Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Realistic AA missiles mod (poll)  (Read 5609 times)

Offline Nitai

Realistic AA missiles mod (poll)
« on: January 29, 2017, 01:16:11 PM »
I was roaming around in the BMS forums and i came across this: https://www.bmsforum.org/forum/showthread.php?19038-Missile-aerodynamics-project
It's not a perfect solution but i did feel like missile behavior can be wierd in falcon, i think that could improve it a lot, and i would like to hear what you guys think. I belive in order to use this we all have to use it, not just the server, so please end your comment with a vote on the usage of this in future flights.
I will count the votes when i'm back from the army (it's gonna be either a week or 2 weeks, i'll let you guys know when i do).
I have not tested this yet, i'll write my educated opinion when i do, but it seems good....
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lusik

• HAVOC
Re: Realistic AA missiles mod (poll)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 12:05:21 AM »
Hi,

I can give it a try, although it's hard to determine which behaviour is more realistic. Missile performance is definitely classified so it is hard to determine which behaviour is more realistic. I've seen a document with a detailed analysis of missile performance in Desert Storm a while ago. Basing on its data DCS performance seems to be more legitimate. I was surprised how low launch to hit ratio was. I'm sure that modern missiles  are far more effective. It also has to be noted that majority of medium range missiles fired in ODS were AIM-7s, which are or rather were  famous... for their lack of reliability. However, even firing AIM-120 at max range will result in low PK while in BMS too many missiles fired near max range find their mark.

So the bottom line is: why not. Let's test it.  :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Falcon BMS Mods

Started by Asid

Replies: 2
    Views: 4048
    Last post May 19, 2016, 07:29:37 PM