Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: AGEOD'S: English Civil War  (Read 18452 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
AGEOD'S: English Civil War
« on: February 15, 2017, 03:53:25 PM »

“I had rather have a plain, russet-coated Captain, that knows what he fights for, and loves what he knows, than that you call a Gentleman and is nothing else” – Oliver Cromwell, 1643

Official Site: Here
Official forum: Here
Official forum: Here
Steam:
Product page: Here

Manual: PDF Here
Editor: Moddable Data Files
Theatre: Britain
Turns: Turn-Based WEGO
Unit Scale: Regiment, Brigade, Corps, Army

Trailer

About This Game
The King or the Parliament? Choose your side and take command of the Cavaliers armies or the Roundheads and the Covenanters. From Scotland to Dover, from Wales to Kent the counties raise their regiments to defend the King or Parliament. To remain neutral is not a choice. Manage your resources, your loyalty, your best leaders, choose your strategy and take control of key cities. Became familiar with legendary places like Bristol, York, Arundel, Nantwich, Reading, Oxford,…. Put them under siege or defend them sending a relief army or just find the enemy at the gates of York.

With a detailed  selection of the historical units of the conflict you will find the Covenanters, Newcastle’s whitecoats, Cromwell’s Ironside’s, the new model Army or the Cornwallis legendary infantry. Players can build and manage their armies, throughout the campaigns set in the various theaters of operations like Yorkshire, Cheshire, Lancashire, Bristol, Lincolnshire, etc…. Ageod's unique system of detailed strategic representation of this era's conflicts makes the difference here your decisions will determine if you can win or become defeated.

A set of unique commanders with historical portraits and traits like the Royalist Byron, Prince Rupert, Hopton, Newcastle, King Charles or the Parliamentarians: Essex,Thomas  Fairfax, Waller,Cromwell, the Earl of Leven help you in achieving your objectives giving a unique feeling of being in command in those key days of 1642.

Features

•   Setting: The game covers England, Wales, Scotland and the surrounding sea regions.  Two playable sides, The Royalists and the Parliamentarians. Allow represent military operations between July 1642 and end of 1646.
•   Game map is divided into small regions as usual in Ageod games, with a variety of terrain, climates and development level to represent correctly the countries represented (England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland). Several historical cities represented as Bristol, Hull, York, Arundel, Portsmouth, Chester,…
•   Scenarios: 6 in total, with 3 tutorials, 1 Great Campaign covering the whole conflict and 2 more covering the war from later starting points to the end of 1646.
•   Historical leaders: Mall the great leader of this war are well represented with historical portraits, strategic abilities and traits. Great detailed units representing the regiments of both sides, their strength, historical names, origin and a nice representation of this era uniforms. You could manage the Ironsides, the Cavaliers horse regiments, The Newcastle’s Whitecoats, The irish regiments, The covenanters, Trained Bands, etc… The navy, not so relevant in this conflict, is as well represented with historical  warships.
•   Production: Control your factions spending wisely your resources to create new troops and pay the  cost of your army, take control of key industrial cities and their production centers.
•   Regional Decision Cards: The game includes the already known  card system that lets you trigger events such as Commision of Array, Recruitment, Break Blockade, etc… this cards, if played wisely can affect the flow of a campaign.
•   Detailed game model includes features such as Weather, Attrition, Supply, Prisoners  and Fog of War
•   Historical Events are triggered throughout the game giving the player crucial decision points. These cover anything from the seize of a citiy, The arrival of the Queen to Covenanters intervention.
•   Battlefield Tactics allow the player to make decisions that can turn the tide of battle.
•   Sieges and Supply management are all covered in detail in the game.
•   Chain of Command allows units to be organized in to groups and bigger stacks simulating historical Brigades.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:54:12 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Stardog765

Re: AGEOD'S: English Civil War
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 04:04:09 PM »
Nice!  I do like that gaming system I have to admit.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 04:09:07 PM »
Nice!  I do like that gaming system I have to admit.

I will update when I get more info. Not sure if it will be with the new AGEOD engine.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 04:17:16 PM »
Looks like the "newer" Thirty Years War engine but who knows.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 11:23:10 AM »
New screenshots for English Civil War, featuring the Siege of Hull and the Battle of Edgehill!

The failed siege of Hull and the Battle of Edgehill represent the initial fights of the English Civil War.

Especially the latter, where its inconclusive outcome denied both factions the strategic advantage they needed to put an end to the war quickly.

In the upcoming wargame by AGEod and HQ set during the early years of the English Civil War, you will be able to relive these events - and many others – with an unmatched historical precision!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 01:24:23 AM »
English Civil War Main Art Revealed!

The civil conflict that erupted in the British Isles in 1641 and lasted almost ten years, is, undoubtedly, one of the major turning points of British history.

Religious and political struggles are dividing the country, and the stakes are high! To whom will you swear your loyalty? To the King or to the Parliament?

Developers from HQ are proud to reveal the Main Art for The English Civil War, an upcoming wargame using the Ageod engine depicting this underrated conflict!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 06:26:22 PM »
English Civil War Twitch Stream!

The King or the Parliament? Join the fight tomorrow, 17th March and watch the English CIvil War on Twitch at 4pm GMT - 5 pm CET!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 06:00:36 PM »
Ageod teams up with the Sealed Knot Society for the English Civil War!

Ageod Games is very proud to announce a collaboration with the Sealed Knot Society – the largest re-enactment society in Europe – in support of the upcoming English Civil War game.

We truly appreciate their efforts in keeping alive the memory of this conflict and its heritage, and with their experience we hope to make the English Civil War game the most historically accurate wargame for PC about this fascinating setting.

“The Sealed Knot is the oldest re-enactment society in the UK, a registered educational charity, and the single biggest re-enactment society in Europe […] The aims of the Society are not to glorify war, but to honourthose that died in the many battles of the English Civil War, and to educate the public about those wars, and also about the lives and times of people in that period.” (From the Sealed Knot site) http://www.thesealedknot.org.uk/

"The development of this game will assist the Sealed Knot in its 50-year charitable obligation to educate the public in the importance of this period of British history. A period in which a nation was forged and the seeds of modern democracy were sown in this important period of British and world history. A period in which families were divided by their beliefs in how a nation should be forged and the percentage of lives lost per head of population in this conflict was greater than those of WW1." (Paul Eaglestone, Lord General, commanding the Army of Parliament in Sealed Knot re-enactments)

Click here to know more about the Sealed Knot Society and their events!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 04:10:29 PM »
English Civil War Tips for Parliament

Published on Apr 19, 2017

As we approach the release date for AGEODS English Civil War, we wanted to share some starting tips for new players. If you enjoy this Parliamentarian tips video and would like to see a Royalist one, please let us know in the comments below. Don't forget to rate, comment and subscribe for more information!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 04:18:34 PM »
English Civil War Tips for Royalists

Published on Apr 24, 2017

A tips video for our ROYALIST friends, to have a look at the page on this game please head here http://www.matrixgames.com/products/683/details/English.Civil.War
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Raied

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2017, 04:31:34 PM »
I am waiting for this, I think AGEOD engine is very suitable and excel in civil wars topics.

Oh and just now, they announce the release date, it is 11 May http://www.matrixgames.com/news/2223/English.Civil.War.Release.Date.Revealed
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 04:38:11 PM by Raied »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 04:41:13 PM »
I was just about to announce the date  :thumbsup