Translations for our friends around the world.

Scourge Of War

Author Topic: New SOW Waterloo Toolbar (DOW Toolbar)  (Read 44466 times)

Offline roy64

Re: New SOW Waterloo Toolbar (DOW Toolbar)
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2017, 11:37:04 AM »
The toolbar is coming along quite nicely, I really like the marching music but it seems a bit quiet to me. The first thing I noticed was you don't have the TC on/TC off all subordinates & the take charge of officers buttons, for me they are some of the most important commands on a toolbar.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2017, 01:24:14 PM »
Not sure, if I understood your point correctly, but yesterday when playing MP at DoW event, the flag icons to switch the AI control for commanders and batallions/esquadrons on/off were still there in the toolbar.
Upper left corner of the command buttons above the buggle.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline roy64

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2017, 01:57:35 PM »
Not sure, if I understood your point correctly, but yesterday when playing MP at DoW event, the flag icons to switch the AI control for commanders and batallions/esquadrons on/off were still there in the toolbar.

Yes there is one button to TC the selected Commander but no TC on/TC off all subordinates & the take charge of officers buttons.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2017, 02:41:07 PM »

Yes there is one button to TC the selected Commander but no TC on/TC off all subordinates & the take charge of officers buttons.

I might not know these functions. In which toolbar are those available?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2017, 02:48:22 PM »
It's in the Grog toolbar.

Actually the way to do this with our mod is via the keyboard, IIRC 8, 9 and 0 are the key.

I will add in the next version of the toolbar as buttons.

Thanks for the feedback :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline roy64

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2017, 03:04:47 PM »

Actually the way to do this with our mod is via the keyboard, IIRC 8, 9 and 0 are the key.

That's what I call good service, thank you.  :thumbsup Now to push my luck is it possible to increase the volume of the marching music. :-[
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2017, 03:19:18 PM »

That's what I call good service, thank you.  :thumbsup Now to push my luck is it possible to increase the volume of the marching music. :-[

Did you try game-main-menu/options/page 3 already?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2017, 03:39:03 PM »

Hi Roy

I am glad you like the toolbar. We welcome and encourage input from the community. The toolbar is not complete and is constantly being improved.

As for the marching music, we are adjusting the levels to get a good balance. Norbsoft removed the slider which enabled adjustment from the menu a while back.

We have a great multiplayer community. Feel free to join us  :thumbsup

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2017, 06:17:40 PM »
Roy, do you mean low volume when you are very close to a battalion (so full volume) or when a battalion is marching far away from you? Do you feel marching music volume is lower than other sounds in game?

Marching music is something quite difficult to balance. If you raise up too much the volume you can notice bad sounds and music overlapping during the game which is quite annoying, too low and you have some moment where you can't hear nothing which is bad too. It's possible to increase volume only using an external program. The file which identify sounds in game only permits to lower volume. In game it's not possible at all but we're talking about something which was not designed to work the way it's working in the mod.

The way marching musics were designed was different. In Gettysburg (in Waterloo wasn't implemented but the basics were the same as Gettysburg) when you ordered a brigade to march and hit Using Road button, a music starts and loops until they march on the road. You can only enable/disable without have the possibility to increase/decrease volume.

I found that it's possible to have things works exactly as in Gettysburg but the problem is that you can't have specific marching music for different units but only generics one.

Of course everything can be improved ;)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline roy64

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2017, 06:30:00 PM »
Roy, do you mean low volume when you are very close to a battalion (so full volume) or when a battalion is marching far away from you? Do you feel marching music volume is lower than other sounds in game?

Marching music is something quite difficult to balance. If you raise up too much the volume you can notice bad sounds and music overlapping during the game which is quite annoying, too low and you have some moment where you can't hear nothing which is bad too. It's possible to increase volume only using an external program. The file which identify sounds in game only permits to lower volume. In game it's not possible at all but we're talking about something which was not designed to work the way it's working in the mod.

The way marching musics were designed was different. In Gettysburg (in Waterloo wasn't implemented but the basics were the same as Gettysburg) when you ordered a brigade to march and hit Using Road button, a music starts and loops until they march on the road. You can only enable/disable without have the possibility to increase/decrease volume.

I found that it's possible to have things works exactly as in Gettysburg but the problem is that you can't have specific marching music for different units but only generics one.

Of course everything can be improved ;)

Low volume when you are very close to a battalion. It seems low compared to say cavalry or artillery.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2017, 06:43:46 PM »
Ok, do you noticed this for a specific side/unit or for every side?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline roy64

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2017, 07:10:31 PM »
I've only played the French.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline roy64

« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2017, 11:14:39 AM »

Hi Roy

I am glad you like the toolbar. We welcome and encourage input from the community. The toolbar is not complete and is constantly being improved.

As for the marching music, we are adjusting the levels to get a good balance. Norbsoft removed the slider which enabled adjustment from the menu a while back.

We have a great multiplayer community. Feel free to join us  :thumbsup
Are all your multiplayer games HITS.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2017, 11:40:06 AM »
Yes, HITS and couriers.

But if you don't like this way to play it's possible to schedule the battle you prefer here and see if someone wants to join. On steam there are other guys looking for   bird eye view game. I or you can make a post there to see what happens.

We wants to encourage everyone to play with the preferred style  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2017, 01:35:48 PM »
BTW, when playing HITS, you probably dont want the marching music to be of higher volume, cos you are often the closest possible to the batallions.
When side by side to a friendly general and simulating a verbal communication on the field by TS-whisper-channel, I indeed had problems to understand the otherone properly because of the pipers and drummers.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

Tags:

Digging around behind the scenes of Scourge of War: Waterloo

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 3890
    Last post December 22, 2016, 02:42:38 PM
    by Asid
    SOW Waterloo multiplayer today 03/12/16?

Started by Asid

Replies: 17
    Views: 8337
    Last post December 04, 2016, 04:09:51 PM
    by chrisreb
    SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Wednesday 29/06/2022 at 20:00 GMT

Started by neilnilly

Replies: 1
    Views: 1297
    Last post June 29, 2022, 08:49:13 PM
    by General Sandman
    SOW: Waterloo Live Twitch feed 19/10/15