Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Armored Brigade Is Officially Announced!  (Read 41105 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Armored Brigade Is Officially Announced!
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2019, 01:02:36 AM »
Armored Brigade has been officially updated to version 1.006

Armored Brigade has been officially updated to version 1.006!

This update brings many important improvements, including:

- Helicopter 'covered' path mode option implemented

- Better "Seek cover" SOP option

- Wedge, vee, line and echeloned line formations improved

- And many more!

You can update the update from here

Check the full changelog below:

FIX
The Polish ZPU-2 AA-gun wreck sprite was misnamed.
Helicopters always returned to the battle position #1 after HQ CAS.

Engine
Implement the helicopter covered/quickest path mode option.
Improve the wedge, vee, line and echeloned line formations. There's much less movement between the formation left/right sides, especially with large formations.
Implement the 'fortified' (not dug-in) scenario defence level option.
Allow the battle go on without a limit after the end conditions have been reached.
Implement the 'seek cover' SOP option.
Implement the message action options system.
Implement the 'enemy ground unit spotted' message.
Implement the 'orient listener with the locked unit' audio option.
The illumination flare brightness is limited when the flares overlap.
Add more map editor mode terrain type hotkeys.
Add the 'Winterburan' scenario.

UI
Store all the battle event messages and allow mouse wheel scrolling on the message list.
Show the ammunition details when the mouse cursor is on the unit weapon info panel.
Add the 'fire all' buttons for artillery HE, DPICM and illumination rounds.
Update the SOP menu button style.
Show explosion icons for artillery and mortar shells and bombs.
When moving helicopters, scroll the screen automatically to the selected helicopter battle position.
Show the helicopter BP/TRP name when designating them or moving helicopters.
Show the 'player character' hint less often.
Show the on-map mortar and artillery minimum and maximum ranges and the illumation shell radius when setting the target area.
Update hotkey: 'Custom fast compression': Ctrl+Tab.
Update the blue map location label color.
Update the credits.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Ligthert

• I do things on the Internets!
    • Ligthert Online
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2019, 07:17:41 PM »
This looks like something better than DCS World - Combined Arms or Combat Mission: Black Sea. Both riddled with clunky UI, bugs and lacking in optimization.

What are your experiences with this game?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2019, 09:15:30 AM »
This looks like something better than DCS World - Combined Arms or Combat Mission: Black Sea. Both riddled with clunky UI, bugs and lacking in optimization.

What are your experiences with this game?

I dont have the sim yet. But be aware that all the fancy 3D core from the trailer is only staged as show case.
Because of that I dont think that the gameplay of AB could be really compared with the mentioned titles. Its just too different, I guess.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Ligthert

• I do things on the Internets!
    • Ligthert Online
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2019, 09:59:57 AM »
Is it closer to Wargame (Air/land battle)?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2019, 02:42:46 PM »
This critical review might be useful:/topic/11699-wargames/?page=13&tab=comments#comment-185927
Edit: Link is broken for some reason.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 03:42:43 PM by Rinix »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I ride inside Steel Beasts.

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2019, 06:00:16 PM »

I would guess that AB is more SIM while Wargame is more arcade.
ATM I have no better idea than a certain comparison to Command Ops.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Selva

• -= Hk =-
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2019, 05:31:13 PM »

I would guess that AB is more SIM while Wargame is more arcade.
ATM I have no better idea than a certain comparison to Command Ops.

i think that there's no way to comparison Airland Battle with AB. Both are different focused war sims. However, AB lacks many realistic future. As my review said, there are several flaws that compromises the game's realism and playability.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Archtung Panzer!

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2019, 12:02:30 AM »
Armored Brigade first Nation Pack is announced! With a free surprise

The Cold War is cold no more. NATO countries are facing their Warsaw Pact counterparts right in the middle of Europe, furiously fighting to control the Fulda-Gap and close key-locations.

But Germany is not the only European Front where the Soviet High Command is looking to overcome the West resistance.

On the south, a century-old hot border is ready to erupt into fire. Yugoslavia, although not a “Soviet” state, is willing to take advantage of the chaos in which the totality of Western Nations has been embroiled. Their eyes run along the Italian border and the important port of Trieste, the acquisition of which could be of immense value for its economy. The JNA (Yugoslav People's Army) is equipped with hardware of high efficiency and it is not afraid to use it on its old enemy.

Italy, even if marked by endemic inner political weaknesses, is not blind to the Yugoslavian claims and maneuvers. Its Army is not the inefficient and burdened system that collapsed in WWII. Being a member of NATO and of the EEC has brought enormous economic advantages and its Army has benefitted from decades of renovation and training in Europe and in military operations abroad.

Will the plains of Italy be the next battleground in the war that could end everything?

Veitikka Studios, developers of the praised wargame Armored Brigade, is proud to announce their first DLC, bringing Italy and Yugoslavia into the war!

The DLC comes with two new factions, 250 new units, and a colossal and ultra-detailed new map, the Gorizia Border!

Check the Product page here for more details!

But news is not over. Since its release in November, Armored Brigade gathered enormous attention from the players’ community due to its flexibility, wide range of units and factions combined with a seldom-seen realism. However, its heavily skirmish oriented mode had put many people on the fence, wondering if any new game mode would be added in the future. The day has come, as together with the Nation Pack DLC developers will release an update featuring, among many other goodies, a Campaign Generator tool! And it will come for free!

We will release more information on the update (and the DLC, of course) further along the road, but for the moment suffice to say that it will allow to carry over your units from battle to battle following different geographic locations depending on your victory outcomes!

Stay tuned for further updates!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2019, 12:02:59 AM »

Product page

Armored Brigade Nation Pack: Italy - Yugoslavia is a DLC for Armored Brigade. You need to have the main game in order to play with this expansion

Following World War II, Italy has struggled with negative memories of defeat and mediocre performances, long labouring under the stigma of failure and incompetence. Merely a remnant of a past to be forgotten, war was expressly rejected in the Constitution, but the creation of NATO meant that the Italian Armed Forces were quickly reorganised and expanded within a totally different international framework than before. Preparing for a feared invasion from the east, likely via Yugoslavia, Italy played an important role in the Mediterranean. Still, the country’s strategic culture, a mixture of realpolitik and pacifist tendencies, severely impacted it’s military policies.

The Italian Army at first glance might seem under-equipped compared to its NATO peers. However, it should be noted that they were supposed to defend a well-fortified, and mostly rugged mountainous terrain on their eastern border. Moreover, quality of units varied significantly across the Army. Some were better trained or better equipped, for example the famous Alpini mountain troops or selected armoured and mechanised brigades. Nevertheless, a player might still feel being under-gunned or lacking in certain aspects, so his armoured, mechanized or infantry force should be always reinforced by strong support assets. This also means a great care should be given to mobility, flanking engagements, and emphasizing maximum use of terrain cover; providing for a challenging and dynamic playstyle.

On the other side of the fence was Yugoslavia. Geographically situated between a NATO anvil and the Soviet hammer, the prospect of invasion would permanently dominate Yugoslav strategic plans. Particularly since witnessing the Warsaw Pact intervention in Czechoslovakia in 1968, Yugoslav military doctrine focused on combining its large field army with the guerrilla experience of the Partisans in World War II. In planning, this would entail the armed forces to conduct conventional warfare along a nationwide front, buying time for reserves and the general population to mobilize. Small Territorial Defence units would engage alongside beside regular troops in their local areas, emphasizing mobility and light anti-personnel and anti-armour weapons.

Because armament parity with likely opponents, both in quality and quantity, was hard to achieve, Yugoslavs tried to use limited national defense resources in the most efficient way, rarely if ever squandering even the most obsolete weapons. Units in the game, as well the combat tactics, reflects this strategy. Yugoslavia is a very balanced, all-around force that will perform satisfactorily in every field, but might not always excel. Hence a combined arms approach is extremely important when facing technologically superior forces. And while the center of gravity of the Yugoslav Army are infantry formations that are highly varied, logistically undemanding and survivable, armoured and mechanized are certainly capable of making it tough for any adversary.

Featrures:

•   A nation pack with two new factions: Italy and Yugoslavia.
•   Over 250 new units and aircraft from the 1965-1991 era. Iconic modern equipment like the VCC-1 and SIDAM, or Praga SPAAG and M-84 MBT, but also plenty of venerable veterans like M4A3 Sherman, M36 Jackson or SU-100. Increased infantry variety ranging from StG-44 armed Yugoslav paratroopers to elite Italian Bersaglieri and Alpini troops.
•   A new map, covering 61x61 kilometres of area around the Italy-Yugoslavia border.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline SystemInShock

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2019, 06:16:54 PM »
The new units and map is really good news.  The new campaign generator is downright exciting for me.  I don't much care for just the scenario type of gameplay.  I'm more of a long-term goal type of person and a campaign is just the perfect way to experience it.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
When in Danger, When in Doubt; run in circles, scream and shout.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2019, 03:55:58 PM »
Armored Brigade Nation Pack - Italy Iconic Units

Italy is one of the two new factions being featured in the first DLC Nation Pack of Armored Brigade.

It has an interesting combination of support and mechanized troops and some excellent infantry units to be deployed on the battlefield.

Here below you can see a glimpse of the Italian arsenal!

Armored Brigade Nation Pack. Italy - Yugoslavia will be available on May, 9th

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2019, 01:50:51 PM »
Armored Brigade Campaign Generator Guide

This is an overview of the first iteration of the Armored Brigade Campaign Generator system. It and the original Battle Generator are built with the same design philosophy in mind: To have an easy way to generate an infinite amount of replayable content that can be shared with others.

It provides a context for the battles and adds more depth to gameplay by making use of the game’s features that some players might otherwise have overlooked.

The flexibility of the battle system that can handle almost any forces, locations, and other parameters is made use of by having units with tracked statistics, battle locations that are dictated by the outcome of the previous battle, and the time of day and the weather that keep changing during or between the battles. One strength of Armored Brigade is the enormous size of maps. They offer a myriad of unique and realistic locations, and when fighting over a piece terrain, even for several battles, its special characteristics become familiar and memorable.

The system tracks explosions and terrain fires, and these areas become destruction zones in the following battles. All this creates a sense of drama.

Let’s take a look at how a fresh campaign is generated, and how the transition between the campaign battles works.

IMPORTANT - The Battle Generator tool comes with the free update that will be released along with the Nation Pack. It will be available both for the base game and the DLC.

Click on the Picture to read the document

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2019, 11:18:26 AM »
Armored Brigade Nation Pack Twitch Stream

Armored Brigade Nation Pack: Italy - Yugoslavia will be released this week, on May 9th!

If you are eager to see the new factions and map in action, then don't miss XTRG playing the game today on our official

The stream will start at 6 pm BST!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2019, 02:59:16 PM »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2019, 12:10:09 AM »
Armored Brigade Nation Pack: Italy - Yugoslavia is out

Armored Brigade Nation Pack: Italy – Yugoslavia, the first DLC for the acclaimed Cold War wargame Armored Brigade, is now available on our store.

Italy and Yugoslavia are ready to join the conflict with hundreds of new units and aircraft, on a complete new map (the Gorizia Gap) covering 61x61 kilometers.

Together with the Nation Pack DLC developers have released also an important update featuring, among many other goodies, a Campaign Generator tool! And it is free!

If you want to know about how Campaign Generator works, have a look at this guide

You can check the full changelog below

If you are eager to see the new factions and map in action, then don't miss XTRG playing the game today on our official

The stream will start at 6 pm BST!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Armored Front: Tiger Command

Started by Asid

Replies: 2
    Views: 2897
    Last post July 05, 2021, 12:13:36 AM
    by Asid
    Notruf 112 | Emergency Call 112- The fire brigade simulation

Started by Asid

Replies: 121
    Views: 68328
    Last post February 22, 2019, 01:47:23 PM
    by Asid
    Armored Warfare

Started by Red2112

Replies: 7
    Views: 7881
    Last post October 28, 2016, 11:47:16 AM
    by Red2112
    Fantasy General II is announced!

Started by Asid

Replies: 57
    Views: 26962
    Last post February 26, 2021, 02:17:39 AM
    by Asid
    First Aerosoft Farm Simulator 17 Add-on announced!

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 3318
    Last post June 22, 2017, 03:00:31 PM
    by Asid