Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Request for beta testers - Panzer Battles Kursk v1.02  (Read 6574 times)

Offline Strela

Request for beta testers - Panzer Battles Kursk v1.02
« on: October 16, 2016, 08:40:47 PM »

Hi All,

We’re about to commence a closed beta of the 1.02 patch for Panzer Battles Kursk – Southern Flank.

We want to limit the number of testers to 100 so that if anything unforeseen happens we’re not overrun with technical issues. That said, we have run the patch through significant testing to date and are happy to release it to you.

We have an email address beta.wargamedesignstudio@gmail.com that we ask that you write to if you want to be one of the testers. We will do this first in until we hit our 100 tester target.

The 1.02 beta patch will be the first official release from WDS and we’re excited to be close to releasing it to the public.

The current 1.02 Beta Patch changelog is as follows;

Bug Fixes
-   Adjusted reporting for air attacks.
-   Corrected hex stack reporting when a wreck is in the hex
-   Corrected a crash bug when the last man/gun/vehicle is destroyed by defensive fire
-   Corrected a fog of war bug when right clicking
-   Included a check that all off board artillery is not placed on the map.
-   Any fixed unit that is fired on will now instantly un-fix
-   Units could use a bridge while in travel mode to enter an obstacle and then exit the hex, rather than lose their whole movement allowance. This has been corrected and units will now lose all their movement points if they move into an obstacle hex
-   Engineer units were in some cases isolated when in a minefield - this should no longer occur
-   Engineer units will not clear a minefield in a turn that they recover from disruption
-   Adjacent engineers no longer remove isolation for units in minefields
-   Off map artillery was not firing during the defensive fire phase - this will now occur at the same frequency as on map artillery
-   Engineers that attempt to damage a bridge or AT ditch will reveal themselves if currently concealed
-   Units can no longer combine if in mismatched travel modes
-   File mismatch due to different encryption setting during PBEM - fixed
-   Campaign auto-advance on wrong password entry - fixed

Enhancements
-   Newly implemented:  View > Map Elevations, View > Map Coordinates, View > Map Combat Modifiers.
-   New parameter file entry - Fatigue factor. Used for scaling fatigue accumulation. Set at 2.0 for Normandy & Kursk. Will be 3.0 for future titles to match the fatigue calculations in Panzer Campaigns. 3.0 is the more appropriate value to use, but none of the Kursk & Normandy scenarios were tested with the higher value
-   New on counter broken and disrupted markings - visible when stacked and unstacked.
-   New Getting Started documentation, including Campaign Primer and Terrain & Combat tables
-   Updated General Help guide with a revised layout and additional information.
-   Updated User guide with a revised layout and additional information. All manuals are a work in progress and will continue to be rationalised over time.

Order of Battle Changes
-   Corrected Soviet 27 76mm Gun btty (hs) causing scenario crash

Graphics Changes
-   New -small- terrain features. All files are under \Maps\Map Variants\Terrain Small. Copy all the 8 files into the map directory and overwrite the existing. To revert to the original graphics, copy the files out of \Maps\Map Variants\Terrain - Default directory back into the Map directory.

Map Changes
-   Alternate small map graphics included

User Interface Changes
-   New Shortcut keys
-   New Toolbar Icons in traditional and standard configuration. Small and Large versions also available for each.
-   File/folder reorganization, with creation of the following new folders:  Data (.oob & .pdt files), Logs (.log files), Manuals (.pdf files), Saves (.bt? files), Scenarios (.scn, .map files etc.), Screens (various game .bmp files).
-   New logging system (with various .log files in the new Logs folder), to assist in game testing, and identifying and fixing bugs.

Some reminders of the UI changes;

David
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 08:20:55 PM by Admin »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Request for beta testers - Panzer Battles Kursk v1.02
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 10:55:14 PM »
Hi Strela.

This is great. Kursk is one of my favourites. Nice to see it getting some attention.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 05:28:07 AM »
Very cool I would love to give it a go.

Will send and email off in the morning.  Just heading to bed now.

Thanks for the opportunity!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 09:20:16 PM »
David,
Wanted to get a post here for with my initial feedback.
So far so good with the patch.  Everything seems to work fine that I can tell, at least up to this point.  Just a few moves in going through the tutorial again.

The one thing I have found is that in the readme it talks about the new smaller map graphics and where to find them. The directory structure that is indicated in the readme does not exist.  At least for me.  The actual small map graphics files are in the \Map\Terrain - Small  folder. Unless there is something wrong with my install.  So all the info in the readme probably just needs to be updated to match where they actually are now.

This is the section of the changes.txt i am referring to.

"Graphics Changes
    - New -small- terrain features. All files are under \Maps\Map Variants\Terrain Small. Copy all the 8 files into the map directory and overwrite the existing. To revert to the original graphics, copy the files out of \Maps\Map Variants\Terrain - Default directory back into the Map directory."

The only other thing at this point I would add and this is only a personal preference thing.  I LOVE the icons on the top of the menu. So much easier for my old eyes.
I would say this for me at least.  The default icons are too small and the large seem a little too large. Like if there was in between those two it would be perfect on my 1920x1080 monitor.
Again that is just a personal preference.  The large ones which I use just seem a bit too large and take up alot of room.  But dont get me wrong I love the new icons and would never want to go back to the old ones.  Great job on that.

Anyway thats all I can find at this point, functionality seems to be good. I have not found anything broken at this point but will continue to look.

Hope that helps!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Strela

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 07:19:37 AM »
David,
Wanted to get a post here for with my initial feedback.
So far so good with the patch.  Everything seems to work fine that I can tell, at least up to this point.  Just a few moves in going through the tutorial again.

The one thing I have found is that in the readme it talks about the new smaller map graphics and where to find them. The directory structure that is indicated in the readme does not exist.  At least for me.  The actual small map graphics files are in the \Map\Terrain - Small  folder. Unless there is something wrong with my install.  So all the info in the readme probably just needs to be updated to match where they actually are now.

This is the section of the changes.txt i am referring to.

"Graphics Changes
    - New -small- terrain features. All files are under \Maps\Map Variants\Terrain Small. Copy all the 8 files into the map directory and overwrite the existing. To revert to the original graphics, copy the files out of \Maps\Map Variants\Terrain - Default directory back into the Map directory."

The only other thing at this point I would add and this is only a personal preference thing.  I LOVE the icons on the top of the menu. So much easier for my old eyes.
I would say this for me at least.  The default icons are too small and the large seem a little too large. Like if there was in between those two it would be perfect on my 1920x1080 monitor.
Again that is just a personal preference.  The large ones which I use just seem a bit too large and take up alot of room.  But dont get me wrong I love the new icons and would never want to go back to the old ones.  Great job on that.

Anyway thats all I can find at this point, functionality seems to be good. I have not found anything broken at this point but will continue to look.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your comments. I'm correcting the read me. No issues with your copy.

I have also been asked to create some midsize icons so your wish may come true in that area as well...!

David
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 01:42:05 PM »
Awesome!
You guys are doing a great job!
Everything else seems to work as its supposed to.  I honestly cant imagine going back to playing with the old icons.
As nice as they might have been in 1988 :)~

Keep up the great work!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Panzer Corps 2

Started by Asid

Replies: 86
    Views: 29207
    Last post March 22, 2024, 12:20:54 AM
    by Asid
    A modern diversion on BattleShips

Started by gameleaper

Replies: 0
    Views: 709
    Last post September 12, 2022, 06:14:49 PM
    by gameleaper
    Home of Wargamers III Live next week! Panzer Corps 2 gameplay reveal!

Started by Asid

Replies: 1
    Views: 1935
    Last post May 07, 2019, 11:31:31 AM
    by Asid
    Forts

Started by Asid

Replies: 10
    Views: 5840
    Last post February 08, 2021, 01:50:39 AM
    by Asid
    Tigers Unleashed Beta v1.2.01 (Beta B5h) 17/04/18