Content Update on the Horizon
Two weeks have now passed without any news or updates but don’t worry we are working hard here at the office in Copenhagen attending to the last details for our first content update, and we are really looking forward to letting you guys play it and hear what you think.Stealth Game Play
We have just started the final testing of the first content update 0.4.6.0 that we aim to release next week introducing a Battle board with stealth game play, where you will be able to pull, a real Loki plan on the poor Englishmen. We won’t reveal too much, leaving it up to you to discover it by yourself.What to expect from the next Content update 0.4.6.0
We appreciate all the constructive feedback we've been getting on Wartile through Steam, we are listening! So far, we've already made numerous tweaks and fixes to the game based on what the community has been telling us, we've still got additional tweaks and improvements to the Wartile player experience to make but judging by what we're hearing, you love the game and what we've created so far, thank you!Tears of Eir (Tutorial)
• Tutorial now includes additional tutorial elements.
• Explanation of unit targeting and how to change target attack
• Explanation of godly and tactical cards
• Explanation of battle points
• Explanation of unit ability cards
• Tutorial includes a secondary object “It’s a Trap”, that unlocks the “Trap” tactical card.
• Units on first difficulty has been nerfed slightlyLost Norse
• Secondary objective “Destroy the Boats” now unlocks a new godly card: “Curse of Old Age” (!!! Missing art)
• Ancient Leader and Ancient Norse now includes a small surprise on death.
• The cave no longer contains a trap to find and pick up. (see Tears of Eir changes)Hillside
• Hillside has been made significantly easier on first difficulty. It was really hard to start with.
• Secondary objective “War Rings” now unlocks new godly card “Heimdallr’s Vigil”)
• “War Rings” objective has seen various changes
• Rings now drop from “Heidrun Leaders”
• Heidrun Leaders has been moved around
• “Warhorn” objective has seen various changes
• Objective is now called “Gjallarhorn”
• The objective has been moved into the final cave.Coastline
• Completing Coastline now also unlocks Strength of Magni Godly CardNew Coastline by Night
• Added new coastline battle board variation called “Kings Favor”. This features a new stealth-like mechanic that will challenge players timing and tactical skills.UI
• Godly/Tactical and Unit Ability cards has been adjusted to reduce clipping through the terrain.Ability Cards
All player figurines now have unique abilities.
Warrior Leader (Guy with yellow hair)
• Ability 1: Shield Bash
• Ability 2 (New): Banner: Places a banner on a free tile that buffs nearby friendly units attack and defense skill.
• Ability 3 (New): Armor Break: Perform a violent attack that significantly debuffs defense skill and armor for the duration.
Norse Hunter (Guy with no hair)
• Ability 1 (New): Taunt: Will make all enemy units in range target this unit with their attacks for the duration. In addition they receive a minor defense debuff.
• Ability 2: Shield Wall
• Ability 3: Shield Push
Spearman of the South
• Ability 1: Immobilize
• Ability 2 (New): Action Surge: The spearman reduces his movement cooldown significantly and increases movement range. In addition, he receives a minor bonus to attack speed.
• Ability 3 (New): Spear Wall: The spearman focuses on a tile, attacking and pushing back any unit that steps onto that tile. This deals a massive amount of damage.
Brute of the Wolf Clan
• Ability 1: Kick to the Groin
• Ability 2: Forceful Attack
• Ability 3 (New): Wrath of Idunn: The brute cannot die for 15 seconds and heals a minor amount of health of the duration.Godly & Tactical Cards
• New card: “Heimdallr’s Vigil”: Gives a major defensive bonus to a target figurine.
• New card: “Curse of Old Age”: Target figurine fall to sleep for 8 seconds.
• New card: “King’s Favor”: Summons a viking warrior to help you for a while.Wartile Top Survival Tips
If you're struggling on some of the harder levels of Wartile we've put together a few key tips to keep your Viking from meeting their Valhalla too soon. Be sure to use the customization option to equip your Viking with all the necessary weapons and armor before each quest begins.
• Be sure to use the customization option to equip your Viking with all the necessary weapons and armor before each quest begins.
• Customize your fighters and utilize armor and weapons carefully, each Viking has a weapon that has its tactical advantages if used wisely on the BattleBoards.
• Spearman are perfect for inflicting initial damage on enemy units while maneuvering an axe or sword wielding warrior in on the flank or even behind an enemy character.
• Explore all areas of the map, its easy to overlook treasure chests that could make all the difference in your loot quantity.
• Keep a close eye on your Vikings health, use the health cards to replenish health even in the heat of battle and draw your opponents in to a choke point on the map you can take advantage of.
• Move quickly to eliminate Archers and avoid direct line of sight, ranged attacks from guard towers can inflict damage from a distance.
• Completing battle boards on higher difficulty tiers will increase the battle experience of your Vikings as well as providing them with better equipment
This was all for now, we really hope you enjoy the Early Access of Wartile and want to ensure you that we still have lots of great things coming up, both regarding more playable content, but also new features and improvements of issues raised by our community. With next weeks content update we aim to share more about the content we are planing to release in the near future.
Until then have a happy Easter Weekend everyone.
The Wartile Team