Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Armored Brigade Is Officially Announced!  (Read 41103 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Armored Brigade Is Officially Announced!
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2018, 04:12:48 PM »
There may be the possibility of a discount for Armored Brigade for DOW members.

I will update tomorrow.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Beef

• Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2018, 04:50:36 PM »
I'm glad I read this before I bought the game! Thanks Asid.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2018, 03:29:49 PM »
Armored Brigade Discount code for Dogs Of War Members

The Cold War has turned hot, and Europe is once again torn apart by conflict. Join the fight!

Dogs Of War have managed to secure a discount from our friends at Matrix/Slitherine games. The game was released just yesterday so an early discount is not common.

This code will give you a discount off the purchase of Armored Brigade from Matrix Games. The game was released yesterday

pm me for the discount code

Purchase: here

How to use the discount code: here

Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability. The game has drawn inspiration from classics such as Close Combat, Steel Panthers and Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.

In Armored Brigade the Cold War has turned hot, and Europe is once again torn apart by conflict. An "Iron Curtain" divides the Western Powers gathered together under the NATO banner from the Soviet Union and its Warsaw Pact Allies.

Take command of the deadliest mechanized formations available during an arc of time spanning from the Kennedy-Chrušcev confrontation to the final years, and fight your opponents in large and detailed maps all across Europe.

Large maps, modelled upon real terrain make each battle a true test of wits. Weather and visibility all play a role and with several munition types, including air to air combat and artillery, no battle will be the same.   Exciting and challenging tank warfare only adds to the level of realism.

HUNDREDS OF GROUND AND AIR UNITS

REALISTIC MAPS

BATTLE GENERATOR

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Selva

• -= Hk =-
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2018, 02:32:19 PM »
Thanks for the discounts.

Secondly, what are your first impressions? Is it really good, realistic and detailed as promissed?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Archtung Panzer!

Offline Wayne

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2018, 10:48:37 PM »
Yes, thank you for the discount.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Selva

• -= Hk =-
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2018, 03:17:43 PM »
I got the game these past few days (thanks Asid for the discount coupon). I liked it a lot, but could be better.

What I liked or considered very good:

- The maps are very well designed and of considerable dimensions.
- Database for easy editing. You can create content for the game (factions, weapons etc ...) with ease and increase your scenario.
- Spectacular generic mission generator. The game brings a set of options that allows you to customize many aspects of your combat scenario.
- Level of considerable realism. It is not ultra-realistic, yet it has a level of realism, and detail, considerable for a hardcore wargamer.
- A good artificial intelligence, capable of giving you a lot of work if you miss the timing or are not very knowledgeable about the basic equipment or strategies.

Which I considered to be regular, or less than expected.

- The graphics, despite being in 2D, which I do not consider as a problem, on the contrary, do not have a good level of detail.

- Units, such as tanks, may behave strangely. An example is when the tank, in addition to the tower, accompanies the displacement of the enemy unit it is engaging in real time.

- There are no middle-term conditions between "Functional Unit" and "Unit Destroyed". The destroyed unit graphics are always the same.

- Poor, limited and repetitive visual effects.

- Sound quality lower than expected. For some weapons it's OK, but for others, such as artillery, it's not above poor.

- There is no option to order a vehicle to monitor a zone. What you can do is order it so that it rotates, totally, in a certain direction.

- Vehicles always seem to be in "scanning" mode, even in the face of a sector of known threats.So you might order your tank to move into contact with and unkown enemy and it will, scanning the horizons with the enemy already known. You should pray for it's turret to be looking at the enemy direction when it arrives.

- The infantry move in a very exposed way. If it is not housed, it can easily be felled by walking in the middle of the street when traveling between buildings, for example. It is as if there were two conditions of coverage (housed and non-housed), not having an advantage, simply because it is in an urban area.

- Regular infantry and support units do not have displacement vehicles, such as trucks or cars, which makes the displacement of these very, very, very slowly and inefficient.

- There is no logistics in the game. If your units run out of ammo, I'm sorry. There is no way to have a rearmament point and rotate fresh units with wasted ones.

Despite the cons, it's a good game, with untapped potential. I'd give it a 6.9 / 10 rating.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 06:13:53 PM by Selva »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Archtung Panzer!

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2018, 04:55:24 PM »
https://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/11699-wargames/?page=13&tab=comments#comment-185927
Quote from: Apocalypse31
I went against my better judgement (to never buy another Slitherine game) and picked this up.

Terrible game, and not worth $40. Another example of poorly made Slitherine products.
  • Its impossible to read the terrain (no definition of heights) unless you switch to a weird looking isometric view that is totally unusable to command units.
  • Unit SOPs are bogus and do not save. You have to constantly save SOPs and micromanage how units move and fight.
  • Unit pathfinding is awful; as in, I wanted to rip my face off as I watched my pixel troops drive all over the map (not where I wanted them to go). It's not bad on large open maps, but that just limits where you can fight - on the only 4 maps available
  • No tutorial missions, nor is there a campaign. Just a bunch of poorly defined scenarios, with fully detailed orders like "Seize the Objective" with literally no graphics anywhere (where is my objective?).
  • The battle generator is also crappy; AI units just defend wherever they feel like, totally abstract of the defined objectives. During on of my games, the entire enemy force was defending the bottom left side of the map even though the objective was on the opposite side of the map. Never mind the AI trying to put together a cohesive attack plan!
  • Command Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelay for everything! Want you unit to drive 2 meters down the road? That'll be a 1 minute command delay!
  • The game uses a grid system (100mx100m, I think?) and only 1 unit can occupy the same grid at a time. Sounds like a great way to organize things, but its actually a huge pain in the ass, especially when you're working with infantry forces in close-terrain but cant gather enough mass.

Terrible, terrible. I wish Slitherine would refund games.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I ride inside Steel Beasts.

Offline Beef

• Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2018, 05:18:05 PM »
https://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/11699-wargames/?page=13&tab=comments#comment-185927
Quote from: Apocalypse31
I went against my better judgement (to never buy another Slitherine game) and picked this up.

Terrible game, and not worth $40. Another example of poorly made Slitherine products.
  • Its impossible to read the terrain (no definition of heights) unless you switch to a weird looking isometric view that is totally unusable to command units.
  • Unit SOPs are bogus and do not save. You have to constantly save SOPs and micromanage how units move and fight.
  • Unit pathfinding is awful; as in, I wanted to rip my face off as I watched my pixel troops drive all over the map (not where I wanted them to go). It's not bad on large open maps, but that just limits where you can fight - on the only 4 maps available
  • No tutorial missions, nor is there a campaign. Just a bunch of poorly defined scenarios, with fully detailed orders like "Seize the Objective" with literally no graphics anywhere (where is my objective?).
  • The battle generator is also crappy; AI units just defend wherever they feel like, totally abstract of the defined objectives. During on of my games, the entire enemy force was defending the bottom left side of the map even though the objective was on the opposite side of the map. Never mind the AI trying to put together a cohesive attack plan!
  • Command Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelay for everything! Want you unit to drive 2 meters down the road? That'll be a 1 minute command delay!
  • The game uses a grid system (100mx100m, I think?) and only 1 unit can occupy the same grid at a time. Sounds like a great way to organize things, but its actually a huge pain in the ass, especially when you're working with infantry forces in close-terrain but cant gather enough mass.

Terrible, terrible. I wish Slitherine would refund games.

I did buy this game as well. I'm enjoying it because it is a game after all.

I definitely appreciate Asid's work on getting a discount for the DoW community.  :thumbsup

Nonetheless, Apocalypse's mini review is unfortunately accurate. The path-finding is horrible. Much to my chagrin, mechanized units in close column formation will not road march and seem intent on wandering every which way to their waypoint. The "only one unit per grid square" is frustrating as well, and not realistic at all. Have they not heard of stacking (like they do in board games and other computer games -- i.e., War In The East.)

Hopefully the developers will take the community feedback and continue to improve this game. It has great potential.

So, for now you can be entertained by this game; but if like me you are grognard / veteran than you will be constantly scratching your head--or pulling your face off as it were. :facepalm_smiley

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2018, 02:04:50 PM »
Armored Brigade Tutorial Video #2: Line of Sight

In Armored Brigade you can find a huge variety of tactical challenges. With a level of technological warfare so high where everything could be at range and eliminated very rapidly, knowing where to place your units is vital.

In this second Tutorial Video, we will be exploring a bit a precious and versatile tool: the Line of Sight.

Get more information about the game from its official Product Page

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2018, 02:40:06 PM »
Armored Brigade AAR: The Defense of Rotenburg

Major Max Maurer sat quietly in his command-post, contemplating what the next day or two might bring. His command, “D” Company of 311 Panzergrenadier Battalion, 31 Panzergrenadier Brigade was as ready as he could have it. He was pleased with the calm professionalism his team had displayed during their deployment to Rotenburg, and for the seamless way his reinforcements had amalgamated into their new command. It spoke highly of the pre-war training the brigade and division had underwent, to prepare them for this moment.

The Soviets had predictably unleashed hell as they crossed the border into the Bundesrepublik Deutschland, and had penetrated deep into the 1st German and 1st Netherlands Corps areas. The Dutch in particular had taken significant losses but were still holding out in key areas, while other elements of 11th Panzergrenadier Division were also being pressed hard. Max knew he had to hold Rotenburg at all costs, to prevent a complete Soviet breakout to the west and to allow heavy US reinforcements to arrive and prepare to reinforce NATO units in Northern Germany.

Read the full AAR here

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2018, 02:45:11 PM »
Armored Brigade Twitch with Giveaway!

Join Matrix/Slitherine on December 11th on our official
as XTRG will play Armored Brigade!

The show starts at 6 pm GMT for about 3 hours, so plenty of time to spend in the middle of World War III.

In addition, they will be giving three copies of the game as a giveaway, so better not to miss this incredible opportunity!

Jointhem at 6 pm GMT on our official

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2018, 02:47:33 PM »
Armored Brigade Tutorial Video #3: Air Support

Air Support plays an important role in Armored Brigade. Rather than just a mere reactive tool, its usage must be carefully planned and integrated into a mid-long strategy.

Today we talk a little about how to call for Air Support during a battle and what considerations taking into account.

Stay tuned for further information!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2018, 04:04:34 PM »
Armored Brigade updated to version 1.002

Armored Brigade is receiving its first update, bringing the game to version 1.002.

You can download the update from here

1.002 Changelog

- Fix: Missing Polish Mi-2 winter sprites.
- Fix: Missing moving desert sprite for 8th men for Saracen Mech squad and Infantry squad.
- Fix: Transparency on winter turret for GDR T-72 and on desert hull sprite for MTLB.
- [ui] Implemented the 'battle positions and target reference points on/off' option.
- [ui] Implemented the 'window edge map scroll on/off' option.
- [database] Adjusted the T-64 reverse speeds.
- [maps] Removed trees from streams and roads in forest.
- [scenarios] Adjusted the 'Rear Guard', 'Midnight Surprise' and 'Who Will Stop the Rain' scenarios.
- [gameguide] Updated the gameguide content.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2019, 02:30:00 PM »
Armored Brigade - Map Making Tutorial
04/02/19
Daniele - Matrix Games Staff

Hi everybody!

Everyone who played Armored Brigade knows that maps are one of the best element of the game. Highly precise and derived from real ones, they provide battlefields for every need.

We have already covered in one Dev Diary the incredible amount of work that Veitikka Studios put in the process of creating such detailed maps.

But, would you like to create your own map to be used within the game?

In the incredible forum thread, Dimitry from Veitikka Studios will guide you through the whole of the undertaking of MAP MAKING!

On the basis of such thread, we have created a downloadable PDF document in which you'll find all the info.

Click on the banner below to see it!
(You can find this guide right below the Manual link too in the Armored Brigade Main Forum)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2019, 05:39:04 PM »
Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta!
05/02/19

Hi Everyone,

The Armored Brigade team have been busy working on a lot of improvements and fixes.

Before we officially release these, we would like to confirm our tests that everything works as it should.

If you are interested in helping us test the update before it becomes official, you can download it from THIS LINK, or grab it from the MEMBERS AREA if you have it registered.

If you post your feedback in a new thread, please start he thread title with "[1.006 public beta]".

Thank you!

You can read the list of changes below:

Fix: The Polish ZPU-2 AA-gun wreck sprite was misnamed.
Fix: Helicopters always returned to the battle position #1 after HQ CAS.
[engine] Implement the helicopter covered/quickest path mode option.
[engine] Improve the wedge, vee, line and echeloned line formations. There's much less movement between the formation left/right sides, especially with large formations.
[engine] Implement the 'fortified' (not dug-in) scenario defence level option.
[engine] Allow the battle go on without a limit after the end conditions have been reached.
[engine] Implement the 'seek cover' SOP option.
[engine] Implement the message action options system.
[engine] Implement the 'enemy ground unit spotted' message.
[engine] Implement the 'orient listener with the locked unit' audio option.
[engine] The illumination flare brightness is limited when the flares overlap.
[engine] Add more map editor mode terrain type hotkeys.
[scenarios] Add the 'Winterburan' scenario.
[ui] Store all the battle event messages and allow mouse wheel scrolling on the message list.
[ui] Show the ammunition details when the mouse cursor is on the unit weapon info panel.
[ui] Add the 'fire all' buttons for artillery HE, DPICM and illumination rounds.
[ui] Update the SOP menu button style.
[ui] Show explosion icons for artillery and mortar shells and bombs.
[ui] When moving helicopters, scroll the screen automatically to the selected helicopter battle position.
[ui] Show the helicopter BP/TRP name when designating them or moving helicopters.
[ui] Show the 'player character' hint less often.
[ui] Show the on-map mortar and artillery minimum and maximum ranges and the illumation shell radius when setting the target area.
[ui] Update hotkey: 'Custom fast compression': Ctrl+Tab.
[ui] Update the blue map location label color.
[ui] Update the credits.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Armored Front: Tiger Command

Started by Asid

Replies: 2
    Views: 2897
    Last post July 05, 2021, 12:13:36 AM
    by Asid
    Notruf 112 | Emergency Call 112- The fire brigade simulation

Started by Asid

Replies: 121
    Views: 68327
    Last post February 22, 2019, 01:47:23 PM
    by Asid
    Armored Warfare

Started by Red2112

Replies: 7
    Views: 7881
    Last post October 28, 2016, 11:47:16 AM
    by Red2112
    Fantasy General II is announced!

Started by Asid

Replies: 57
    Views: 26960
    Last post February 26, 2021, 02:17:39 AM
    by Asid
    First Aerosoft Farm Simulator 17 Add-on announced!

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 3318
    Last post June 22, 2017, 03:00:31 PM
    by Asid