Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Hearts of Iron III  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Nitai

Hearts of Iron III
« on: February 11, 2017, 01:50:17 PM »
So iv'e been playing this really cool game for a while now, it's a bit slow but very detailed and still only takes a few hours to learn and a bit more to master. Baseically you can choose whatever country you want from 1936 and control every aspect of it up to 1958 i belive.
There's also a really good mod called "balck ice" which adds a HUGE amount of historical ditails and makes the end date 1968 i think.
There's a bunch of other cool mods too and i think that if you play with 4 players for example it can turn into a very interesting political game with backstabbing and alliances that counstently shift as the war progress, or we could all work togther.

I really like that you can explore alternate history if you whish, for example i once played as the UK and refused the anchlus of austria, germany tried to do it anyway so france declared war on them, they had no alies yet so i kicked the luftwaffe and the krigesmarine pretty easliy and the french started pushing into the rhineland... would have been an interesting cold war... oh and argentina joined the axis out of nowhere, don't know what's up with that...

There are however a few downsides: the game is slow moveing, especially with mods, and it might take a few sessions to get to the war (ofcurse we can try to start it early if we want...). Another problem is, or so iv'e heared, stability, iv'e never had much problems with that but other useres reported problems when in multiplayer, i'm sure we can handle it thougth...

i could help you guys learen the game in a few hours and from there it's just expirience really, but you'd still have to be paitent for the action to start, especially in multiplayer, the good thing is we can save the game, at any point we want and load it with no probelm, it's a real time strategy but speed is variable and we can pause at any moment we whish.

The game is available in steam for 10$ but to be able to really enjoy it you need to get the collection version for 45$, otherwise there's a lot of missing featurs and you can't use mods...

i'll try to get some screenshots and i'm sure you'll find some cool stuff if you look for the game on youtube.

let me know if this interests you!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Hearts of Iron III
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 03:51:11 PM »
Hi Nitai

HOI3 is a good game. The Black Ice mod adds so much extra to make it feel more "alive". If you do manage to get a mp game going then a few screen shots/aar would be great.

Thanks
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags:

Clad in Iron: Sakhalin 1904

Started by Asid

Replies: 6