Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: how can i help you get into BMS?  (Read 5801 times)

Offline Nitai

how can i help you get into BMS?
« on: January 24, 2017, 08:27:18 PM »
I was told some people want to get into BMS, and i'm happy to help, however i want to do so effectivly since i'm not gonna have too much time for it in a few days.
So my question is what do you guys need help with? i'll try to make written tutorials about whatever you guys ask me to.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tom N

• Tornado
Re: how can i help you get into BMS?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 04:19:38 AM »
I think keybindings is the most crucial topic to make the beginner comfortable, the default ones are crap. Reducing the stuff to the most necessary fast-to-press keys is essential! Comparing to Digital  Integration's "Tornado" everything is a lot more complicated, for example gear up and gear down now is a process which can be executed with engine normally or without engine required to be done manually like in the no-fuel-tutorial-emergency-landing (2 different keys for up and down = 4 keys). Same with many throttle options. Another thing is radio frequency: if you don't hit the right one there is much silence! (Digging into the files eventually will result in finding them).

Stalling is different and will not be prevented automatically by assisting systems. It's harder to put the nose down back into airstream, when falling like a rock. Gear down command helps with that (Just figure which one)

Comming back to no fuel situations or other emergencies: if weight reduction is required, this command needs to be keybound as well (jettison cargo).
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tom N

• Tornado
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 04:23:56 PM »
Breaking the plane on purpose in the most varied ways is the best teacher you'll get, so ...
here are your instructions:

http://www.unitedoperations.net/wiki/Emergency_procedures
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lusik

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 08:55:00 PM »
Good point. I tend to assign as many keybinding to my joystick and change those that are completely unergonomic. It takes 10 - 15 minutes to set it up to your preference and maybe some tweaks later. I would like to get back to BMS one day. Currently lack of free time is may main restriction.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Falcon BMS 4 35 Trailer YouTube 4K

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2842
    Last post December 20, 2020, 12:08:30 AM