategy/shooter games as well.
I am most likely going to get this game, which will mean I will be buying an upgraded graphics card to play on higher setting in the near future with tax money. Hopefully I will see and play with others in the near future as well.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

Re: Tom Clancy's Wildlands Open Beta
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 04:54:35 AM »
Im keeping my eye on it but im a little concerned about third person view in something that supposed to be a "realistic" tactical shooter.
Though I dont think its supposed to be super realistic but not bullet sponges like The Division.

Will be curious to hear more.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 05:07:20 AM »
Im keeping my eye on it but im a little concerned about third person view in something that supposed to be a "realistic" tactical shooter.
Though I dont think its supposed to be super realistic but not bullet sponges like The Division.

Will be curious to hear more.
The nice thing is that you still keep the iron site view when shooting. It also lets you do things from advanced war fighter with the squad. Definitely keeping my eye on it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 10:56:00 AM »
Thanks for your early views on Wildlands Cougar.

I remember playing Rainbow 6 and Ghost recon online years ago with my friends. It was a great experience. I think it would not have been as fun playing with strangers.

The price will put some off but it will drop in a few months and it will appear on sales.

This will probably have the now common DLC's......

There was a lot of interest in The Division but that died out. This might be the same.

I look forward to reading more of your views/thoughts on this.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags:

Satisfactory : first-person open-world factory building game

Started by Asid

Replies: 21